PDA

View Full Version : I don't know when it happened

Rogue
7/16/2006, 02:09 PM
but I've been watching alot of NASCAR lately.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/16/2006, 02:25 PM
They make medicine for such things...

Get help now

tulsaoilerfan
7/16/2006, 03:41 PM
but I've been watching alot of NASCAR lately.
I still can't figure out the public's fascination with watching this on TV; i could see going in person because of all the partying, but not sitting down and watching on TV for 4 hours

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/16/2006, 03:51 PM
Umm I don't know, It's kind of nice to watch competitors actually seem to care. You have all of these professional basketball, football, and baseball players and they seem like they could care less. These guys have passion and they get upset and excited and it is semi-refreshing to see million dollar "athletes(Don't start posting the usual arguments, I am just lumping them with other million sporting events)" actually caring as much as they do. I like certain races a whole lot. I love the restrictor plates because there is just something awesome about 40 cars running 200 MPH 2 inches apart, 3 wide for 200 laps. Also it is fun to watch places like Bristol where everyone is wrecking each other and getting ****ed!

Sooner95
7/17/2006, 09:12 PM
Agree, listen, 4 yrs ago I would not have been caught dead watching this sport. I deemed it boring. But I got into a Fantasy League for it, and now my whole family is hooked on it. Hell even my 6yr old and 9 yr old play the Fantasy League and are huge fans.

Granted some of the 1.5mile cookie-cutter tracks can be a bit boring, tracks like darlington, bristol, talladega, daytona and the road course certainly make up for it.

GrapevineSooner
7/18/2006, 12:30 PM
I still can't figure out the public's fascination with watching this on TV; i could see going in person because of all the partying, but not sitting down and watching on TV for 4 hours

It's a lot easier to follow if you like/hate a particular driver. Though I'll admit that I'll sometimes skip out on the first two hours of the race and watch the last 50 laps or so.

Also it is fun to watch places like Bristol where everyone is wrecking each other and getting ****ed!

New Hampshire is starting to get that way as well.

Rogue
7/23/2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah, the whole "pick a driver" thing started out as arbitrary until I started betting each week with a couple of guys. We picked drivers for the entire season. If either of the other 2 drivers beats mine, I pay $5 ($10 if they win the race). Makes it pretty interesting and it's easy to dislike arrogant pricks like Kurt Busch.

GrapevineSooner
7/23/2006, 04:02 PM
Makes it pretty interesting and it's easy to dislike arrogant pricks like Kurt Busch.
Or Tony Stewart. Who probably needs to schedule a new visit to his therapist.

I was happy to see Carl Edwards spin his *** out on pit row. About time somebody gave it back to him.

soonercody
7/24/2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah, TS had it comin' from Carl. I enjoy TS though, he's an *** that keeps tryin' to get nice but just can't quite get there.

soonercody
7/30/2006, 07:29 PM
Talladega Nights, The Ballad of Ricky Bobby