PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa restaurant review: White River Fish Market

Okla-homey
7/15/2006, 06:47 AM
Why, oh why have we not been to this place sooner? Jee-mah-net-ly it was good! Sure, it kinda dumpy looking in a seedy old strip shopping center and its way up on north Sheridan -- but the seafood was as good as we have ever eaten and we've eaten seafood an awful lot of places.

I had fried oysters. Mrs Homey had catfish. They have just about anything you might want (except sushi) and prepare it to order grilled, broiled or fried. They also have a fresh seafood market (as the name implies) right there. We left the joint most happy. Check it out soon if you like good seafood.

http://www.whiteriverfishmarket.com/

GDC
7/15/2006, 08:31 AM
Will check it out, thanks.

JohnnyMack
7/15/2006, 09:19 AM
I been goin' there for prolly 20 years or so. Haven't been in a while but it seemingly always RMFO.

SoonerProphet
7/15/2006, 09:49 AM
We were visiting some friends a few weeks back and purchased some crab for a boil. It was as fresh and tastey as the crabs we got in Maryland. We also checked out the new planet-arium down the road towards Mohawk Park.

StoopTroup
7/15/2006, 10:02 AM
Why, oh why have we not been to this place sooner? Jee-mah-net-ly it was good! Sure, it kinda dumpy looking in a seedy old strip shopping center and its way up on north Sheridan -- but the seafood was as good as we have ever eaten and we've eaten seafood an awful lot of places.

I had fried oysters. Mrs Homey had catfish. They have just about anything you might want (except sushi) and prepare it to order grilled, broiled or fried. They also have a fresh seafood market (as the name implies) right there. We left the joint most happy. Check it out soon if you like good seafood.

http://www.whiteriverfishmarket.com/
Wow...

I'd have thought you knew about that place...

The Blackened Gulf Shrimp were awesome before Katrina...I wonder if they still have it on the menu after the hurricane upset the gulf?

StoopTroup
7/15/2006, 10:04 AM
We were visiting some friends a few weeks back and purchased some crab for a boil. It was as fresh and tastey as the crabs we got in Maryland. We also checked out the new planet-arium down the road towards Mohawk Park.
Are you talking about the Tulsa Air and Space Museum on 46th Street North at the General Aviation entrance?

yermom
7/15/2006, 10:26 AM
how long has that been there? (the museum)

i think there have been other threads about this fish market, there is no telling how many times i have probably driven by it, never thought about going there

StoopTroup
7/15/2006, 10:30 AM
At least a year.

I think it's $5.00 to get in.

SoonerProphet
7/15/2006, 10:59 AM
Are you talking about the Tulsa Air and Space Museum on 46th Street North at the General Aviation entrance?

Yep. We didn't check the museum, although I wanted to and was over ruled, we checked out the planet-arium and the zoo.

soonerjoker
7/15/2006, 11:02 AM
we went to both, tuesday. Very enjoyable.

StoopTroup
7/15/2006, 06:40 PM
Went to the Planetarium and saw "Oasis in Space". The beginning of it has a small presentation on the Stars in the sky. They show you where Jupiter and Mars are and a few constellations then they show you the movie. Very nice reclined seating and it was very cool inside while scorching heat outside baked down.

The Museum was not a huge display of stuff but when you go upstairs to check out the kiddie area...you'll get a good view of all the planes that are suspended from the ceiling. Take your time and read the captions on the photos. There are alot of interesting facts about Tulsa's Aviation History. It was very cool to see they saved the Art Deco front of the Old Tulsa Airport's Terminal.

There's an old Willys Jeep/Fire brigade vehicle that should bring back memories for any WWII Veteran. There are also quite a few different powerplants ranging from antique to a huge CF-6 jet engine.

It's worth a look especially on a hot day if your looking for something to do that's not in a pool. :D

achiro
7/17/2006, 08:14 AM
Thanks for posting this. We stopped here on the way back into Tulsa from Oologah on Sat. It was good.