PDA

View Full Version : OU Football Question

oKOIhoma fan
7/13/2006, 06:59 AM
Hello All,
I am new to the fourm. I have been a lifelong Sooner fan. My Grandfather got his degree there, his father did, my father got two degress there. Of course my father moved us out to South carolina before I had a chance to go. We visited my grandparents in OKC every summer. I actually got to go to my first OU game (Clemson has always been my second home on football saturdays) Two years ago, and I felt right at home. Anyone willing to charter a weekly flight for me? Enough of that on to the question.

I have been reading this book "Sooner century 100 glourious years of Sooner football" by Brent Clark. I really have enjoyed it. During the early years, the book keeps mentioning the Oklahoma A&M Aggies. I often see on here that you refer to OSU as they aggies. Did State used to be the A&M aggies? That would certainly help lessen my confussion. I enjoy the board. Heres to another championship.

ZsoonersRule
7/13/2006, 07:08 AM
Yes, Oklahoma a&m became osu

opksooner
7/13/2006, 07:13 AM
Yes, Oklahoma a&m became osu
Yes.......and they're still aggies.

BoomerJack
7/13/2006, 07:14 AM
Oklahoma State University used to be named Oklahoma A&M. It was changed in the mid-1950's I believe. But I'm not sure if their nickname was "aggies" before the change or not. Their Pistol Pete mascot has been used for years and years.

I do know that if you want to P.O. an OSU student/alum/fan, just refer to them as an "aggy" or "aggies". It really gets a rise out of them; really quite amusing.

Sooner in Tampa
7/13/2006, 07:24 AM
I do know that if you want to P.O. an OSU student/alum/fan, just refer to them as an "aggy" or "aggies". It really gets a rise out of them; really quite amusing.It is always fun to watch an aggy get their panties all up in a wad :D

oKOIhoma fan
7/13/2006, 07:39 AM
Thanks guys for the info.

TheGodfather889
7/13/2006, 12:44 PM
I really think Texas fans and Oklahoma State fans are the same thing. They always seem to use other teams to try to bring OU down.