PDA

View Full Version : Lindros to sign one-year deal with Dallas Stars

colleyvillesooner
7/16/2006, 09:06 AM
Eric Lindros is expected to agree to a one-year deal with the Dallas Stars as early as Sunday, according to multiple media reports.

Lindros, 33, an unrestricted free agent, is coming off two injury-shortened seasons in Toronto in which he played 39 and 33 games, respectively. He had 11 goals and 11 assists for Toronto in 2005-06 before wrist surgery ended his season.

The Stars, Maple Leafs and Edmonton Oilers have been among teams courting Lindros this offseason. In 11 NHL seasons he has 367 goals, 472 assists and 1328 penalty minutes in 711 games.

"If we were to get him, I think he would add an interesting element to our team," Stars coach Dave Tippett told the Dallas Morning News on Friday. "He's a big, strong player who is defensively responsible, and he can also play the right wing if you need him to. I just think he's ready for a big season."

So, hockey ******s, Is this a good thing for Dallas? Only thing I know about the guy is he get's hurt alot. If he has an injury free season, what can we really expect from him?

Scott D
7/16/2006, 12:26 PM
he has the ability to put up points, however the next concussion he gets would be career ending. My question is are the Stars signing him to replace Arnott or Guerin.

JohnnyMack
7/16/2006, 01:40 PM
I predict he's out of the lineup by Thanksgiving.

mrowl
7/16/2006, 02:09 PM
I predict he's out of the lineup by the end of camp.

fixed.

stupid, stupid, stupid. This would mean that not much is expected by management this season. F'ers. :mad:

tulsaoilerfan
7/16/2006, 03:38 PM
Lindros averages over 1 point per game in his career, but he's only played more than 70 games 4 times in 12 seasons in the league; ability wise, he's better than Arnott IMO, but a much bigger health risk.

John

HoserSooner
7/17/2006, 11:39 AM
If what I'm hearing is correct, the are going to sign him at $1.5 for one year, with another $1 million in bonuses.

That's a bit of a stretch IMO, especially considering he hasn't played a full season in a very long time, and has missed over half the season for the past two years.

But if he stays healthy for 3/4 of the season, he's a bargain at that price.

GrapevineSooner
7/17/2006, 02:06 PM
But if he stays healthy for 3/4 of the season, he's a bargain at that price.

Key phrase being 'if'.

mrowl
7/17/2006, 02:37 PM
before I make my final decision, is he a good locker room guy? the anti-modano? the anti-guerin?

Scott D
7/17/2006, 02:40 PM
depends, is his old man still his agent?

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 03:18 PM
depends, is his old man still his agent?

Why do you hate the Quebec Nordiques?

Scott D
7/17/2006, 03:19 PM
Why do you hate the Quebec Nordiques?

his old man tried twice to hardline the Flyers, was the impetus behind his trade to the Rangers, and was the driving force in getting the Leafs to sign him.

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 03:23 PM
his old man tried twice to hardline the Flyers, was the impetus behind his trade to the Rangers, and was the driving force in getting the Leafs to sign him.

:mad:

I WAS BEING FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

HoserSooner
7/17/2006, 09:16 PM
His dad is still calling the shots, which in the past has made for some bad feelings in the front office. He could be a good pickup....I'm certainly glad we won't have to against him this year.

What you do get though, is a personality off the ice with the charity work that he does. I have a buddy that works for Nike in Toronto, and says Lindros is one of biggest supporters of children's charities and work in the community, and he wants to be there, as opposed to him just showing up because it's the right thing to do.

Dio
7/18/2006, 10:56 AM
I guess we needed somebody to fill the "Permanent Injured Reserve" roster slot?

Scott D
7/18/2006, 11:16 AM
even if he only plays half the season, he's bound to give you more production than Guerin did last season. ;)