PDA

View Full Version : Golf

picasso
7/14/2006, 09:40 AM
It's a very cruel game my friends.
Thus far this season my short game has been in the crapper, not getting it close enough and zero confidence in the putter. This is a far cry from my norm, usually the strennnth of my game.
Now, I'm getting off the tee in record fashion, which is a far cry from the norm also.
So there you go, all parts never seem to work the same. Could be fun if it ever does.
oh and we played Lew Wentz yesterday, I brought out 3 curse words that had been in the vault for many a year. Of course it didn't help playing behind the slowest 4-some in the state.

also, I threw a 2 iron about 120 yards (not bad) but it reminded me of why I do not do this anymore. I didn't realize it wasn't in my bag until 7 holes later.:mad:

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 09:42 AM
Is this another thread where a really good golfer complains about shooting 76, while us peons would kill to break 85?

;)

picasso
7/14/2006, 09:45 AM
I shot 81. It was painful though. 3 doubles. Many a missed putt.
I have a prideful short game, love to make saves getting up and down. none of that seems to be happening.
also, the hardest part about currently hitting my driver well is the fact that I'm in prime scoring position and still can't ummm score.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 09:47 AM
Where do you live?

I ask, because I'm going to kill you.

:D

picasso
7/14/2006, 09:51 AM
Where do you live?

I ask, because I'm going to kill you.

:D
hey, I've lost A player status in my group. I was soundly beaten by 3 buddies yesterday.

It was a bad start when I missed a 6 foot birdie putt.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 09:54 AM
It was a bad start when I missed a 6 foot birdie putt.

OR as most of us know, a great start. :D

I think 'almost a Biride' should be an official score.

Stanley1
7/14/2006, 09:58 AM
OR as most of us know, a great start. :D

I think 'almost a Biride' should be an official score.

Word.

I'd be looking at that hole as a "tap in par", not a missed birdie. :D

Stanley1
7/14/2006, 09:58 AM
Thus far this season my short game has been in the crapper, not getting it close enough and zero confidence in the putter. This is a far cry from my norm, usually the strennnth of my game.
Now, I'm getting off the tee in record fashion, which is a far cry from the norm also.
So there you go, all parts never seem to work the same. Could be fun if it ever does.
oh and we played Lew Wentz yesterday, I brought out 3 curse words that had been in the vault for many a year. Of course it didn't help playing behind the slowest 4-some in the state.

also, I threw a 2 iron about 120 yards (not bad) but it reminded me of why I do not do this anymore. I didn't realize it wasn't in my bag until 7 holes later.:mad:

Its cause you hate Phil Mickelson. The golfing gods are punishing you.

achiro
7/14/2006, 10:20 AM
Is this another thread where a really good golfer complains about shooting 76, while us peons would kill to break 95 with mulligans?

;)

Fixed it for ya

OU4LIFE
7/14/2006, 10:25 AM

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/town/NelsonHaha.gif

HAHA

picasso
7/14/2006, 10:39 AM
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/town/NelsonHaha.gif

HAHA
you're just a lotta talk and a floppy hat.

oh, and how has the defense of your club title gone?

Boffingham
7/14/2006, 10:51 AM
The best way to fix your golf game: Threaten your golf clubs...

Last Sunday, I went to Pro Golf to get my wife some clubs and I was about 2 seconds (and $500) from getting a new driver (Callaway has a deal-buy a driver and get a free heaven wood) and a new Clevelend 58 deg. wedge to replace my 60 deg.

Anyway, I went to the local track and hit 11/14 fairways (~280 yd average) and chipped in 2 shots, not to mention leaving all my other chips within a foot from the hole. The reason I had so many chips is that I was 3/18 on the greens.

Next time, I'll threaten my irons, but then my drives and chips will suck again.

picasso
7/14/2006, 10:53 AM
hmmm, I need to have a talk with my putter. maybe I'll let him sleep outside for a few nights.

Newbomb Turk
7/14/2006, 10:56 AM
Next time, I'll threaten my irons, but then my drives and chips will suck again.

like pic wrote - it's rare to have all parts of the game working at the same time.

golf is an evil but addictive game.

Newbomb Turk
7/14/2006, 10:57 AM
hmmm, I need to have a talk with my putter. maybe I'll let him sleep outside for a few nights.

no - you need to consider buying a new putter.

OU4LIFE
7/14/2006, 11:05 AM
you're just a lotta talk and a floppy hat.

oh, and how has the defense of your club title gone?

So far so good.

I play today at 2:30 round 2 of the club match play, championship flight.

If I can win this one and 2 more, i'm back in the city championship for the 3rd year in a row.

I plan to hack it up exquisitely today, oh yes...hair will fly, books will be wirtten.

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 11:06 AM
like pic wrote - it's rare to have all parts of the game working at the same time.
Hackers like me suffer this from shot to shot rather than round to round. If I happen to hit a really good drive down the middle of the fairway, I tend to duff the approach. If I shank my drive, my recovery shot is decent only to get sabotaged by the chip or to miss a short putt.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 11:07 AM
I have always described my game as "Constantly recovering from the previous shot."

Stanley1
7/14/2006, 11:08 AM
Hackers like me suffer this from shot to shot rather than round to round. If I happen to hit a really good drive down the middle of the fairway, I tend to duff the approach. If I shank I drive, my recovery shot is decent only to get sabotaged by the chip or to miss a short putt.

Dude.....we have the same golf game. I'm telling you, if we ever went head to head, it could be a battle for the ages. :)

Speaking of golf though, I may have just been talked into playing at 1:45 out at Grapevine today. Also playing Sunday morning out in Rowlette somewhere. Hopefully I won't suck.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 11:09 AM
Dude.....we have the same golf game. I'm telling you, if we ever went head to head, it could be a battle for the ages. :)

Speaking of golf though, I may have just been talked into playing at 1:45 out at Grapevine today. Also playing Sunday morning out in Rowlette somewhere. Hopefully I won't suck.

Have fun. Try and play the newest nine, Bluebonnet. It's fun.

Stanley1
7/14/2006, 11:10 AM
Have fun. Try and play the newest nine, Bluebonnet. It's fun.

Cool. Course is fairly open, right? Only played out there once, and its been 3 years or so.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 11:24 AM
Cool. Course is fairly open, right? Only played out there once, and its been 3 years or so.

Yeah, not too bad. It's noisy cause of the airport, and hot as Ballz.

1stTimeCaller
7/14/2006, 11:34 AM
I've got my big 4 man scramble for the HS Cheerleaders tomorrow.

Giddy.
As.
A.
Schoolgirl.

IB4OU2
7/14/2006, 11:42 AM
I've got a 22 handicap now so I'm not qualified to post in this thread.....

mrowl
7/27/2006, 04:13 PM
Played Lantana today in a scramble.

There is something about that course which is odd... maybe its the 16 sand bunkers I counted on one hole? Or the layout? Not a fan of it...

walkoffsooner
7/27/2006, 06:23 PM
My entire game comes together once or twice per. year. But im not on the course when this happens.

Jimminy Crimson
7/27/2006, 06:24 PM
GolfUSA tent sale starts in 30 minutes.

:texan:

DeadSolidPerfect
7/27/2006, 06:32 PM
I can't make a putt to save my life. I haven't hit the driver this straight in 10 years and I can't make a 10 foot putt. Aaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!! Still have a 6 handicap.

picasso
7/27/2006, 08:37 PM
I can't make a putt to save my life. I haven't hit the driver this straight in 10 years and I can't make a 10 foot putt. Aaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!! Still have a 6 handicap.
same here. Lakeside in Stillwater today. 8 bogies, no birdies. many a 3 putt. hit 7 iron into a par 5 in two, 3 jack.
it's funny, I'm hitting my driver better than ever but I can't get the ball close enough to score.

SoonerObsession
7/27/2006, 09:13 PM
Put another putter in your bag. Don't use it, just let the putter you use know that you mean bizznass. ;) Seriously, putting is my downfall also. I only putt well when other areas of my game are weak. It's a dreadful cycle that I have all but given up on. I bet I missed 2 fairways with my driver the last 18 I played and still managed two double bogies because of my struggles with the flat stick. Half the time it's not because of my putting stroke. It's mostly due to not reading the putt accurately. Have you ever putted thinking it would break to the right and it goes to the left? Maybe I'm the only tard that does that?

walkoffsooner
7/28/2006, 01:38 AM
No it happens thats why the pros play practice rounds and keep a book.

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 08:18 AM
Anyone catch Corey Pavin's 26 yesterday on the front nine at the US Bank Championship? 26 isn't bad. Birdied every hole but one on the front!

He wound up shooting a 61 which means he shot -1 on the back.

OU4LIFE
7/28/2006, 08:21 AM
He shot 1 under on the back.

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 08:22 AM
He shot 1 under on the back.

Duh.

picasso
7/28/2006, 08:50 AM
Anyone catch Corey Pavin's 26 yesterday on the front nine at the US Bank Championship? 26 isn't bad. Birdied every hole but one on the front!

He wound up shooting a 61 which means he shot -1 on the back.
he was bulldog back in the day. especially in the Ryder Cup.

my putter is normally pretty solid. it saddens me.:)

oh and Hairy, we're playing Whitehawk next week. sorry for the late invite.

OU4LIFE
7/28/2006, 09:06 AM
Whitehawk, I'm in.

Pick me up.

Squeek, eff U and your edit.

picasso
7/28/2006, 09:12 AM
Lakeside is in great shape, kinda like Cimmaron. I have never missed so many putts on the pro side. I played too much break all day.
So I putt right at the hole on 18 from about 6 feet, of course it broke right.

I did par from the trees on 17.

OU4LIFE
7/28/2006, 09:25 AM
Cimarron is struggling with the heat, they are keeping the greens too wet.

Could be the start of a problem if they don't get a handle on it.