PDA

View Full Version : Melo has been SOADamized

Melo
7/13/2006, 10:51 PM
It finally happened. The day all of my dreams came true. Well, not really. But close enough.

My friend and I made it to the Woodlands in about 30 minutes, and that was AFTER playing our female driver part and taking a wrong exit. :rolleyes: Made it to The Woodlands, and walked around a little bit enojying the veiw. It was hotter than hell, and by the time we got to the gates, we were both soaked. We went in and bought stuff, and went and found our seats. Lucky enough for us, we were under the pavilian part, so it was shaded a little.

The first band to perform was Fair to Midland, a newer band that the singer from System of a Down signed to his company. They suprised me. I really enjoyed the show. Next was Bad Acid Trip, who again suprised me. I couldnt really tell what the singer was screaming. I only caught the 'HOUSTON TEXAS!' and the 'F**K YOU, MOTHERF**KERS!' parts. But he had a mohawk with a braid coming out the side of it, and he jumped on amps and had seizures on stage, so it was entertaing to at least watch. Next up was Hatebreed, which I REALLY enjoyed. They threw out a lot of the 'HOUSTON TEXAS!' and the 'F**K YOU, MOTHERF**KERS!' parts as well, but for variety, added in some 'ARE YALL READY FOR SYSTEM OF A F**KING DOWN?!' At which the crowd showed just how ready they were. After them came Avenged Sevenfold, but who really cares about them? I dont see what people like about them, but whatever. I patiently sat around and waited for THE band to come out.

After a bit, the house lights went off, and everyone was in darkness. Then the opening song, a somber 'Soldier's side - intro' opened up the show. They played for 2 1/2 to 3 hours worth of music, covering everything from their first album, all the way to their new ones. It totally rocked. I jumped around hardcore and sang every word. Screamed at ALL the appropriate places. The guys in front of me kept looking at me, but I didnt care. I was there for four people, and four people only, and they were telling me to rock out with my c**k out, which apparently wasnt much bigger than theirs. (lol, sorry, song refrence). I cant express to you people enough just how awesome this show was. I made it a goal to see them before I died, so it feels great to have accomplished something. The love those guys share... the bond... amazing. At one point, the singer wrapped an arm around the guitarist, and they hugged while they were singing/playing. It was wonderful. There have been a lot of rumors flying around about them breaking up, and the guitarist says halfway through the show 'There's all these rumors going around about us breaking up.... but let me just say.... SYSTEM IS FOREVER!' Crowd went NUTS. It was a madhouse.

Few pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/SerjDaronShavo.jpg
^^Shavo, Daron and Serj

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/Shavo2.jpg
^^Shavo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/Serj2.jpg
^^Serj

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/Daron3.jpg
^^Cool pic of Daron

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/Daron2.jpg
^^Daron again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/SerjDaron5.jpg
^^Daron and Serj

And last, the guys from Hatebreed walked by, and one of the guys walked up to me and says 'Hey! Here's one of hatebreeds drum heads!' So now I have a drum head from Hatebreed, and another reason to go to their concert and get it signed. :)

Octavian
7/13/2006, 10:56 PM
youth is wasted on the young. ;)

Melo
7/13/2006, 10:58 PM

Spare me.

LoyalFan
7/13/2006, 10:58 PM
Thank GOD for Beethoven.

LF

olevetonahill
7/13/2006, 10:59 PM
No truer words were ever spoken ;)

Melo
7/13/2006, 11:00 PM
This isnt to critisize my choice of music. Its to tell you all how much fun I had, and how I got to meet a person who I have always wanted to meet. :sigh:

VeeJay
7/13/2006, 11:01 PM
'sup wif da beard?

Mongo
7/13/2006, 11:03 PM
Melo, I used to like SoaD. They had a very unique sound that you could rock out to. Then they desided to become political with their music and it all went down hill for me. But keep dont let that stop you from "rock out with your c...."
Arent you a woman? nm

Plus I am getting too old for that music.

Melo
7/13/2006, 11:04 PM
'sup wif da beard?

He's been growing that out for so long. Its his thing that people know him for. Or whatever. I like it. :)

OUinFLA
Melo has a beard?

olevetonahill
Glad you had fun kid
Youth is still wasted on the young tho !:D

Melo
7/13/2006, 11:08 PM
Melo, I used to like SoaD. They had a very unique sound that you could rock out to. Then they desided to become political with their music and it all went down hill for me. But keep dont let that stop you from "rock out with your c...."
Arent you a woman? nm

Plus I am getting too old for that music.

The thing is, they ARENT a political band. Not all their songs are about politics. Most of their songs are about other things. Out of 5 albums, they have only a handful of political songs. The thing is, though, that Serj is so involved with politics, and getting the word out about the Armenian genocide, that it goes over into his song writing. Its just a part of who he is, and what he thinks about. Of COURSE we would hear that in their music. I dont have to like their politics to enjoy their music. But thats your choice.

And I am a woman, but that doesnt stop me from saying I have more junk than some other guys.

SoonerInKCMO
7/13/2006, 11:11 PM
Melo has a beard?

No, Melo is a beard. For Sic'Em.

Haven't you been payin' attention? ;)

Melo
7/13/2006, 11:14 PM
You people dissapoint me.

Mongo
7/13/2006, 11:14 PM
The thing is, they ARENT a political band. Not all their songs are about politics. Most of their songs are about other things. Out of 5 albums, they have only a handful of political songs. The thing is, though, that Serj is so involved with politics, and getting the word out about the Armenian genocide, that it goes over into his song writing. Its just a part of who he is, and what he thinks about. Of COURSE we would hear that in their music. I dont have to like their politics to enjoy their music. But thats your choice.

And I am a woman, but that doesnt stop me from saying I have more junk than some other guys.

I know that most arent political, I have their latest alblum. But the worst/ignorant lyric: "why dont presidents fight the war? Why do they always send the poor?"

Sorry Melo, I will stop p!ssin on your parade. I would have ignored it just to go crazy at a concert. Get any second hand high there?

Melo
7/13/2006, 11:16 PM
Get any second ahnd high there?

They didnt even allow people to smoke cigarettes. So there wasnt much other stuff smoking going on. I was close enough to an aisle that if anyone near me would have lit up, it would have been stopped immedietly.

I did get to see two lesbians make out for three whole songs before they left the concert to go finish their business.

Octavian
7/13/2006, 11:16 PM

spare me.

;)

Melo
7/13/2006, 11:19 PM
I know that most arent political, I have their latest alblum. But the worst/ignorant lyric: "why dont presidents fight the war? Why do they always send the poor?"

I interpret that a bit differently, I imagine. I dont think theyre saying anything about the presidents not having anything to do with war, but more literally, why dont they fight the war? They give the orders for troops to go out and die while they sit at home and do other things. And knowing how involved soad is with theyre human enlightenment and and awarness raising, I think I can understand where theyre coming from.

Melo
7/13/2006, 11:21 PM
spare me.

;)

Thats it. I'm not sending the Leia pictures.

Octavian
7/13/2006, 11:24 PM
Thats it. I'm not sending the Leia pictures.

:D

colleyvillesooner
Congrats! I did the same thing when I was young and met a whole lot of the guys from bands I really used to like (Goldfinger, SOAD, Incubus, Deftones, Slipknot, Everclear, Sponge, Hagfish, Limp Bizkit (Fred is a dick) etc) Some great memories. Enjoy them.

LoyalFan

So now we're even, right?

LF

PS: Just kidd...wellllllll.

Mongo
7/13/2006, 11:26 PM
I interpret that a bit differently, I imagine. I dont think theyre saying anything about the presidents not having anything to do with war, but more literally, why dont they fight the war? They give the orders for troops to go out and die while they sit at home and do other things. And knowing how involved soad is with theyre human enlightenment and and awarness raising, I think I can understand where theyre coming from.

Melo, lets not turn this into a 12 page political thread, so I am glad you had a great time. I'm glad you didnt get stoned-by-association, and espescially get SoaDomized. I am too old to enjoy, but you keep fighting the good fight for those of us who dont want to grow up.

Melo
7/13/2006, 11:44 PM
Melo, lets not turn this into a 12 page political thread, so I am glad you had a great time. I'm glad you didnt get stoned-by-association, and espescially get SoaDomized. I am too old to enjoy, but you keep fighting the good fight for those of us who dont want to grow up.

I'm not saying I agree with their politics, but I try not to be closeminded about things. Their opinions are just as valid as mine, and if theyre going to sing about certain issues, I want to know for myself whether or not I agree with them. And I'm not trying to defend their politics, just their opinions. I'm not starting anything.

And about growing up... I might grow older, but growing up is completely optional. You would be suprised at how many older people were at this concert. There was this one guy... white hair, wife beater, tattoos all displayed, with a beer in hand. Waving at us to stand up and rock out. Then he spilt his beer on the poor kid in front of him. I was thinking that guy was a total d**k, but at least he still felt comofrtable coming out in publi in such a manner and trying to keep up with the rest of us younger people.

Then there was this woman... who came in a wheel chair. The person with her helped her sit down, and she just sat there and drunk a beer throughout the whole thing. But when SoaD came on, she stood up and started rocking out with us. I was pretty impressed. I told myself I would be her when I am old and wrinkly.

sanantoniosooner
7/13/2006, 11:55 PM
It finally happened. The day all of my dreams came true.

My friend and I made it in about 30 minutes, and that was AFTER playing our female driver part and taking a wrong exit. :rolleyes: Made it and walked around a little bit enojying the veiw. It was hotter than hell, and we were both soaked. We went and went. Lucky enough for us, we were little. :)
This is the direction I expected with the title.

Stanley1
7/14/2006, 12:42 AM
Congrats! I did the same thing when I was young and met a whole lot of the guys from bands I really used to like (Goldfinger, SOAD, Incubus, Deftones, Slipknot, Everclear, Sponge, Hagfish, Limp Bizkit (Fred is a dick) etc) Some great memories. Enjoy them.

Good God. You have/had terrible taste in music.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/14/2006, 12:49 AM
No, Melo is a beard. For Sic'Em.

Haven't you been payin' attention? ;)

she's been preparing him for prison. as in "Melo has been SOADamizing Sic'Em"

dolemitesooner
7/14/2006, 01:09 AM
What is this I here about Leia pics....

chicken head

Melo
7/14/2006, 01:12 AM
chicken head

Man, you suck. He was really nice, and I just had to ASK for a picture. Well, technically, I didnt even have to ask.

dolemitesooner
7/14/2006, 01:13 AM
Why do I suck I just call them how I see them...lol..Its nice to give you hell

Melo
7/14/2006, 01:16 AM
Why do I suck I just call them how I see them...lol..Its nice to give you hell

Yea, I'm so glad youre back... :rolleyes:

dolemitesooner
7/14/2006, 01:19 AM
Yea, I'm so glad youre back... :rolleyes:
ROOLE YOUR eyess at me boencye....se you Mde me Angry and DOldmeite came oaTIU

Melo
7/14/2006, 01:24 AM
DOldmeite came oaTIU

You cant even spell your own name, much less oaTIU anything.

Tailwind
7/14/2006, 01:25 AM
Melo, my son just went to OzzFest in Phoenix, where SOAD was one of the headliners. He said they kicked ***! Glad your concert was everything you had imagined it would be...totally cool getting your pic with the dude. Ps: I may be old, but I can still rock out with the best of them...oldschool!

Melo
7/14/2006, 01:30 AM
Melo, my son just went to OzzFest in Phoenix, where SOAD was one of the headliners. He said they kicked ***! Glad your concert was everything you had imagined it would be...totally cool getting your pic with the dude. Ps: I may be old, but I can still rock out with the best of them...oldschool!

Hell yes! I bet you can rock out better than most people. Every single older person there, except for the drunk guys and lesbians, were all rocking out way harder than some of us. It was good to see it.

dolemitesooner
7/14/2006, 01:31 AM
You cant even spell your own name, much less oaTIU anything.
:O :(

Melo
7/14/2006, 01:35 AM
:O :(

Make fun of me, I'll make fun of you. Beyonce.

dolemitesooner
7/14/2006, 01:37 AM
Make fun of me, I'll make fun of you. Beyonce.
At least I aint no Emo chicken head:D :cool:

SicEmBaylor
7/14/2006, 01:46 AM
....and lesbians....

Go on...

dolemitesooner
7/14/2006, 01:53 AM
Go on...
LOL.....she loves the girls...

;)

Scott D
7/14/2006, 05:26 AM
Go on...

don't you worry your head about them, they'd just rob you.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/14/2006, 06:48 AM
SOunds like you had a good time Melo. Too bad they didn't ask you to go on the tour bus with them. That would have been a good time.

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 07:38 AM
Who are those turd knockers?

MamaMia
7/14/2006, 08:01 AM
Melo, I'm so happy you had a wonderful time and was able to meet someone whos talents you admire. I would say that this has been a very good birthday week for you. :)

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 09:01 AM
Good God. You have/had terrible taste in music.

Yeah, well at least I don't have to turn mine down when I roll up on somebody:
http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/bolton/bolton1.jpg

;)

Hatfield
7/14/2006, 09:25 AM
congrats melo. always cool meeting the band.

Stanley1
7/14/2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah, well at least I don't have to turn mine down when I roll up on somebody:
http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/bolton/bolton1.jpg

;)

Good point.

Beef
7/14/2006, 10:13 AM
SOUTH OVAL! F**K YOU, MOTHERF**KERS!

I could totally be a rock star.

Partial Qualifier
7/14/2006, 10:17 AM
That's pretty cool Melo! Did he seem like just some ordinary dood in person?
well he basically is an ordinary dood .. i just mean in teh sense of compared to how you imagined he'd be

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 10:19 AM
well he basically is an ordinary dood .. i just mean in teh sense of compared to how you imagined he'd be

She ran callin' WIIIiiiahhIIIIII, iiiiiahildfiiiire.......

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 10:19 AM
She ran callin' WIIIiiiahhIIIIII, iiiiiahildfiiiire.......

I guess I'm lucky I've never heard of this song.

SoonerInKCMO
7/14/2006, 10:21 AM
I guess I'm lucky I've never heard of this song.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/co/inspiration/Wildfire.html

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 10:23 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/co/inspiration/Wildfire.html

Nope, doesn't ring a bell.

SOONERKAT
7/14/2006, 10:52 AM
Damn I wish I could have gone to that show! Been out of town for the last few days, so no dice. How much did "Holy Mountain" rock? The more I think about what a great show that was the more pi$$ed I get. Anyhow, don't let the geri's here get you down. There is nothing better than a chance meeting with someone like that. In '97, 311 played the then Ariel Theater at Bayou Place (now the Verizon here in Houston) and an unknown band named Incubus opened for them. I had just bought "Science" about two days earlier, and before that I had not heard much about them. Anyone who has "Science" knows how much that CD RMFO, so I was looking forward to seeing them live. The band takes the stage and this guy who looks like Jesus with dreads steps out on stage. For the next 45 minutes or so, I am completely blown away by how good they are and how much emotion they put into their live performance. Nick and the boys come out next and play their set, which kicked A as usual, and they finish up, but come back out for an encore. I decide that that is a good time to sneak out and head over to the merchandise booth to see if I can find Incubus' first CD. As I am paying for my new CD, and a shirt, JC with dreads walks up out of nowhere and tells me that he saw me buy their CD and just wanted to ask what I thought about the show. I was dumbfounded that they were not only standing out there, but that he would come up and ask somehting like that. I walk over and meet Mike and their old DJ, and get a pic with the three of them. For the band, the rest is history. That was easily the coolest experience I have ever had at a concert and I have been an Incubus fan ever since.

Good for you, Melo. Glad to hear you enjoed the show and met Shavo. That's an experience you will not soon forget.

Tailwind
7/14/2006, 11:19 AM
Don't let the geri's here get you down.
If that means what I think it means, I may just have to treat you to a good old fashioned "Geri" asskicking!:D

NormanPride
7/14/2006, 11:57 AM
This thread embarasses me, and I'm not sure why.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 12:03 PM
This thread embarasses me, and I'm not sure why.It's cause you suck.

Your Welcome.

Beef
7/14/2006, 01:51 PM
SOUTH OVAL! F**K YOU, MOTHERF**KERS!

I could totally be a rock star.
**** OFF, DIP****!!!1!

Melo
7/14/2006, 02:35 PM

He was incredibly nice, and it really suprised me how cool he was in person. He was so obviously busy, and I felt horrible for bothering him, but as soon as I told him I just wanted to say hi and stuff, he was all smiles. And when his body guard took the picture, and Shavo put his arm around me and laid his cheek on my head, I thought to myself 'Thats something a friend would do, not something a rockstar would do.' Those guys are all just so... humble, its amazing.

A friend of mine got to meet the whole band, and she said when she saw the guitarist, she told him 'You are god' and bowed to him. Then the guitarist said 'No. YOU are here for us, YOU are the one who is god.' and then bowed to her. A snobby rockstar wouldnt do something like that. The guys really appreciate their fans. Its so cool to be able to meet them and talk to them like real people, because thats what they are.

silverwheels
7/14/2006, 02:47 PM
This thread embarasses me, and I'm not sure why.

Maybe because SOAD sucks?

Melo
7/14/2006, 02:47 PM
Damn I wish I could have gone to that show! Been out of town for the last few days, so no dice. How much did "Holy Mountain" rock? The more I think about what a great show that was the more pi$$ed I get. Anyhow, don't let the geri's here get you down. There is nothing better than a chance meeting with someone like that. In '97, 311 played the then Ariel Theater at Bayou Place (now the Verizon here in Houston) and an unknown band named Incubus opened for them. I had just bought "Science" about two days earlier, and before that I had not heard much about them. Anyone who has "Science" knows how much that CD RMFO, so I was looking forward to seeing them live. The band takes the stage and this guy who looks like Jesus with dreads steps out on stage. For the next 45 minutes or so, I am completely blown away by how good they are and how much emotion they put into their live performance. Nick and the boys come out next and play their set, which kicked A as usual, and they finish up, but come back out for an encore. I decide that that is a good time to sneak out and head over to the merchandise booth to see if I can find Incubus' first CD. As I am paying for my new CD, and a shirt, JC with dreads walks up out of nowhere and tells me that he saw me buy their CD and just wanted to ask what I thought about the show. I was dumbfounded that they were not only standing out there, but that he would come up and ask somehting like that. I walk over and meet Mike and their old DJ, and get a pic with the three of them. For the band, the rest is history. That was easily the coolest experience I have ever had at a concert and I have been an Incubus fan ever since.

Good for you, Melo. Glad to hear you enjoed the show and met Shavo. That's an experience you will not soon forget.

The show was absolutley amazing. They didnt play Holy Mountain, though, which made me a bit sad. I really love that song. Its such a beautiful song about something that means so much to them. They did, however, play Suggestions, which suprised me. Let me see if I can pull up a list of some sort.

-Soldier side intro
-Attack
-BYOB
-Revenga
-Suggestions
-Needles
-Deer Dance
-Psycho
-Chop Suey
-Kill rock and roll
-Old school hollywood
-Violent Pornography
-Cigaro
-Lonely Day
-Radio/video
-Hypnotize
-Lost in Hollywood
-Question!
-Sad Statue
-War?
-Aerials
-Toxicity
-Suite Pee
-Sugar

It was also pretty cool to hear System say they loved being in Houston. You missed a truly amazing show. Hopefully someone was sneaky enough to fit in a camera to record some of the performances.

Melo
7/14/2006, 02:48 PM
Maybe because SOAD sucks?

Boo. :mad:

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 02:54 PM
It was also pretty cool to hear System say they loved being in whatever city they're in at the time.

Fixed. :D

HoserSooner
7/14/2006, 03:00 PM
"Aerials" is a pretty sweet tune. The video freaks my kids out though.

SOONERKAT
7/14/2006, 03:46 PM
Ironically, I actually saw SOAD (and some band named Dial 7) open for the above mentioned Incubus at Fitzgerlad's in Houston right after their first CD came out. Small venue, strange set. Serj sang most of the songs through a bull horn. Daron came out and went to the bar after the set, but was mobbed by these two crazy chicas that kept screaming his name during the show. Serj found it amusing that he was playing in Texas (home of the Kennedy conspriacry?). Still, I would like to see them now that they have put out more songs that I know and like. Sucks that Avenged Sevenfold wasn;t that good. I thought they would be cool live.

"Cigaro" is a strong song. I have to stop getting mad that I wasn't there.

Beef
7/14/2006, 03:55 PM
It was also pretty cool to hear System say they loved being in Houston.
Damn I'm old. I had no idea **** YOU, MOTHER****ERS!= I love being in this city.

Melo
7/14/2006, 04:02 PM
Ironically, I actually saw SOAD (and some band named Dial 7) open for the above mentioned Incubus at Fitzgerlad's in Houston right after their first CD came out. Small venue, strange set. Serj sang most of the songs through a bull horn. Daron came out and went to the bar after the set, but was mobbed by these two crazy chicas that kept screaming his name during the show. Serj found it amusing that he was playing in Texas (home of the Kennedy conspriacry?). Still, I would like to see them now that they have put out more songs that I know and like. Sucks that Avenged Sevenfold wasn;t that good. I thought they would be cool live.

"Cigaro" is a strong song. I have to stop getting mad that I wasn't there.

It would be so cool to see soad in their early days. I watched this video where they were playing, I think sugar, and they were like 'We want all the chicks to come up here on stage! Guys can come to, but we dont really want to see you naked or anything...' and halfway therough the song, Daron took off all his clothes, and danced naked on stage, while all these girls were up there dancing around the guys.

Now that the band has gotten so much attention, they dont really do cool stuff like that anymore. They get out there and perform. They put on a VERY good show, but its not like they used to be. The 05 Kroq almost acoustic christmas was very much like old soad, in the respect that all of them except for the drummer, were all high/drunk. Shavo kept running around, and at one point he was hitting the drums with his bass while John was was hitting the bass with his sticks. Visually entertaining as well as providing an eargasm.

If you look on youtube, there are a couple vids from Houston. BYOB, Sugar (Which was crazy, because it was the last song they played that night, and the crowd was cray), Deer Dance, and the solo from Psycho. The solo was pretty awesome. Daron was full out running all around stage and jumping on amps and stuff while playing. And at the end, he was all down on his knees, and she started yelling something into the mic. It was about being in Houston, but I dont remember what he said. :rolleyes:

Melo
7/14/2006, 04:03 PM
Damn I'm old. I had no idea **** YOU, MOTHER****ERS!= I love being in this city.

System didnt really say too much of the **** YOU, MOTHER****ERS stuff. I mean, the singer came out in a cowboy hat, and they mentioned several times about how they love being in Houston. They didnt cuss as much as usual. I'm not complaining, though.

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 04:10 PM
He was incredibly nice, and it really suprised me how cool he was in person. He was so obviously busy, and I felt horrible for bothering him, but as soon as I told him I just wanted to say hi and stuff, he was all smiles. And when his body guard took the picture, and Shavo put his arm around me and laid his cheek on my head, I thought to myself 'Thats something a friend would do, not something a rockstar would do.' Those guys are all just so... humble, its amazing.

A friend of mine got to meet the whole band, and she said when she saw the guitarist, she told him 'You are god' and bowed to him. Then the guitarist said 'No. YOU are here for us, YOU are the one who is god.' and then bowed to her. A snobby rockstar wouldnt do something like that. The guys really appreciate their fans. Its so cool to be able to meet them and talk to them like real people, because thats what they are.

When did he ask you to touch the hiney?

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 04:13 PM

Right before she got SOADamized.

Melo
7/14/2006, 04:16 PM

There was no hiney touching involved. :(

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 04:23 PM
There was no hiney touching involved.

SicEm should be so lucky where he's going.

colleyvillesooner
7/14/2006, 04:39 PM
Ironically, I actually saw SOAD (and some band named Dial 7) open for the above mentioned Incubus at Fitzgerlad's in Houston right after their first CD came out. Small venue, strange set. Serj sang most of the songs through a bull horn.

I saw this same tour in Dallas for $6. Never even heard of SOAD before that night, but about 30 secs into the first song I was thinking "I don't know what is happening but it....is....awesome."

Beef
7/14/2006, 04:43 PM
I just love typing **** YOU, MOTHER****ERS!!!

Sooner_Bob
7/14/2006, 05:11 PM
Everybody’s going to the party have a real good time.
Dancing in the desert blowing up the sunshine.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-035.gif

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 05:38 PM
Everybody’s going to the party have a real good time.
Dancing in the desert blowing up the sunshine.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-035.gif

Why do you hate George Bush?

Al Gore
7/14/2006, 05:54 PM
That is sooooo f$$king cool Melo!!!!!!!!!!

My Opinion Matters
7/14/2006, 07:23 PM
I'm so out of touch it took me four pages to realize SOAD=System of a Down.

Melo
7/14/2006, 10:47 PM
I saw this same tour in Dallas for $6. Never even heard of SOAD before that night, but about 30 secs into the first song I was thinking "I don't know what is happening but it....is....awesome."

I just love typing **** YOU, MOTHER****ERS!!!

Right on, man.

Jerk
7/15/2006, 02:16 AM
melo- you're cute girl. Just...don't get into that tatoo thing too heavily. you won't be young forever.

Melo
7/15/2006, 02:23 AM
melo- you're cute girl. Just...don't get into that tatoo thing too heavily. you won't be young forever.

They all mean something to me. I dont care how they look, personally. So its whatever. Its the meaning that is important to me. And I dont even have many. Just a few, and theyre all tiny.

Jerk
7/15/2006, 02:59 AM
I hope I didn't offend you. I'm just sayin...some people go wayy overboard.

Melo
7/15/2006, 03:39 AM
I hope I didn't offend you. I'm just sayin...some people go wayy overboard.

I'm not trying to make a statement to anyone, and I am not trying to turn myself into something artistic. The ones I have just mean a lot to me, and I dont think they'll ever not mean something to me.

I realize that as I grow older, my veiws on life and other things will change. Thats why I dont cover myself in tattoos, because I dont want to look back and wonder why I did it. The things I have now... reminds me what I live for: Music, because music has been what has kept me going. Its my path, my boundry, my inspiration, my light at the end of the tunnel. Its everything to me, and it always has been. I dont really see that changing. Love, because I need to keep love in my heart, and to love my fellow humans, because the entire world needs more love. If everyone went about their lives with a little bit more love, the world would be a better place. Every day I wake up, I think to myself 'I can either be a bad person today, or I can be a good, loving person.' And every time, I choose to love. Because without love, humanity will propogate its own downfall. And lastly, no matter how important those things become to me, no matter how they make me feel, I'm still Melo. I can always look back at these, and remember who I am and who I was when I thought so hard about everything. And 20 years from now, if I hate them, the reminders will still be there. I think the things I have chosen to be, musical, loving and aware of myself... I dont think those are things I will be ashamed of when I am older. I think they are things that really express who I am deep down, express that I am aware of me, and the world around me. I think people older than myself have never truly found who they are, and that makes me sad. I realize I might not be completely there myself, but I know I have a good head start. And as long as I can keep remembering who I am, who I have been, where I've been, where I am going... then the other things... those will fall into place, more or less.

Uh.... /rant.

7/15/2006, 05:00 AM
http://www.maggiore.net/greenacres/images/cast_fred.jpg