PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Online...So far, so good.

Okla-homey
7/15/2006, 06:35 AM
About a month ago, I succumbed to the marketing efforts of Blockbuster. They have a sort of Netflix-type dealio now. I'm quite pleased so far. Movies arrive promptly, packaging is convenient, and no more trips to the brick and mortar store or late movies.

This would be a particularly good thing if you lived somewhere out in the boonies.

Sooner_Bob
7/15/2006, 09:31 AM
I used to have a BB online account . . . it was pretty decent. The best thing was the two free instore rentals that I usually used on PS2 games and pretty much paid for the membership itself.

I'm not sure why I cancelled that . . .

Hatfield
7/15/2006, 10:36 AM
I used to have a BB online account . . . it was pretty decent. The best thing was the two free instore rentals that I usually used on PS2 games and pretty much paid for the membership itself.

I'm not sure why I cancelled that . . .

i have been with bb online since its inception and use my free store coupons for ps2 games and it does in fact pay for itself.

no real problems and if there are problems then you can rant and they give you more free coupons.

whatsername
7/15/2006, 11:28 AM
I asked the BB guy about using the store coupons for games and he said no... movies only. That's the only reason I went with Netflix.

:mad:

Vaevictis
7/15/2006, 11:36 AM
I went with Netflix because Blockbuster ****ed me off one too many times.

(Rented Radio {I kid you not} first day it was out, and it wouldn't work on my DVD player. Went back next day, they swapped it out, thinking it was just that particular DVD. Turns out it was my old DVD player not liking all Radio DVDs. Return it next day, "Would you like to pay the late fee?" No I would not like to pay the late fee on a product that never worked, you should have extended the rental the first time I returned the bugger. What I would like to do is shove that DVD up your... well, anyway. Signed up for Netflix as soon as I got home.)

Netflix is good, but they do penalize you on turnaround for popular DVDs if you rent a lot of movies.

whatsername
7/15/2006, 11:55 AM
I shouldn't say "the only reason I went with Netflix".

I had Netflix in the past and I didn't like how it would take 6 days for my movies to get there, and only one for them to get back to me. Then I saw that they opened a new center in OKC, so I thought they'd be faster... and they are, a little.

Last I had heard, Blockbuster doesn't have as many centers so I was afraid that they'd be even slower than Netflix (even though NF likes to penalize people.)

So, I went back with Netflix. But if I can use the in store rentals for games at BB, it will definitely be worth waiting an extra day or two for the movies.

Vaevictis
7/15/2006, 11:59 AM
Wierd on the slow Netflix turn around. I usually get 2 day turn around on mine -- put it in the mail, get next movie two days later.

Business days, mind you.

whatsername
7/15/2006, 12:07 PM
Don't laugh... but at one time I suspected that my mail carrier was watching my movies before sending them back. So, I tried mailing them out from several different locations. He was innocent. :)

Okla-homey
7/15/2006, 02:02 PM
I shouldn't say "the only reason I went with Netflix".

Last I had heard, Blockbuster doesn't have as many centers so I was afraid that they'd be even slower than Netflix (even though NF likes to penalize people.)

FWIW, my BB movies are processed in/out of Dallas. Two days has been the norm for me.

Sooner_Bob
7/15/2006, 09:53 PM
I asked the BB guy about using the store coupons for games and he said no... movies only. That's the only reason I went with Netflix.

:mad:

Really?

I never had a problem using them for games. I'm using Netflix now, but I might switch back to BB just to try out some of the new games.

whatsername
7/15/2006, 11:47 PM
Really?

I never had a problem using them for games. I'm using Netflix now, but I might switch back to BB just to try out some of the new games.
That's what the kid told me at BB. For all I know, he's just a punk kid that doesn't know any better.

:)

SicEmBaylor
7/15/2006, 11:48 PM
I'm banned from every video chain on earth, so I'm stuck with Netflix.

whatsername
7/17/2006, 07:01 AM

Should I even ask?

:)

SoonerBorn68
7/17/2006, 07:14 AM

No one likes a thief. ;)

BajaOklahoma
7/17/2006, 07:32 AM
SicEM, was it you that tried to rob the store where my son works?
Is your neck still sore?

BajaOklahoma
7/17/2006, 07:33 AM
FWIW, my BB movies are processed in/out of Dallas. Two days has been the norm for me.

Corporate HQ and a huge processing center are down here.

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2006, 08:27 PM
SicEM, was it you that tried to rob the store where my son works?
Is your neck still sore?

Hah, no no..I've never stolen anything. I just have a bad habit of renting videos and not returning them for a long...long....long time. Also, I don't freaking rewind.

(By the time DVDs came out it was too late for me..)