PDA

View Full Version : Funny thought...

goingoneight
7/13/2006, 11:06 PM
After the Texas Tech "win" in Lubbock against us in 2005, Cody Hodges quoted... "I guess God rewards his people..." in response to how he thought the game played out.

They went on the the freakin' Cotton Bowl, lost to Bama (no offense Bama fans) and are not top 10 for 2006.

OU went to San Diego, CA... Holiday Bowl... against a very good Oregon Ducks team and beat them. The fifth or sixth-ranked team!!! Once again, no offense Oregon.

You tell me who God rewarded... :D

leavingthezoo
7/13/2006, 11:20 PM
texas? they won the whole whoppin' deal. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

whiteagle
7/13/2006, 11:22 PM
i remember watching the game when he said that. my dad who's a preacher said wat a bunch of bologna. heh.

AlabamaSooner
7/13/2006, 11:30 PM
I found the Cotton Bowl win over Tech very satisfying considering what happened to my Sooners a few weeks earlier. That's only half revenge though. The completion will be in Norman this fall. :)

Snrfn4ever08
7/14/2006, 12:28 AM
I found the Cotton Bowl win over Tech very satisfying considering what happened to my Sooners a few weeks earlier. That's only half revenge though. The completion will be in Norman this fall. :)
and God has rewarded me by allowing me to be there to witness the beatdown:D

soonernation
7/14/2006, 07:44 AM
Another funny thought!!!:D

Austin Texas 1st Grade Class

A first grade teacher in Austin Texas explains to her class that she is a Longhorn fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Longhorn fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl...

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, " Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Longhorn fan" she replied. The teacher, still shocked, asked "Well, if you are not a Longhorn fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Sooner fan," Janie replied. The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, WHY are you a Sooner fan?"

"Because my Mom is a Sooner fan, my Dad is a Sooner fan, so I am a Sooner fan also."

"Well" said the teacher, in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Sooner fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all the time. What if your Mom was a snotty arrogant jackass and your Dad was a snotty arrogant jackass, what would you be then?"

"Then" Janie smiled, "We'd be Longhorn fans."

SoonerDood
7/14/2006, 09:29 AM
it's funny cuz it's true.

Soonerman08
7/14/2006, 10:51 AM
Indeed, and I look for our Defensive Ends to murder Tech's new starting quarterback. It's going to be glorious.