PDA

View Full Version : Oil Prices on the Rise

Mjcpr
7/13/2006, 08:23 AM
The oil traders are puckering up because of the Israel issue in the Middle East. I guess that whole peace plan thing didn't work out then, right? I thought things were progressing fairly well then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose.

I didn't even think they had any oil where they're fighting. We should have $3 gas by Friday evening.

:mad:

Boomer.....
7/13/2006, 08:25 AM
Right when gas starts going down, something has to happen to shoot it back up again. :mad:

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2006, 08:37 AM
It was nearly $3/gal @ QT when I was driving to work.

Mjcpr
7/13/2006, 08:38 AM
It was $2.82 at QT yesterday....down from $2.87 which it had been for a while.

OhU1
7/13/2006, 08:42 AM
Get used to $3 gas and higher. It ain't coming back down to any large extent in the foreseeable future. Not that this will stop massive pickup trucks from zooming past me at 90 MPH on the HE Bailey. I can all but hear the whoosh of fluid being sucked through the passing truck's fuel pump.

slickdawg
7/13/2006, 08:55 AM
The oil traders are puckering up because of the Israel issue in the Middle East. I guess that whole peace plan thing didn't work out then, right? I thought things were progressing fairly well then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose.

I didn't even think they had any oil where they're fighting. We should have $3 gas by this afternoon.

:mad:

Fixed that for you.

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2006, 08:58 AM
Get used to $3 gas and higher. It ain't coming back down to any large extent in the foreseeable future. Not that this will stop massive pickup trucks from zooming past me at 90 MPH on the HE Bailey. I can all but hear the whoosh of fluid being sucked through the passing truck's fuel pump.

It would if we increased the supply of oil domestically (offshore and artice drilling that is now banned).

And if we increased refineing capacity (permitting & environmental laws make this unattractive to potential investors).

But we should only do that if we are pumping brazilians into researching better renewables than ethanol and hydrogen.

OhU1
7/13/2006, 09:06 AM
I think the market will ultimately resolve the "energy crisis". There hasn't been any incentive for innovation or investment since the early 80's. Given that oil can't last forever and the biggest suppliers hate our guts I think $3 a gallon gas may turn out to be best for us in the long term.

slickdawg
7/13/2006, 09:33 AM
I think the market will ultimately resolve the "energy crisis". There hasn't been any incentive for innovation or investment since the early 80's. Given that oil can't last forever and the biggest suppliers hate our guts I think $3 a gallon gas may turn out to be best for us in the long term.

That would be ideal, but Americans are too complacent, and will just continue
to accept it.

Petro-Sooner
7/13/2006, 09:49 AM
:texan:

Mjcpr
7/13/2006, 09:51 AM
The way it's escalating over there, we should have nuclear strikes going on by lunchtime.

slickdawg
7/13/2006, 10:05 AM
The way it's escalating over there, we should have nuclear strikes going on by lunchtime.

W hacked me off this morning, calling this a "lose lose situation"

Terrorists attacked Israel, and Israel is responding. They have zero
tolerance for this stuff, and aren't protected by thousands of miles
of ocean.

So it was lose lose for us to go into Afghanistan?

And I am extremely proud of the Israeli government for standing up for
their soldiers.

If ours are taken hostage, we just kinda sit around.

Israel says "free them or we will kill your prime minister", then act upon it.

etouffee
7/13/2006, 10:09 AM
And I am extremely proud of the Israeli government for standing up for
their soldiers.

If ours are taken hostage, we just kinda sit around.

Israel says "free them or we will kill your prime minister", then act upon it.Yeah, I can just imagine how well THAT would go over if we did something similar. The moonbats' heads would explode if we ever showed that kind of resolve.