PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Israel vs. Burka-Durkas

SeattleOUstudent
7/13/2006, 09:14 PM
Its 1-0 Israel so far early in the 1st

This thing is going to get bad!

As of Thurs night, the US has released all non-essential embassy members from the Beruit US Embassay.

Amid the violence, Israeli army chief Brig. Gen. Dan Halutz warned that “nothing is safe” in Lebanon.

Israeli warplanes stepped up the pressure early Friday, striking targets in the southern suburbs of Beirut where Hezbollah has its political headquarters, security officials said. The impact of at least four missiles were heard, but there was no immediate word on casualties.

The raid came just a few hours after Israeli planes dropped leaflets in south Beirut warning residents to avoid areas where Hezbollah operates.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13823680/

Okla-homey
7/13/2006, 09:21 PM
The raid came just a few hours after Israeli planes dropped leaflets in south Beirut warning residents to avoid areas where Hezbollah operates.

And if Hadji knows what's good for him, he will pack up his chit and GTFO! Muey pronto. Them IAF guys don't play.

jk the sooner fan
7/13/2006, 09:25 PM
Syria needs a serious *** beating.......i'd love to see Israel deliver it to them

slickdawg
7/13/2006, 09:26 PM
Syria needs a serious *** beating.......i'd love to see Israel deliver it to them

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jk the sooner fan again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jk the sooner fan again.

Okla-homey
7/13/2006, 09:28 PM

Damascus has been a sludgepit of "anti-everything but Arabs" for as long as I can remember. Nuke the dump. Please.

royalfan5
7/13/2006, 09:38 PM
You have to question if destabilizing the anti-Syrian gov't in Lebanon is a good way to go about that though. It's too bad the current Lebanese gov't doesn't have the political capital and power to do somethign about Hezbollaha. If Israel's actions destroy the gains of the Cedar Revolution, it will be a serious set-back to stability in the region beyond the conclusion of this action.

Okla-homey
7/13/2006, 09:41 PM
You have to question if destabilizing the anti-Syrian gov't in Lebanon is a good way to go about that though. It's too bad the current Lebanese gov't doesn't have the political capital and power to do somethign about Hezbollaha. If Israel's actions destroy the gains of the Cedar Revolution, it will be a serious set-back to stability in the region beyond the conclusion of this action.

Aw scru-it. just play "Whack-a-Mole" and pound the crap out of every Arab capitol anytime any of them make trouble.;)

royalfan5
7/13/2006, 09:45 PM
Aw scru-it. just play "Whack-a-Mole" and pound the crap out of every Arab capitol anytime any of them make trouble.;)
Won't someone think of all the Lebanese Christians? There are quite a few of them.

jk the sooner fan
7/13/2006, 09:46 PM

i'm not talking about thumping them on the ear lobe

i'm talking about a good old fashioned southern beat down

Okla-homey
7/13/2006, 09:46 PM
Won't someone think of all the Lebanese Christians? There are quite a few of them.

They're Coptics. Who cares?:O

royalfan5
7/13/2006, 09:47 PM
i'm not talking about thumping them on the ear lobe

i'm talking about a good old fashioned southern beat down
The Syrians or the Lebanese?

Okla-homey
7/13/2006, 09:47 PM
When's the last time them Syrians had a country a$$-whoopin'? 1973?

olevetonahill
7/13/2006, 09:51 PM
why don't we just back out and let em play their sand games ?
Im sick of hearing about all this **** :mad:

soonerthanu
7/13/2006, 09:53 PM
My company is going to be sending some people to Israel in the next couple of months. And I might be one of them :(

Mongo
7/13/2006, 09:54 PM
why don't we just back out and let em play their sand games ?
Im sick of hearing about all this **** :mad:

Lets finish in Iraq and let whatever happens elsewhere, let Israel handle the rest

olevetonahill
7/13/2006, 09:58 PM
Lets finish in Iraq and let whatever happens elsewhere, let Israel handle the rest
Trudat but those folks havnt gotten along in 10.000 yrs they Aint gonna start now
Let em kill each other and quit proping up any of em :eek:

picasso
7/13/2006, 10:53 PM
they live here in ne oklahoma.

Scott D
7/14/2006, 05:13 AM
Trudat but those folks havnt gotten along in 10.000 yrs they Aint gonna start now
Let em kill each other and quit proping up any of em :eek:

a voice of reason in the wilderness of obsessive aggression.

SoonerBorn68
7/14/2006, 05:36 AM
a voice of reason in the wilderness of obsessive aggression.

I say let Israel whoop the lot of 'em. They've done it before. I think they've played it pretty cool until Hezblowme killed 8 & kidnapped 2 IDF soldiers.

Unfortunately, we'll get dragged into it. That nut job in Iran is just itching to become the major power in the middle east and try to take out Israel. I wouldn't be suprised if he's orchestrated this.

nanimonai
7/14/2006, 06:44 AM
You can still pump oil from a nuclear wasteland, right?

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 07:57 AM
They're Coptics. Who cares?:O
No, that's Egypt. The Lebanese are mostly Maronite Catholic(who are in league with the Pope and the rest of the Catholics,) or Eastern Orthodox.

SeattleOUstudent
7/14/2006, 09:12 AM
Israel TV: Haifa residents ordered to go into bomb shelters.

Okla-homey
7/14/2006, 10:14 AM
No, that's Egypt. The Lebanese are mostly Maronite Catholic(who are in league with the Pope and the rest of the Catholics,) or Eastern Orthodox.

Fine, but they don't sing from the Broadman Hymnal or eat Wonder bread cubes and drink little plastic cups of Welch's grape juice at communion so that makes 'em only one degree removed from heathens.:D

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 10:18 AM
Fine, but they don't sing from the Broadman Hymnal or eat Wonder bread cubes and drink little plastic cups of Welch's grape juice at communion so that makes 'em only one degree removed from heathens.:D
Come on, we both know that alcohol is the key to what ever substantstiation you believe in, people who use grape juice might as well start condo shopping in hell.;) (just in case anyone thought I was serious with that comment) Also, Lebanses Christians make some bad-*** easter cookies, and that deserves some recognition.

KaiserSooner
7/14/2006, 10:28 AM

Thank you for correcting that.

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you for correcting that.
I have to use my BA in religon for something.

TexasLidig8r
7/14/2006, 10:34 AM
I kind of wonder what the United States response would be if a terrorist organization based in northern Mexico, started lobbing missiles or rockets into Arizona.. or California... then killed 8 American servicemen and took 2 as "prisoners."

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 10:38 AM
Hmmm.....

Israeli military sources say they believe the longer-range missiles fired yesterday at Haifa, Israel, were made in Iran.

Scott D
7/14/2006, 10:41 AM
I say let Israel whoop the lot of 'em. They've done it before. I think they've played it pretty cool until Hezblowme killed 8 & kidnapped 2 IDF soldiers.

Unfortunately, we'll get dragged into it. That nut job in Iran is just itching to become the major power in the middle east and try to take out Israel. I wouldn't be suprised if he's orchestrated this.

the prior isn't my problem with thigns....it's the latter.

Boffingham
7/14/2006, 10:45 AM
the lebs do make a good schwarma though

Tear Down This Wall
7/14/2006, 11:10 AM
I kind of wonder what the United States response would be if a terrorist organization based in northern Mexico, started lobbing missiles or rockets into Arizona.. or California... then killed 8 American servicemen and took 2 as "prisoners."

It'd be kind of like the Isreali response only bigger, with Stealth bombers destroying hella infrastructure for weeks on end.

SeattleOUstudent
7/14/2006, 05:09 PM
"We are ready for it -- war, war on every level," he said.

NOT GOOD!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/14/mideast/index.html

TopDaugIn2000
7/14/2006, 05:29 PM
I blame Bush.

:D

(can't believe it took 33 posts for this to appear)

Harry Beanbag
7/14/2006, 06:40 PM
I'm kind of half expecting some of those missing WMD's from Iraq that may or may not have been smuggled to Lebanon via Syria before the war to rear their ugly little heads.

GottaHavePride
7/14/2006, 08:30 PM
This is the best thread title we've had in a while.

SeattleOUstudent
7/15/2006, 09:50 AM
Israel 1- Burka Durkas-1, middle of the 2nd

Earlier, a senior Israeli intelligence official said Iranian troops helped Hezbollah fire a missile that damaged an Israeli warship off the Lebanese coast Friday night.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information, said about 100 Iranian soldiers are in Lebanon and helped fire the Iranian-made, radar-guided C-102 at the ship that killed one and left three missing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13853565/

Scott D
7/15/2006, 10:01 AM
Israel 1- Burka Durkas-1, middle of the 2nd

Earlier, a senior Israeli intelligence official said Iranian troops helped Hezbollah fire a missile that damaged an Israeli warship off the Lebanese coast Friday night.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information, said about 100 Iranian soldiers are in Lebanon and helped fire the Iranian-made, radar-guided C-102 at the ship that killed one and left three missing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13853565/

where are Sooner24 and Jerk to proclaim how this 'senior Israeli intelligence official' should be strung up by his toes and riddled with bullets for leaking sensitive information.

StoopTroup
7/15/2006, 10:14 AM
Is the War over yet?

SeattleOUstudent
7/15/2006, 11:49 AM
Is the War over yet?

I think there are 6 days left, now.

soonerscuba
7/15/2006, 12:18 PM
I think there are 8 billion years left, now.

fixed.

Mjcpr
7/16/2006, 11:50 AM
Interesting story....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13884768/

jk the sooner fan
7/16/2006, 11:58 AM
lebanon cried uncle first......"cease fire"

mdklatt
7/16/2006, 12:09 PM
Interesting story....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13884768/

This makes it sound like Israel collaborated with the US (and possibly sounded out Arab leaders) before beginning the military campaign. Am I reading that correctly?? Are we going to use this as a pretext for our own military action in Syria or let Israel do the dirty work while we focus on Iran?

Flagstaffsooner
7/16/2006, 12:25 PM
I kind of wonder what the United States response would be if a terrorist organization based in northern Mexico, started lobbing missiles or rockets into Arizona.. or California... then killed 8 American servicemen and took 2 as "prisoners."texas lawyer dude makes sense.:eek:

Jerk
7/16/2006, 04:27 PM
Hey guys, did you all know that the Rooster is from Atoka, OK? No sh*t!!

Big Red Ron
7/16/2006, 04:51 PM
Middle East in ten years will probably be a thick layer of glass. Especially since we have the tech. to do without oil now.

IronSooner
7/16/2006, 05:04 PM
I wonder what the octane rating would be on irradiated oil.

Big Red Ron
7/16/2006, 05:13 PM
We just go electric and Hydro-fuel cells. Screw the rest of the world.

opksooner
7/16/2006, 05:15 PM

Here ya go.
"Thank you Israel "

By Brigitte Gabriel

For the millions of Christian Lebanese, driven out of our homeland, "Thank you Israel," is the sentiment echoing from around the world. The Lebanese Foundation for Peace, an international group of Lebanese Christians, made the following statement in a press release to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert concerning the latest Israeli attacks against Hezbollah:

"We urge you to hit them hard and destroy their terror infrastructure. It is not [only] Israel who is fed up with this situation, but the majority of the silent Lebanese in Lebanon who are fed up with Hezbollah and are powerless to do anything out of fear of terror retaliation."

Their statement continues,

"On behalf of thousands of Lebanese, we ask you to open the doors of Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion Airport to thousands of volunteers in the Diaspora willing to bear arms and liberate their homeland from [Islamic] fundamentalism. We ask you for support, facilitation and logistics in order to win this struggle and achieve together the same objectives: Peace and Security for Lebanon and Israel and our future generations to come."

The once dominant Lebanese Christians responsible for giving the world "the Paris of the Middle East" as Lebanon used to be known, have been killed, massacred, driven out of their homes and scattered around the world as radical Islam declared its holy war in the 70s and took hold of the country. They voice an opinion that they and Israel have learned from personal experience, which is now belatedly being discovered by the rest of the world.

Big Red Ron
7/16/2006, 05:20 PM
The Lebs in OKC are amazing people! There are like 6 or 7 major families and they are all Dr.'s, Lawyers, Dentists, etc.. very nice and warm people. Mickey Homsey SHOULD be our DA right now.

Rogue
7/16/2006, 05:26 PM
Israelis are bombing northern Gaza now.

Okla-homey
7/16/2006, 05:41 PM
Israelis are bombing northern Gaza now.

Good. Every jihaadi they kill means one we don't have to kill.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3637/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzf15idfafym7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BTW, notice ol' Six-niner-five there in the foreground only needs one more jihaadi MiG and its an "ace."

TopDaugIn2000
7/16/2006, 05:49 PM
I sure wish I knew what was going on. I couldn't be more lost. between being on vacation and now taking care of a sick dog, I haven't read or seen any news in far too long (don't watch much of it anyway, but even less these past 2 weeks)

Okla-homey
7/16/2006, 05:55 PM
I sure wish I knew what was going on. I couldn't be more lost. between being on vacation and now taking care of a sick dog, I haven't read or seen any news in far too long (don't watch much of it anyway, but even less these past 2 weeks)

Cliffs Notes: The hezb'allah jihaadis have begun lobbing rockets indiscriminantly from Lebanese territory into Israeli population centers. Further, the Iranians and Syrians are probably involved. The Israelis are dealing with it. Upside, dead jihaadis. Downside, the oil market will probably spike. I predict 5.00 a gallon at the pump by Labor Day.

mdklatt
7/16/2006, 06:00 PM
BTW, notice ol' Six-niner-five there in the foreground only needs one more jihaadi MiG and its an "ace."

Plane for plane, the IAF can probably kick any air force in the world's ***, including ours.

Okla-homey
7/16/2006, 06:04 PM
Plane for plane, the IAF can probably kick any air force in the world's ***, including ours.

They don't have stealth technology so they would be at a huge disadvantage beyond visual range fighting us. That said, they can probably dogfight as good as anyone in the world. Good news, we'll never fight them. The evangelical Christian and Jewish population in this country simply couldn't abide it under any circumstances.

Jerk
7/16/2006, 06:29 PM
Israel considers each F-15 a national asset in the same way Britain saw a Battleship back in her Empire days.

critical_phil
7/16/2006, 06:44 PM
Did I hear a 'niner' in there? Are you posting from a walkie talkie?

Okla-homey
7/16/2006, 07:16 PM
Did I hear a 'niner' in there? Are you posting from a walkie talkie?

habit. I say wilco and negative a lot too.;)

Okla-homey
7/16/2006, 07:23 PM
Its usually best to just go ahead and kill people like this. Their brains are not wired properly.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8485/zzzzzzzzzzzzzinfi4ve1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jerk
7/16/2006, 07:23 PM
habit. I say wilco and negative a lot too.;)

I have an air force buddy who is a Major, former AWAX pilot now trainer up at Vance. He always says 'disregard that' if he wants to take something back. Cool guy, a boy in a man's body who flies T-38? jets and RC planes, plays video games, and drives motorcycles.

Okla-homey
7/16/2006, 07:25 PM
I have an air force buddy who is a Major, former AWAX pilot now trainer up at Vance. He always says 'disregard that' if he wants to take something back. Cool guy, a boy in a man's body who flies planes, plays video games, and drives motorcycles.

All I really learned in my undergraduate days was how to drink beer and chase wimmens. It prepared me well for my perfeshinul aviation career in the United States Air Force.:D

critical_phil
7/16/2006, 07:29 PM
He always says 'disregard that' if he wants to take something back.

known in the USN as belay my last......

jk the sooner fan
7/16/2006, 07:36 PM
i'm stuck on military lingo

when somebody asked me at work where "so and so is"

instead of saying "on vacation", i'll say "on leave"'