PDA

View Full Version : turnovers

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/13/2006, 12:07 PM
http://www.collegefootballresource.com/blog/2006/4/19/turnover-analysis-big-12.html

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.collegefootballresource.com/blog/2006/4/19/turnover-analysis-big-12.html
why does texas have a better margin than us after going through fumbles mcscramble?

Scott D
7/13/2006, 12:18 PM
because they were never put behind the 8 ball in the numbers by John Blake.

ZsoonersRule
7/13/2006, 12:19 PM
Exactly!!!!

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 12:20 PM
because they were never put behind the 8 ball in the numbers by John Blake.
only one blake year was on that list. i would still expect us to have a better margin

edit: nevermind, that one blake year was -6, stoops' first year was -6, and last year was -1. that's why

toast
7/13/2006, 12:25 PM
You know, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but there may be a correlation between turnover margin and the season record. That being said, hopefully our turnover margin will be +257 this season, give or take one or two.

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 12:27 PM
You know, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but there may be a correlation between turnover margin and the season record. That being said, hopefully our turnover margin will be +257 this season, give or take one or two.
i don't think there's too much correlation, the horn's margin wasn't exactly spectacular this year.

TheGodfather889
7/13/2006, 12:37 PM
Ever since Mike Stoops left the turnovers have gone on a steady decline.:(
Hopefully things will get back to normal as I think the defense will be awesome this year!

FaninAma
7/13/2006, 02:51 PM
Hopefully things will get back to normal as I think the defense will be awesome this year!

I think the coaching turnover has hurt OU's efforts to bring home another ring as much as anything. We will see if Long's departure is anet positive or negative this year.

colleyvillesooner
7/13/2006, 03:01 PM
why does texas have a better margin than us after going through fumbles mcscramble?

They also recovered ALOT of their own fumbles.

goingoneight
7/13/2006, 10:28 PM
I think the coaching turnover has hurt OU's efforts to bring home another ring as much as anything. We will see if Long's departure is anet positive or negative this year.

If only we could get a good OC to stick around like Brent Venables does for us...

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 10:44 PM
after seeing wilson coach the holiday bowl, i'm pretty sure that's a positive

Scott D
7/14/2006, 05:16 AM

at least they were never as low as Mike Stoops' first year.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/14/2006, 09:48 AM
If only we could get a good OC to stick around like Brent Venables does for us...

BV gets the right offer and he is GONE. He just hasn't gotten the attention yet, but he will. He'll probably go to the best program yet.

TO's have really been lacking. I missed the havock that our D line caused. QB's would toss the ball up for grabs all the time.

The only INT I remember from last year was Ingram's in the holiday bowl. We gotta do better.