PDA

View Full Version : Open thread in new window

Penguin
7/15/2006, 07:10 PM
Is it possible to make a setting where clicking on a thread will make it open in a new window?

When I find a thread I like, I always right click and have it open in a new window. If I kept it in the same window, I would have to hit "back one page" and the damn thing refreshes and takes more time.

It would be spectacular if one left click would have the thread open in a new window. Of course, I realize that holding down the shift button whilst left-clicking will do the same, but I'm usually surfing one-handed.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/15/2006, 07:13 PM
What is it whine day on the Soonerfans.com...people not being able to surf properly...not knowing how to delete threads...neg-spek ruffians.....;)

Mjcpr
7/16/2006, 03:55 PM
I realize that holding down the shift button whilst left-clicking will do the same, but I'm usually surfing one-handed.

TMI :D

If you right click the thread title, there should be option to open in a new tab or open in a new window.....if you're using Firefox. Pretty sure you can do that in IE as well (open in a new window).

hurricane'bone
7/16/2006, 11:35 PM
I know this doesn't help you..but with my laptop if I press both the left and right mouse buttons at the same time...it'll open a site in a new tab.

Penguin
11/2/2006, 12:20 AM
I know this doesn't help you..but with my laptop if I press both the left and right mouse buttons at the same time...it'll open a site in a new tab.

That doesn't help, hoser.

OCUDad
11/18/2006, 01:17 AM
So stop surfing with one hand. You must choose between pleasure and pain.

Penguin
1/4/2007, 11:12 AM
So stop surfing with one hand. You must choose between pleasure and pain.

NEVER!!!!!

GottaHavePride
1/4/2007, 12:43 PM
Actually, I think you can set firefox to default to opening links in a new tab.

On second thought, maybe not. But the right-click works.