PDA

View Full Version : Royalfan5 journey of self-discovery and beer drinking

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 08:21 AM
I am leaving early tomorrow morning to drive across the state of Nebraska to visit some friends in Scottsbluff. This is a little bit of a jog, it's roughly the same distance to Scottsbluff from my house, as it is to OKC. I have decided not to take interstate so I can get to know a new area of the state, and to see where my dad went to college. One of the things I really enjoy is driving cross-country and seeing crops and livestock. I think I get this from my Grandfather who used to take me on long road trips across Nebraska and Kansas when I was little. Plus, it gives me time to think about things, and I usually gain some piece of mind from these trips. Then when I get out there, I get to party with western Nebraskans, who are just plain hard folks.(You have to be to live out there). Either way I am excited about taking this trip.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 08:53 AM
One of the things I really enjoy is driving cross-country and seeing crops and livestock

Like you have a choice. ;)

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 09:16 AM
Like you have a choice. ;)
I could have taken I-80, and the crops and livestock would have been more of a blur.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 09:16 AM
heh

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 09:19 AM
Also, I will get to listen to the Pixies while driving past the Frank Black Irrigation Pipe Co. in Exeter. I appreciate getting to do that.

Sooner in Tampa
7/14/2006, 09:29 AM
I could have taken I-80, and the crops and livestock would have been more of a blur.I-80 through bugeater country is the SUCC

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 09:30 AM
Also, I will get to listen to the Pixies while driving past the Frank Black Irrigation Pipe Co. in Exeter. I appreciate getting to do that.

Dude, you have got to get out more often. :D

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 09:32 AM
Dude, you have got to get out more often. :D
I'm somewhat hand-cuffed by the whole living in Nebraska bit.

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 09:33 AM
I-80 through bugeater country is the SUCC
Not that any of Nebraska is that exciting, but the non-1-80 sections are somewhat more interesting.

royalfan5
7/17/2006, 03:54 PM
I had a fun trip, drank lots of beer, got to see lots o' corn, beans, wheat, hay, and cattle. Apperently missed a fun day on the SO though.