PDA

View Full Version : Nut Job of the week

Sooner in Tampa
7/13/2006, 07:14 AM
I don't really much care about his whacked out views...the only problem that I have is this guy is a professor at a large university and he is allowed to teach in his class that 9/11 was an inside job. :confused: Are professors allowed to teach that Kennedy was shot by the CIA ? Are professors allowed to teach that we really did not land on the moon ?

I am all about critical thinking, but this is a little too much.

Meet Kevin Barrett. He’s an instructor at the University of Wisconsin, and he says the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 were an “inside job.”
No, I’m not kidding. On Fox News Channel the other night, he told Sean Hannity, “I don’t believe, I do know that 9/11 was an inside job.” As in, the Bush administration did it. He went on to proclaim that the evidence for this ludicrous declaration is “overwhelming.”

“Why would our government do this? To trigger a war that will not end in our lifetime,” says Kevin Barrett, a lecturer for UW-Madison who will teach a course on Islam this fall.

But then again acadamia (sp?) has moved further and further to the left and lives with by double stand

But as my friend David French has pointed out (http://phibetacons.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MWFlYmY5M2U2MGM3ZmRmMDJjYThmMzE0MGRjMTkwMWE=), you’d be wrong. Earlier this year, UW had to be shamed—via months of negative media attention culminating in a Board of Regents intervention (http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/index.php?ntid=74671&ntpid=2)—into allowing a resident assistant to hold a private, totally non-mandatory and non-threatening Bible study in his dorm room.

Link (http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/challenges.php?id=162564)

Vaevictis
7/13/2006, 07:24 AM
My favorite is when the 9/11 wingnuts say stuff like, "There's no way it could have fallen that fast! Even at 32 ft/s^2, it would have taken something like 30 seconds for gravity to make it hit the ground!"

I giggle every time I see that.

MamaMia
7/13/2006, 08:01 AM
Well, the children are taught that Columbus discovered America, even though there were already people here. Go figure.

Mjcpr
7/13/2006, 08:13 AM
Well, the children are taught that Columbus discovered America, even though there were already people here. Go figure.

Settle down, he discovered them too.

;)

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2006, 08:13 AM
wacademics like this guy shouldn't be allowed to teach, ever.

They should fire this nutjob, and the guy that hired him.

GDC
7/13/2006, 08:35 AM
I heard a professor say yesterday the Lion King is a rip-off of Hamlet, now that's whack.

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2006, 08:38 AM
I heard a professor say yesterday the Lion King is a rip-off of Hamlet, now that's whack.

How dare some wacademic insult the lion king like that.

Frozen Sooner
7/13/2006, 10:52 AM
I don't really much care about his whacked out views...the only problem that I have is this guy is a professor at a large university and he is allowed to teach in his class that 9/11 was an inside job. :confused: Are professors allowed to teach that Kennedy was shot by the CIA ? Are professors allowed to teach that we really did not land on the moon ?

I am all about critical thinking, but this is a little too much.

But then again acadamia (sp?) has moved further and further to the left and lives with by double stand

Link (http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/challenges.php?id=162564)

Not to pick nits, but nowhere in the quoted stuff does it say that he's actually TEACHING that, only that he believes it and he's going to be lecturing on Islam.

I know plenty of physics and maths professors with rather strange views on politics and other things.

Sooner in Tampa
7/13/2006, 11:00 AM
Not to pick nits, but nowhere in the quoted stuff does it say that he's actually TEACHING that, only that he believes it and he's going to be lecturing on Islam.

I know plenty of physics and maths professors with rather strange views on politics and other things.This article doesn't get into that portion of...he was on Hannity and Combs and he proudly said that he TEACHES this in his class...he has proof the 9/11 was orchestrated by the U.S. Government...specifically Dick Cheney.:rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
7/13/2006, 11:04 AM
Dick Cheney? Dick Cheney can't even orchestrate an "accidental" hunting accident without ****ing it up.

;)

Osce0la
7/13/2006, 11:14 AM
We landed on the moon? :confused: