PDA

View Full Version : Fan Appreciation Day?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/13/2006, 10:20 PM
When is the Fan Appreciation thing they do every year? My Mom and Dad were wanting to know and I couldn't find it online TIA!!!

nativesooner
7/13/2006, 11:58 PM
It will be on Aug the 4th I think the gates will open at 10....:D

SoonersEnFuego
7/14/2006, 08:27 AM
I'll be there at 9. Save me a spot.

MamaMia
7/14/2006, 08:37 AM
There was an article about it on the soonersports.com web site. It said that the Sooner Kids Club children will be given the opportunity to meet and greet the players at 9:45. The adults will not be allowed in until 10:30. It would suit me just fine if they weren't allowed in at all.

Boomer.....
7/14/2006, 10:29 AM
This is the event where the players sit at tables and people line up for autographs, correct?

mrowl
7/14/2006, 10:33 AM
This is the event where the players sit at tables and people line up for 3 hours for 1 autograph, correct?

fixed.

if you just hang out outside the locker room before or after practice times, you can get 20 more autographs.

this event should be just for kids.

Boomer.....
7/14/2006, 10:58 AM
That is what I thought.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/14/2006, 11:34 AM
It wasn't that bad a couple of years ago. My Mom told her students a couple of years ago that whoever read the most books would get a prize and it would be worth it. So she took the kid to the fan appreciation day because he was a huge Sooner fan. He got a ball signed by pretty much everyone. I don't really like asking for autographs so I wouldn't ever go, but the kids must love it because that kid has his ball in a case still over his bed and never takes it down :P

nativesooner
7/14/2006, 12:01 PM
I'll save you a spot EnFuego. I'd like to try and get Adrian's autograph. I figure if I don't make it up to the table in time at least I got off work and can go hit up the stores in Norman :) Bring your sunscreen and drink plenty of water!

The Consumate Showman
7/15/2006, 12:16 AM
The way Mossman puts this thing together is a joke. I like Mossman in most instances, but in this regard, he is being quite frankly, RETARDED. If he truly cared for our beloved young sooner fans, he would not set up the autograph tents in a player position matter which forces you to chose which players to try and get and which ones to pass over.

Instead, he should do like, oh.....THE REST OF THE FREAKIN' COUNRTY! Just line everyone up at one end and let them go from one end to the other and get everyone's autograph. Most of these people are kids anyways and they want AD and Bomar and Ru, so why not let them get all of them and not have to pick and choose? This is one area where I do not follow the direction of the media realtions department.

If any of you go this year, take a stroll over to the AD and Bomar lines and listen to how people will gripe about this awkward arrangement. And trust me guys, a friend of mine is a autograph dealer and he told me straight up that OU's media day is put together the worst of any colleges in the nation.

Sorry. That's my rant for this evening...

The Consumate Showman
7/15/2006, 04:26 PM
^ What do you folks think about this? Just wanted to get your thoughts...maybe.

Boomer.....
8/2/2006, 10:20 AM
Does anyone have a link to something talking about this event. I cannot find anything on it. I remember one year there was a map showing where each position would be set up at.

TIA

Snrfn4ever08
8/2/2006, 11:34 AM
i've already got peterson's autograph, that's all i need

Boomer.....
8/2/2006, 02:12 PM
That's all I want.

SOONER44EVER
8/2/2006, 03:44 PM
Its the thing where they show the fans appreciation by letting them stand in long lines on hot atrificial turf in 100+ degree heat with no water or beverages for 2 or 3 hours to get 4 or 5 autographs. I'll pass on all the appreciation.

OUstudent4life
8/2/2006, 04:42 PM
Well, fan appreciation day just became come meet your new qb day.

:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2006, 07:14 PM
Do you think we could get Heupel to grow a beard and become Hays McEachern?