PDA

View Full Version : Need stock selling advice

Widescreen
7/14/2006, 03:22 PM
I found 20 shares of stock I forgot I had. I don't have a brokerage account. How can I dump these shares for some quick cash? I don't want to deposit $2000 in some brokerage account just so I can make this miniscule trade.

GDC
7/14/2006, 03:27 PM
peem c_p

Tear Down This Wall
7/14/2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.realestatedecline.com/MadMoney%20Jim%20Cramer.jpg

Watch MSNBC when this guy's on - Mad Money with Jim Cramer

Buy, buy, buy! Sell, sell, sell!

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 03:32 PM
How can I dump these shares for some quick cash?

www.ebay.com

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 03:47 PM
I found 20 shares of stock I forgot I had. I don't have a brokerage account. How can I dump these shares for some quick cash? I don't want to deposit $2000 in some brokerage account just so I can make this miniscule trade.

You are correct. Opening a brokerage account is a huge hassle and you'll have to pay a ton of taxes if you do.

I'll give you $175.

GottaHavePride
7/14/2006, 04:05 PM
http://www.realestatedecline.com/MadMoney%20Jim%20Cramer.jpg

Watch MSNBC when this guy's on - Mad Money with Jim Cramer

Buy, buy, buy! Sell, sell, sell!

I hate that guy. He probably knows what he's talking about, but I don't care to watch someone screaming and getting worked up about the freaking stock market like it's the Superbowl or something.

Widescreen
7/14/2006, 04:10 PM
peem c_p
Why? What could Phil possibly know about anything? :eddie:

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 04:12 PM
After some consideration, I'll give you tree fiddy.

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 04:16 PM

a public company has a Registrant. You can mail them the certificates and they'll send you a check. little to zero fees

and I'm in at figh hunny

Tear Down This Wall
7/14/2006, 04:32 PM
I hate that guy. He probably knows what he's talking about, but I don't care to watch someone screaming and getting worked up about the freaking stock market like it's the Superbowl or something.

I can't watch it everyday. But, when I'm bored and want cheap laughs, I go to it. Kind of like calling in middle inning relief in the fifth of sixth inning if the starter is fading.

Widescreen
7/14/2006, 06:09 PM
a public company has a Registrant. You can mail them the certificates and they'll send you a check. little to zero fees

and I'm in at figh hunny
Cool. Looking at the stock certificate, Harris Trust and Savings Bank is listed as the "Transfer Agent and Registrar". I guess I'll contact them. Thanks.

OUinFLA
7/14/2006, 08:07 PM
See if the HMFIC will take it as payment for the next year's sponsorship fee.
Perhaps you will get the Cancun' Vacation Sponsorship gift.

Widescreen
7/14/2006, 09:20 PM
Not a bad idea.

Hey Phil... You in for 20 shares of Fitnessmadesimple.com stock?

http://www.fitnessmadesimple.com/gallery.php