PDA

View Full Version : Pray that they find this sorry a**

Osce0la
7/13/2006, 01:02 PM
There was a girl that lives not too far from me that was killed this past weekend in a hit and run. She was in town visiting her family for the weekend (she is taking college classes over the summer) and decided she wanted to go to Taco Bell. The family (her, mother, father, brother) all got in their SUV and went. On their way home another car (who witnesses say was driving a little crazy and swerving and stuff) sideswiped their SUV and sent the SUV into oncoming traffic, where it was then hit by 2 other cars, killing the girl and her father. Her brother was fine, but her mother had to go to the hospital and was released, only to return the next day due to complications. They still haven't found the guy that caused the wreck...

The girl was only 20 years old.

Hatfield
7/13/2006, 01:05 PM
that is horrible

Osce0la
7/13/2006, 01:21 PM
They said it was a light colored (white, light blue, grey) Grand Marquis. I asked my wife last night if she saw a light colored Grand Marquis with damage on the drivers side would she get the tag number and call the cops...She agreed with me that she would call them. I know it may not be that person, but it is something I wouldn't want to take the chance on, and if someone mistook my car for a car that was involved in something like this I wouldn't mind the cops stopping by and questioning me even though I'm innocent ya know...I'd just be glad to know there are people out there trying to help. The city has offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest, but I don't think in good consience I could accept a reward for something like that. I'd have to give it to the mother/wife and brother/son that are left without their family.

olevetonahill
7/13/2006, 01:34 PM
They said it was a light colored (white, light blue, grey) Grand Marquis. I asked my wife last night if she saw a light colored Grand Marquis with damage on the drivers side would she get the tag number and call the cops...She agreed with me that she would call them. I know it may not be that person, but it is something I wouldn't want to take the chance on, and if someone mistook my car for a car that was involved in something like this I wouldn't mind the cops stopping by and questioning me even though I'm innocent ya know...I'd just be glad to know there are people out there trying to help. The city has offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest, but I don't think in good consience I could accept a reward for something like that. I'd have to give it to the mother/wife and brother/son that are left without their family.

I agree with the reward thing , I hope they catch the mother****er

Scott D
7/13/2006, 04:38 PM
They said it was a light colored (white, light blue, grey) Grand Marquis. I asked my wife last night if she saw a light colored Grand Marquis with damage on the drivers side would she get the tag number and call the cops...She agreed with me that she would call them. I know it may not be that person, but it is something I wouldn't want to take the chance on, and if someone mistook my car for a car that was involved in something like this I wouldn't mind the cops stopping by and questioning me even though I'm innocent ya know...I'd just be glad to know there are people out there trying to help.

Ironically my daughter got pulled over not long after moving back to Michigan because her vehicle matched a description....only reason the cop let her go was because she was nowhere near the description of the driver (the plates didn't match either..but the cop was just going by 'out of state' plates)

Osce0la
7/14/2006, 10:18 AM
They have caught the driver. He turned himself in late Wednesday night. (http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=193784&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1) They said on the news he panicked when the wreck occured...

Even so, he knew the severity of the situation, it was all over the local news...Why did it take you 4 days to turn yourself in. They also said they are trying to find out how wildly he was driving to determine whether or not he would be charged with manslaughter.

Scott D
7/14/2006, 10:58 AM
he was probably hoping that nobody was injured and wasn't watching the news. Then again I'm just throwing out best case scenarios.

Stanley1
7/14/2006, 11:00 AM
he was probably hoping that nobody was injured and wasn't watching the news. Then again I'm just throwing out best case scenarios.

Maybe we was "on" something and wanted to get it out of his system (as much as possible).