PDA

View Full Version : And... the next Jason White!!!

goingoneight
7/13/2006, 11:42 PM
Mr. Sam Bradford!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIM5I8Zh9MI&search=sam%20bradford

Whatcha think???

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/13/2006, 11:47 PM
I forgot how big he is....Looks like he'll be a great one

Snrfn4ever08
7/14/2006, 12:26 AM
i think he shredded my high school every year he played us:(

TripleOption14
7/14/2006, 06:53 AM
Definitely looks like he has the tools to build on!! One thing i'm sure the coaches will work with him on is getting the ball up when he is throwing. He looks like he keeps the ball low when throwing which is not a good thing. Almost like a low side arm throw. But as i said i'm sure the coaches have seen this and are correcting it. :)

swardboy
7/14/2006, 07:00 AM
Rap is crap...good playah though

TripleOption14
7/14/2006, 07:02 AM
Don't know if i'd call that rap... :rolleyes:

yermom
7/14/2006, 07:52 AM
they've used that POD song in Soonervision videos ;)

OUDoc
7/14/2006, 08:03 AM
Good Putnam City North boy. :)

zeke
7/14/2006, 08:12 AM
Looks like a good one.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
7/14/2006, 08:13 AM
When I read the title of the thread I thought you were talking about Hays McEachern. :rolleyes:

southern sooner
7/14/2006, 09:28 AM
I know Jason White was recruited big time and almost didnt come to OU, as I recall he had decided to go to Miami but once Stoops got here he decided on OU. Here is my question, was Bradford highly recruited? Not that it matters, I am just curious... looked good in the video

bstuff1979
7/14/2006, 09:56 AM
Bradford was highly recruited but not to the level of White. I used to write for a sports page in OKC and my main thing was high school football. Bradford was easily the best QB in the OKC area and tended to remind me of Nate Hyble in his throwing motion. He's got great size and can run the ball if he needs to, but it's nowhere close to how White could run the ball before his knee's went out. Bradford had a great season, but the team around him didn't quite live up to the hype. Not so much there fault, but there was some unreal hype around them. Three D1 prospects on one team and a small handfull of great highschool players outside of that. Other than one guy (can't remember his name, think he ended up signing with osu or arkansas), the o-line seemed to have some issues giving Bradford time to pass. That, in one game in particular (pcn vs. pc), forced Bradford to make some poor throwing decisions. No question he redshirts this year, but he could certainly be a very good qb (maybe something like cale gundy in a best case and garrick mcgee if things don't pan out) a couple of years from now.

footballfanatic
7/14/2006, 10:16 AM
Bradford was highly recruited but not to the level of White. I used to write for a sports page in OKC and my main thing was high school football. Bradford was easily the best QB in the OKC area and tended to remind me of Nate Hyble in his throwing motion. He's got great size and can run the ball if he needs to, but it's nowhere close to how White could run the ball before his knee's went out. Bradford had a great season, but the team around him didn't quite live up to the hype. Not so much there fault, but there was some unreal hype around them. Three D1 prospects on one team and a small handfull of great highschool players outside of that. Other than one guy (can't remember his name, think he ended up signing with osu or arkansas), the o-line seemed to have some issues giving Bradford time to pass. That, in one game in particular (pcn vs. pc), forced Bradford to make some poor throwing decisions. No question he redshirts this year, but he could certainly be a very good qb (maybe something like cale gundy in a best case and garrick mcgee if things don't pan out) a couple of years from now.

Ledt's hope he's better in the biggest games than JW.

CincySooner
7/14/2006, 10:19 AM

your attempt to stir the hornets' nest has failed.

southern sooner
7/14/2006, 10:21 AM
BIG GAME???? Killed Texass every time and I sure as heck dont blame him for the melt down against KSU and in no way was he at fault in the sugar bowl. Only one major melt down was against USC and that was a team melt down...

JW was greatness....

tbl
7/14/2006, 10:22 AM
Definitely looks like he has the tools to build on!! One thing i'm sure the coaches will work with him on is getting the ball up when he is throwing. He looks like he keeps the ball low when throwing which is not a good thing. Almost like a low side arm throw. But as i said i'm sure the coaches have seen this and are correcting it. :)
Vance Yong did it and won a National Championship and was a top NFL draft pick. Just sayin....

tbl
7/14/2006, 10:22 AM
BIG GAME???? Killed Texass every time and I sure as heck dont blame him for the melt down against KSU and in no way was he at fault in the sugar bowl. Only one major melt down was against USC and that was a team melt down...

JW was greatness....
Nailed it!

TripleOption14
7/14/2006, 11:22 AM
Vance Yong did it and won a National Championship and was a top NFL draft pick. Just sayin....

Ah.. yes! But what was and is the big knock on "that guy?" AWFUL mechanics! And lets be honest; "that guy" didn't really do much with his arm until this past year. I'm sure our coaching staff will actually coach and help him get better in the mechanics dept. unlike the staff at that one school.

And one more thing about "that guy" The NFL is gonna force him to change his throwing mechanics. BANK ON IT!!

soonerboy_odanorth
7/14/2006, 11:28 AM
Mr. Sam Bradford!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIM5I8Zh9MI&search=sam%20bradford

Whatcha think???

I think I want to know the name of that receiver he kept throwing to that was blowing past guys and making tough catches with defenders draped all over him... And I think I want to know if he was a senior last year and if we recruited him and if not why not, and if he is a senior this year are we recruiting him now.

Boffingham
7/14/2006, 11:31 AM
Bomar is the next Jason White...he's still a sophmore.

LoyalFan
7/14/2006, 01:06 PM
Why does virtually EVERY Sooner or Sooner prospect vid have to be accompanied by that cretinous, mindless, blithering, no-talent, and just plain annoying crap!
I can't believe that those crack-using, illegitimate-baby-spawning, chauffeur-shooting, cop-hating, AlphaSierraSierraApertures actually believe they are "artists".
Artists???? Yeah, so long as you mean painting rocks at McAlester.
Jeebus! I'm sick of it.

LF

Dio
7/14/2006, 01:16 PM

Yeah, too bad his record in the RRS wasn't as good as Radio's. Oh, wait...

bstuff1979
7/14/2006, 01:28 PM
I think I want to know the name of that receiver he kept throwing to that was blowing past guys and making tough catches with defenders draped all over him... And I think I want to know if he was a senior last year and if we recruited him and if not why not, and if he is a senior this year are we recruiting him now.

The wideout is Kenny Brown, ended up signing with aTm. As much upside as Bradford has, I think Brown was the team's best player. That being said, upside means everything when trasitioning from high school to college. In any event, I'd be suprised if Brown doesn't end up making an all big 12 team in the future. He's got phenomenal quickness and has a running style (after the catch/yac) that looks a little bit like vince young.

footballfanatic
7/14/2006, 05:16 PM

JW was greatness....

I didn't say big game--I said biggest games. LSU and USC were the biggest games. I don't see how you can claim he wasn't at fault at the Sugar Bowl. And he melted down against USC, even lobbing a ball into triple coverage. Tough guy, no doubt, just not a big game QB.

randu
7/14/2006, 05:23 PM
I didn't say big game....just not a big game QB.
huh?

footballfanatic
7/14/2006, 05:30 PM
huh?
I agree. I muffed it--but my point is, when the big prize was on the line, the guy folded.

bstuff1979
7/14/2006, 05:49 PM
I agree. I muffed it--but my point is, when the big prize was on the line, the guy folded.

No question there was some folding in the orange bowl and sugar bowl, but it wasn't just Jason White. In the Sugar, it seemed like the D was on there game to an extent but the O struggled to really get going. The game felt like a whooping, but remember that OU was within a last second play of taking it to OT. The Orange Bowl was obviously a different story but, like I said, it wasn't just White. The offense had a really tough time giving White any time to throw and the run game was flat shut down. The seconday on D had issues covering the suc wideouts and even when they were on those guys like glue it didn't seem to help. That game was quite a bit like the OU tex. series over the five year run. It, the orange bowl loss, was a product of snowballing mental errors that turned into dejection. When you've set your expectations so high and you're just a little bit more than psyched up for a game, one little thing can lead to another and all of the sudden the mental fall from those hights can be a pretty hard one. That, not just Jason White throwing into coverage and not spotting the FS/SS zones, was what happened. In any event, why blame White at all when it's much more fun to hate suc?

TripleOption14
7/14/2006, 10:04 PM
No question there was some folding in the orange bowl and sugar bowl, but it wasn't just Jason White. In the Sugar, it seemed like the D was on there game to an extent but the O struggled to really get going.

Are you kidding?!?! That game was the WORST display of TACKLING i've EVER seen from an OU football team period!!!!! The ONLY person who showed up on the defensive side of the ball that night was D. Strait. To this day I say that OU was still shell shocked from the K. State game and still was 2 inches from winning that game.

AzianSooner
7/14/2006, 11:26 PM
He read the defense well.

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 12:13 AM
Are you kidding?!?! That game was the WORST display of TACKLING i've EVER seen from an OU football team period!!!!! The ONLY person who showed up on the defensive side of the ball that night was D. Strait. To this day I say that OU was still shell shocked from the K. State game and still was 2 inches from winning that game.

I say that the d was on their game to an extent simply because they kept OU in the game with a chance for the OU to send it to OT. On the whole, the team went fubar in both games. When placing the two games in the same context, the D looked like the 85 Bears in the Sugar compared to the Orange Bowl performance. The main point I was trying to make is that you cannot blame the losses on just one guy. If you really think that the two games are directly due to White, I'm not all that sure you watched them. Yes, he made some mistakes but there are 10 other guys out there to back him up and 11 others to give him his opportunities.

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 12:23 AM
actually, seeing as I'm going strictly on memory of the games and neither of the two commanded my attention after halftime (the lsu game did get a bit more of my attention) my big thing is that going after one guy when there are 21 others in addition to a coaching staff to compose a team seems a little off. i've seen bad performances by qb's (hyble tossing 5 oskies in dallas one year), but it's rare to see something that would let you say, "yeah, it's all white's fault...he is solely responsible". before i'd do that, i'd think about the offensive gameplan and adjustments or lack there of, the other team's d, the offensive line, the wideouts and how well they're running their routes, and so on. it's not as easy as seeing jwhite toss one into double coverage and jumping to a conclusion. there are a few plays where he just blew it, but not the whole game.

The Consumate Showman
7/15/2006, 12:35 AM

Hey, is this Van Shea Iven...;)

I think the recruit you are looking for is Josh Shene. He is a fmily friend of mine and he signed with Ole Miss because Stoops was not taking a kicker this past year. Josh was the #2 recruited kicker in the nation..

jk the sooner fan
7/15/2006, 08:07 AM

i noticed that too, throws a little bit like VY

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 09:07 AM
Hey, is this Van Shea Iven...;)

I think the recruit you are looking for is Josh Shene. He is a fmily friend of mine and he signed with Ole Miss because Stoops was not taking a kicker this past year. Josh was the #2 recruited kicker in the nation..

The three main guys were Myron McKinney (OSU?), Sam Bradford (OU), and Kenny Brown (AM). I'd forgotten about the kicker, but now that I remember he was every bit the D1 prospect too. In fact, I think I remember spotting Chuck Long at the PCN-PC game last year. Not sure on why they passed him up, he was a great kicker. I think I remember him hitting 2 40yd+ kicks at Norman North. They may be waiting on J.Stevens out of Heritage Hall. That kid's an amazing talent, you could call him the Barry Sanders of kicking (no, seriously. he's already tied a national record). I think he'll be a junior this year. Any way, good deal for Josh. Those three guys got most all the attention, but there were a handfull of guys who got looked over when they shoulnd't have. He was certainly one, as well as Connor Boyd, H. Wheat(?), and B. Hainbach. When that team put everything together they were hard to stop. I still think they got robbed against SantaFe.

goingoneight
7/16/2006, 04:18 PM

goingoneight
12/19/2007, 02:50 AM
Did I call that or what? :D

Bomar is the next Jason White...he's still a sophmore.

:eek:

Spanish Sooner
12/19/2007, 03:31 AM
No, I don't think Bradford is the next Jason White, he is the first Sam Bradford. Looking at the quarterbacks OU has had, I thinking each of them had something that they brought to the table that was unique, that set them apart from the others. Of course in terms of success, yes I think Bradford could be the next Jason White, but I would rather he be the next Josh Heupel, ya know because Heupel got a national championship :)

KantoSooner
12/19/2007, 04:06 AM
And do you recall last spring when the board was jumping around like they had to pee bad because we had no settled QB?

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2007, 04:15 AM
I wasn't worried...we had a lot of talent waiting...and Sam exceeded even my crimson gogled expectations.

Blues1
12/19/2007, 09:45 AM
Let me Be Blunt....We can recruit all The Texas Kids we want.....But when It Comes to Our Quarter Back - I want a Oklahoma young man behind the Center....(or - Maybe a South Dakota young man might work)....:)
Jason White
Jimmy Harris
Hollaway
Sam Bradford
I could go on-- You get the Point...!!!!
Keep Rockin'

Paperclip
12/19/2007, 10:13 AM
Let me Be Blunt....We can recruit all The Texas Kids we want.....But when It Comes to Our Quarter Back - I want a Oklahoma young man behind the Center....(or - Maybe a South Dakota young man might work)....:)
Jason White
Jimmy Harris
Hollaway
Sam Bradford
I could go on-- You get the Point...!!!!
Keep Rockin'

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.

Scott D
12/19/2007, 10:19 AM
I pick Jamelle as not belonging :)

And to the rest of you, I'd prefer Sam to have two healthy knees at the end of his time at Oklahoma.

MamaMia
12/19/2007, 10:22 AM
Sam has his own style.

The_Red_Patriot
12/19/2007, 10:26 AM
uhhh.... more like the next Josh Heupel !!!

Mjcpr
12/19/2007, 10:26 AM
Uh, Jamelle Holieway was not from Oklahoma, he was from California.

Blues1
12/19/2007, 10:28 AM
Uh, Jamelle Holloway was not from Oklahoma, he was from California.

Well the Dust Bowl Just owe us One..... :)

Partial Qualifier
12/19/2007, 10:39 AM
Carson, CA to be precise.

I hope Sam is not like JW in a couple ways.. :O

Youngsooner
12/19/2007, 10:50 AM
Like Jason White... he'll win the heisman, but Sam will also win a national championship :D

stoopified
12/19/2007, 04:43 PM
Uh, Jamelle Holieway was not from Oklahoma, he was from California.Jimmy Harris was from Texas, not Oklahoma.

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2007, 02:37 AM
I love Oklahoma boys playing for the Sooners, but quite honestly as long as they have some true and deep Sooner Pride once they hit campus I don't care.

It's not like we don't always have plenty of born and bread boys on the team...If we can screw some other states out of their talent and turn 'em into Adrian Petersons and Jamelle Hollieways then all the better for our domination of college football over the last century!

Blues1
12/20/2007, 03:42 AM
AMEN....And AMEN~~~~~!

SoonerMom2
12/20/2007, 10:42 AM
Sam Bradford plays more like Josh Heupel. He doesn't have happy feet like White had from the beginning. White received the Heisman because of a very good year but also coming back from two knee surgeries. He should have never come back that 6th year IMHO. It hurt our program with quarterbacks, split the team, and frankly a lot of times White did not make good decisions on the field! Bradford is a much better quarterback IMHO starting out then White ever was at the same age. I don't care where the quarterback comes from if he becomes a Sooner! When you have championship teams, you get the best quarterback for system no matter where he comes from -- anything other then that is naive thinking IMHO.

rhombic21
12/20/2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, if Jason White hadn't come back for his 6th year, we could have gotten to see Tommy "I'm not even starting at Utah" Grady, Paul Thompson (who didn't look so hot in 2005, and turned out to not be an elite level QB), or Bomar (who looked pretty average for a whole lot of the time early on even even after redshirting), and probably not played for back to back NCs.

Did you even watch OU play in 2004? Without Jason White we don't beat aTm or Oklahoma State.

If we had Bradford last year (ready to play and not still learning the system), we would probably be playing for back to back NCs.

All_Day_28
12/20/2007, 11:34 AM
Jason White>>>>>>>>>________