PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the humor.....

boomersooner28
7/16/2006, 02:32 PM
I probably shouldn't post this. Some of you will take it far too seriously. This idiot is just trying to stir the pot and get blog hits...it is funny though.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/

**July 15, 2006
How they'll finish in the Big 12 South: 1. A&M 2. Oklahoma 3. Texas
Among Lee Corso's predictions for the upcoming college football season:

1. The Heisman Trophy will be a two-man race between Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn.

That's what you think. Jamaal Charles and Kevin Kolb will be heard from.

2. Texas will lose two games.

Actually three: Ohio State, Oklahoma and A&M.

To recap the Big 12 South:

1. A&M. Coach Fran is the man. He may even crawl out from under his desk this season to receive all the pats on the back.

2. Oklahoma. Back in front of the Longhorns, as usual. Coach Stoops is kind of cocky, isn't he?

3. Texas. No Vince. No fun.

4. Baylor. Motto: Better than Oklahoma State.

5. Oklahoma State. Uh, no.

6. Tech. I don't actually think Tech will finish sixth. I have no idea where it'll be. I do like stirring up the biggest inferiority complex in college sports.

(I probably shouldn't tell you this, but at the Chronicle there's competition among the bloggers to get the most hits. I don't like finishing second. I especially don't like finishing eighth. However, when there's a Big 12-related post, the numbers soar. Don't mess with Texas fans and their extreme sense of entitlement. Don't mess with the Aggies, period. They've got a mean streak. Don't mess with Tech fans, who believe the world has organized a gigantic conspiracy against them. The world actually has no interest in their school or their program, but don't tell them that. OU fans are the strange ones. Even when they beat Texas, they act as if they're chasing Texas. Baylor fan, you ask? Never met one. He only comes out every 40 years or so. How's that for a 25-center psychological profile? Someday, I'm going to soar right past Yahoo! on the strength of Big 12 fans. Thanks, guys. You're the best.) **

sooner518
7/16/2006, 02:47 PM
who the hell is Kevin Kolb?

This guy is an idiot

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/16/2006, 02:56 PM
Houston QB I think

boomersooner28
7/16/2006, 02:59 PM
Told you it was funny. :D

SoonerDood
7/16/2006, 03:27 PM
I wonder if it hurts to be that stupid.

soonermax
7/16/2006, 03:28 PM
Justice is a Whorn. He idolize Mack Brown on anything he does. You should hear him on the sports radio station in Houston.

Snrfn4ever08
7/16/2006, 03:37 PM
how are do we always act like we're chasing texas??? we own texas, and it stays that way unless they beat us again this year. i pick texas a&m to finish 5th. only osu will be worse. what an idiot

goingoneight
7/16/2006, 05:08 PM
I honestly think with Boone Pickens' impatience, Gundy is only another seven loss-season from gone. Boone was really lovin' it when they were in title contention under Miles, and they won't settle into the toilet bowl for long.

FRAN-chise will be as sure as gone. He can record a winning season, even a bowl win and his teams will always be too boring for (real) aggie fans.

It is likely to say Baylor could return to Bowl Glory, but third place in the South against the likes of OU, UT, T TECH??? A seven-win season at best is likely for them in 2006. They lost 62-0 against UT in 2005, and got more than their share of breaks against OU given injuries, inexperience and OU killing themseleves with penalties that night. Note: OU still beat them.

T TECH, I will bet they make another glorious year with Leach's sixth QB in six years (right?)... They never have a fallout in QB play, and Taurean Henderson was stat-wise-- like a fart in the wind. They will actually return a decent (not good, but decent) majority of their 2005 defensive starters. There are holes in Leach's coaching techniques that allow for losses like the 2005 Okie State game, therefore, I still believe they will have a great season (double-digit wins are great seasons in sand-aggieland)... the gameday preparation isn't there at TT like other schools. Last season, they slaughtered aTm but couldn't pull their heads out against UT. 10 win season, shocking loss to an unlikely opponent and revenge-minded OU.

It all again comes down to one game. The Red River Shootout. Tell me I sound like a bargain-buy pre-season magazine, don't care. OU and UT have conference schedules that set up perfectly for a Cotton Bowl win, and both win out in the South. New QB or not. OU was flat-out horrid last year, and still finished, what 2nd in the South??? What does that mean in UT lost to aTm in Collie Station or to the Stoolwater Brokebacks? It means a rebuilding OU team still probably beats Colorado for the B12 Title. We know things went differently, but year-in, year-out, the B12 title is the Red River Shootout Champion's game to lose...

fadada1
7/16/2006, 05:15 PM
OU fans are the strange ones. Even when they beat Texas, they act as if they're chasing Texas.
that is world-class humor there. i'm amazed as to how those words actually aligned themselves in that particular order.

Sco
7/16/2006, 05:45 PM
I like how he didn't even generalize an OSU fan...

Soonerman08
7/16/2006, 07:48 PM
I honestly think with Boone Pickens' impatience, Gundy is only another seven loss-season from gone. Boone was really lovin' it when they were in title contention under Miles, and they won't settle into the toilet bowl for long.

FRAN-chise will be as sure as gone. He can record a winning season, even a bowl win and his teams will always be too boring for (real) aggie fans.

It is likely to say Baylor could return to Bowl Glory, but third place in the South against the likes of OU, UT, T TECH??? A seven-win season at best is likely for them in 2006. They lost 62-0 against UT in 2005, and got more than their share of breaks against OU given injuries, inexperience and OU killing themseleves with penalties that night. Note: OU still beat them.

T TECH, I will bet they make another glorious year with Leach's sixth QB in six years (right?)... They never have a fallout in QB play, and Taurean Henderson was stat-wise-- like a fart in the wind. They will actually return a decent (not good, but decent) majority of their 2005 defensive starters. There are holes in Leach's coaching techniques that allow for losses like the 2005 Okie State game, therefore, I still believe they will have a great season (double-digit wins are great seasons in sand-aggieland)... the gameday preparation isn't there at TT like other schools. Last season, they slaughtered aTm but couldn't pull their heads out against UT. 10 win season, shocking loss to an unlikely opponent and revenge-minded OU.

It all again comes down to one game. The Red River Shootout. Tell me I sound like a bargain-buy pre-season magazine, don't care. OU and UT have conference schedules that set up perfectly for a Cotton Bowl win, and both win out in the South. New QB or not. OU was flat-out horrid last year, and still finished, what 2nd in the South??? What does that mean in UT lost to aTm in Collie Station or to the Stoolwater Brokebacks? It means a rebuilding OU team still probably beats Colorado for the B12 Title. We know things went differently, but year-in, year-out, the B12 title is the Red River Shootout Champion's game to lose...

OSU was in title contention??????? Since when....? The closest they ever got to a "title" was what they consider their bowl game by playing and beating us the two years they did.

TheGodfather889
7/16/2006, 07:50 PM
Richard Justice can't be serious can he?

SicEmBaylor
7/18/2006, 03:39 AM
If we had this year's offense with last year's defense then there's no doubt in my mind we'd have a 6-7 win season. But with so many defensive starters gone it's kind of iffy. I want to see how our defense does.

I'm going to freaking miss Willie Andrews. OU will not. ;) He signed a contract with the NFL by the way. I forget who with but I think it was the Panthers.