PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Romney: SF member?

mdklatt
7/16/2006, 06:06 PM
http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/nation/15051707.htm

In “testing the waters” for his run, Romney has cast himself as “a red speck in a blue state” and has said being a Republican from liberal Massachusetts “is a bit like being a cattle rancher at a vegetarian convention.”

I'll bet that bastard Ted Kennedy never signs his negspeks.

Okla-homey
7/16/2006, 06:10 PM
Its "Mitt" Romney isn't it? And I don't think America is ready for a LDS president.

IronSooner
7/16/2006, 06:21 PM
One can only imagine the SouthParks that would follow that election.

SicEmBaylor
7/16/2006, 06:51 PM
It's Mitt Romney, and I've been saying for 3 years that he has a very good shot at the GOP nomination

Back then I was thinking maybe Lt. Gov Michael Steele as his running mate, but he's running for Senate so that's out.

SicEmBaylor
7/16/2006, 06:51 PM
Well, unless he loses...

OklahomaTuba
7/16/2006, 11:14 PM
Rudy baby.

Anyone else gets the nod, then the GOP can just hand the WH to the spineless God hate'n terrorist appeasin entitlement monkeys. (and no, that isn't Hillary, shes TOO conservative to get nominated by the dims)

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 12:16 AM
Rudy baby.

Anyone else gets the nod, then the GOP can just hand the WH to the spineless God hate'n terrorist appeasin entitlement monkeys. (and no, that isn't Hillary, shes TOO conservative to get nominated by the dims)

Rudy won't get it. He's as popular now as he's ever going to be within the GOP. He'll never be acceptable to the social conservatives.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 12:32 AM
Rudy won't get it. He's as popular now as he's ever going to be within the GOP. He'll never be acceptable to the social conservatives.

Well, he can get around that being pro-states rights, which he is.

However, the GWOT thing will put him over the top IMO. Even more so if the dims capture some of congress and their leftist masters start demanding Bush's impeachment for spying on AQ and hoisting the white flag and retreating.

Rudy will look extra good at that point.

Now if war break out with Iran, all bets are off though.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 12:35 AM
And, I could say 4 more years of Dubya...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0786868414.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 12:39 AM
Well, he can get around that being pro-states rights, which he is.

You're dreaming. What the hell do social conservatives care about states rights? They're pushing a federal marriage amendment on an issue that should be left to the states, they generally favor the flag burning amendment, they're perfectly fine with spending federal tax dollars on federal social programs via faith based programs; they don't give a hell about states rights. Nobody in the conservative movement cares about states rights anymore. You're delusional.

However, the GWOT thing will put him over the top IMO. Even more so if the dims capture some of congress and their leftist masters start demanding Bush's impeachment for spying on AQ and hoisting the white flag and retreating.

Well, I'm fine with a couple of sessions of Democratic rule and a Republican defeat at the ballot box. That's not going to make me very popular with most of my fellow Republicans but the party needs a good bloodletting.

Rudy will look extra good at that point.Eh..

Now if war break out with Iran, all bets are off though.
Why would a war with Iran hurt Rudy?

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 12:39 AM
And, I could say 4 more years of Dubya...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0786868414.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
I say no to the last 5 years of Dubya.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 01:05 AM
You're dreaming. What the hell do social conservatives care about states rights? They're pushing a federal marriage amendment on an issue that should be left to the states, they generally favor the flag burning amendment, they're perfectly fine with spending federal tax dollars on federal social programs via faith based programs; they don't give a hell about states rights. Nobody in the conservative movement cares about states rights anymore. You're delusional.

I never said they care about them, but it can be overcome this way.

Well, I'm fine with a couple of sessions of Democratic rule and a Republican defeat at the ballot box. That's not going to make me very popular with most of my fellow Republicans but the party needs a good bloodletting.
I would be as well, normally, however we are at war. The last thing we need is the lefties spending more time and money trying to get Bush than getting terrorists, which all signs show would be what they want.

Why would a war with Iran hurt Rudy?

I think military involvement with Iran would probably skyrocket oil, which would wreak havoc on gas prices & inflation, leading us into a recession or worse. I believe that would have the unfortunate result of sweeping the GOP and moderate dims out of power and the appeasers like Kerry & Dean into office.

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 01:22 AM
I never said they care about them, but it can be overcome this way.

If they don't care then how is he suppose to overcome his other problems on an issue nobody cares about? :confused: :confused:

I would be as well, normally, however we are at war. The last thing we need is the lefties spending more time and money trying to get Bush than getting terrorists, which all signs show would be what they want.

Well, disagree with a couple of aspects of this, but that's for another thread.

I think military involvement with Iran would probably skyrocket oil, which would wreak havoc on gas prices & inflation, leading us into a recession or worse. I believe that would have the unfortunate result of sweeping the GOP and moderate dims out of power and the appeasers like Kerry & Dean into office.

That's called a reality check.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/17/2006, 01:59 AM

You've lost it, tiger. Nobody sane is fine with the total cukoos gaining control of the govt. What the country, and the Repub. party needs is some big changes made during Repub. primaries.

7/17/2006, 02:08 AM
BTW, it's RUDY BABY!!! He's gonna kick McCain's sorry behind all the way down the stairs.(if Rudy wants the job)

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 02:15 AM
You've lost it, tiger. Nobody sane is fine with the total cukoos gaining control of the govt. What the country, and the Repub. party needs is some big changes made during Repub. primaries.

Yep! That's worked so far!

7/17/2006, 02:27 AM
Yep! That's worked so far!What?

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 02:31 AM
What?

What the country, and the Repub. party needs is some big changes made during Repub. primaries.
^

7/17/2006, 02:39 AM
^Well, we've had dims run the govt. before, and they have ALL turned out, well, you know. So, you're wanting a third party, I guess, eh? Yeah, go Nader, or your fav. Pat Buchanan...(OMG) Sorry, SicEm, ain't gonna happen. It's RUDY BABY!

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 03:09 AM
Well, we've had dims run the govt. before, and they have ALL turned out, well, you know. So, you're wanting a third party, I guess, eh? Yeah, go Nader, or your fav. Pat Buchanan...(OMG) Sorry, SicEm, ain't gonna happen. It's RUDY BABY!

Rudy will, thankfully, not win the GOP nomination. I would vote Buchanan, but I think he's decided to give up on running for President. There are other options; the Constitution Party for example.

The closest thing to a legitimate conservative who is a potential Presidential candidate in '08 is Tancredo and he won't win the nomination either.

I fail to see why I should continue to support the Republican Party.

Okla-homey
7/17/2006, 05:09 AM

I disagree. I am a social conservative and he is acceptable to me. I don't care about his positions of abortion, guns, etc. b/c presidents don't make laws, congressmen do.

7/17/2006, 10:59 AM
I disagree. I am a social conservative and he is acceptable to me. I don't care about his positions of abortion, guns, etc. b/c presidents don't make laws, congressmen do.This is how most people will think come time for the election.They will see that Rudy is a proven leader, and that the dims are their usual selves, and so, IF RUDY RUNS-RUDY WINS!!!

GottaHavePride
7/17/2006, 11:34 AM

In the middle of all this, I just want to thank Tuba for spelling "wreak" correctly. It drives me crazy when actual freaking newspapers spell it "reek". Spek.

Mjcpr
7/17/2006, 11:37 AM
In the middle of all this, I just want to thank Tuba for spelling "wreak" correctly. It drives me crazy when actual freaking newspapers spell it "reek". Spek.

This post wreaks of grammar smack.

GottaHavePride
7/17/2006, 12:00 PM
Damn you to hell!

;)

TheHumanAlphabet
7/17/2006, 12:04 PM
LDS = cult trying to take over the country...

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 08:24 PM
I disagree. I am a social conservative and he is acceptable to me. I don't care about his positions of abortion, guns, etc. b/c presidents don't make laws, congressmen do.

So, am I to understand that he too will not use his veto power?

Okla-homey
7/18/2006, 05:22 AM
So, am I to understand that he too will not use his veto power?

I don't think it would come to that. I don't think Congress would be able to pass national laws significantly affecting abortion, immigration, God, gays or guns until one party has a super-majority in both houses. Perhaps the House, but I just don't see either party decisively pwning the Senate unless something changes.

oumartin
7/18/2006, 07:00 AM
maybe they can give you a full pardon SicEm.

Harry Beanbag
7/18/2006, 07:16 AM
What about Newt?

Okla-homey
7/18/2006, 08:07 AM
What about Newt?

he got better.

OklahomaTuba
7/19/2006, 08:44 AM

Hmmm, seems Rudy has increased his stock by a lot. Pair him with a social conservative from the midwest or south, and its money in the bank in 2008.

Only three candidates would be acceptable to a majority of Republicans -- Giuliani (73%), Rice (68%), and McCain (55%).

http://poll.gallup.com/content/?ci=23764

Scott D
7/19/2006, 10:39 AM
I'm impressed that Condi would rate that high with republicans.

soonerscuba
7/19/2006, 11:24 AM
I'm impressed that Condi would rate that high with republicans.

:pop: