PDA

View Full Version : Kids and Wal-Mart

achiro
7/14/2006, 10:10 AM
From the gameboy thread:

He HATES going "shopping". He hates Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and especially Sam's.

I went on a field trip with him last October. We were driving past a Wal-Mart and the boy looks out the window and says, "Hey guys, do you see the Wal-Mart? My dad hates that place!" All of the kids were laughing.

My son likes wal-mart(probably because my wife buy's him something about every freaking time she takes him in there) but thats not the point of this thread.
A couple of weeks ago I took my son in to Wal-mart in the evening after dark. My 6 year old son says, "Dad, dads are like vampires aren't they?" I said, "what are you talking about?"
He goes on and says, "well, when I come here during the day with mommy, we never see any dads, but now there are dads all over the place and its dark so dad's must be like vampires"

heh

SOONERKAT
7/14/2006, 10:57 AM
I had to make a quick trip up to Wal-Mart a few days ago at about 11:30 at night (diapers, you know how that is). This was honestly the first time I had been in one that late. It was a rather sureal experience. I like to think I live in a nicer area of town, but there are some unsavory characters that roam the isles of Wal-Mart at night my friends. Not just the shoppers, but the folks that work the later shifts. That was easily the quickest trip to Wal-Mart I have ever had.

LoyalFan
7/14/2006, 01:33 PM
When I check out at any WalMart in San Antonio, I've gotta press the register lady's left nipple for English.
I effing hate damn near everyone, I guess. Wish I didn't.

LF

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/14/2006, 03:09 PM
When I check out at any WalMart in San Antonio, I've gotta press the register lady's left nipple for English.
I effing hate damn near everyone, I guess. Wish I didn't.

LFYou need to stop going to the Walmarts in SA. For GOOD Walmarts, go to the ones in Spokane, WA.

SoonerInKCMO
7/14/2006, 03:14 PM
GOOD Walmarts

Oxymoron.

I_SMELL_FEAR
7/14/2006, 03:24 PM
I went to the Wal-Mart in Ardmore a few weeks ago, first time I had been there in YEARS...not a pleasant experience.

Is there really a good time to go? We went 2 years ago before Christmas at 2:30 in the morning, while it was snowing with 2-3 inches already on the ground...place was empty, I thought it would be paradise until I figured out you couldnt get down any aisle because they had skids jammed down every damn aisle stocking shelves. the only thing that made it better than a bunch of people was it was quieter and smelled better.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/14/2006, 03:28 PM
Oxymoron.I concede your point. They ARE ALL GOOD, aren't they.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/14/2006, 08:07 PM
Unless there's an extreme emergency, I try to avoid Wal-Mart during the daytime hours. I usually go somewhere in the neighborhood between 1 and 2 in the morning. The parking is better, it's much quieter, noisy kids (and the mostly derelict parents) are rarely spotted and sometimes the background music is drowned out by the sound of people buffing the floor, but I can't think of a better time to frequent the SuperCenter.

Harry Beanbag
7/14/2006, 08:18 PM
Unless there's an extreme emergency, I try to avoid Wal-Mart at all times.

Yeah, me too.

MamaMia
7/14/2006, 08:22 PM
Your son sounds adorable. :D

LoyalFan
7/15/2006, 01:44 AM
Oxymoron.

Right you are, mate!

FR

BajaOklahoma
7/15/2006, 01:55 AM
I've been there twice in the last ten years. I needed some cheap, unbreakable dishes for the college kids. I couldn't find them any place else, believe me I tried.
I know that the same dirt and trash were there both times.