PDA

View Full Version : Delay Still On Ballot in Texas' 22nd District!

Rogue
7/16/2006, 01:20 PM
I haven't seen this posted, but it's interesting to me. :texan: :confused:Hook 'em

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printstory.mpl/front/4028453

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5551830

Rogue's Condensed Version:

A federal judge ruled today that Republicans cannot replace former U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay on the ballot for the 22nd Congressional District race....DeLay could "withdraw'' from the race under Texas election law, but that still would not allow the Republicans to replace him on the ballot....Speaking to a crowd of supporters in Sugar Land last Friday, DeLay said that if the GOP appeal fails and he is "forced to be on the ballot, well, they may get exactly what they want." ...DeLay became a focus of national news reports in the wake of the Jack Abramoff influence peddling scandal. DeLay has maintained his innocence, but two of his former aides have pleaded guilty to federal charges.

The NPR link tells about how this was handled differently in New Jersey a few years back.

GottaHavePride
7/16/2006, 01:59 PM
You'd think the voters would just solve the problem by not voting for a slimy piece of ****.

Sooner24
7/16/2006, 09:40 PM
You'd think the voters would just solve the problem by not voting for a slimy piece of ****.

That never works. It didn't seem to stop them from voting for Clinton. :D

SicEmBaylor
7/16/2006, 09:41 PM
Spek.
I'm pleased to see him remain on teh ballot only to the extent and with the assumption that he loses.

SicEmBaylor
7/16/2006, 09:42 PM
That never works. It didn't seem to stop them from voting for Bush. :D

Fixed. ;)

Sooner24
7/16/2006, 09:48 PM
Bush might not be bright but he isn't slimy. Clinton oooooooozzzzzeeeesssssss slim.

Sooner24
7/16/2006, 09:48 PM
And the HP police aren't after Bush either. ;)

SicEmBaylor
7/16/2006, 09:49 PM
Bush might not be bright but he isn't slimy. Clinton oooooooozzzzzeeeesssssss slim.

Eh, I suppose you're right. Though I would contend that his operation in general is often slimey enough.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/17/2006, 01:49 AM
Heh, LOOK OUT dims(and SicEm) He's gonna gitcha again in Nov.

GottaHavePride
7/17/2006, 12:12 PM
I still fail to understand how even Republicans can continue to support Delay. I don't care what your political ideology is, the dude is a sleazebag and borderline criminal.

7/17/2006, 12:34 PM
I still fail to understand how even Republicans can continue to support Delay. I don't care what your political ideology is, the dude is a sleazebag and borderline criminal.Dim head-thumper=sleazebag borderline criminal.

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 12:42 PM
Bill only sees in black & white GHP. It's best if you leave this thread now while you still can.

7/17/2006, 12:58 PM
Bill only sees in black & white GHP. It's best if you leave this thread now while you still can.Yes, the Bonnie Ronnie Earl indictment is rather grey and hazy. DeLay is guilty of something or otherbecause the dims say so. You go, Johnny!

NormanPride
7/17/2006, 01:05 PM
………………..,-~*'`¯lllllll`*~,
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
…….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,………

1stTimeCaller
7/17/2006, 01:10 PM
didn't Ashcroft get beat by a dead guy?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/17/2006, 01:12 PM

Just the opposite, DeLay would get a sympathy vote. He'll get mine...

I was going to vote against him, but with all the crap the dems have been shooting off on this, I will vote against Lampson and the dems...

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 01:13 PM
didn't Ashcroft get beat by a dead guy?

No, you beat off a dead guy. And I'm still pis*ed you called and had me bail you out of jail for that.

7/17/2006, 01:14 PM
didn't Ashcroft get beat by a dead guy?Excellent point. I guess the judge for DeLay's district thinks DeLay can't win back his old district, eh? Hmm...I think the judge will wait until he thinks the Repubs can't field a viable candidate, leaving DeLay on the ballot. Then, judge will say the Repubs can scrap DeLay and put on a new candidate, with only a few days left before the election.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 01:17 PM
Excellent point. I guess the judge for DeLay's district thinks DeLay can't win back his old district, eh?

I guess the dims really wanted him on the ballot bad, in order to sue to keep him on the ticket. :D

1stTimeCaller
7/17/2006, 01:20 PM
No, you beat off a dead guy. And I'm still pis*ed you called and had me bail you out of jail for that.

you know when I told you that I had washed my hands, I really hadn't before I hugged you for bailing me out!

GOTCHA!!!!

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 01:24 PM
you know when I told you that I had washed my hands, I really hadn't before I hugged you for bailing me out!

GOTCHA!!!!

http://www.wackypackages.org/realproductsscans/lova.jpg

slickdawg
7/17/2006, 01:25 PM

Amen.

7/17/2006, 01:28 PM
Amen.Probably good you're moving to Dallas instead of Sugarland.