PDA

View Full Version : Is Israel at war?

Jerk
7/12/2006, 08:19 PM
Now might be a good time to fill up that tank.

I don't know if Bush can stop them this time.

Expect to see countless pictures of wounded and dead pali civilians on the news, over and over again, until they think you're convinced who are the evil doers.

Have at it, Israel. Put your foot in their arse.

StoopTroup
7/12/2006, 08:20 PM
Does he need to stop them?

Jerk
7/12/2006, 08:24 PM
Does he need to stop them?

No, he needs to give them more bombs and missiles.

afs
7/12/2006, 08:24 PM
I can't wait until Syria gives Lebanon and sends in troops then Israel will withdraw and Syria will keep troops in Lebanon and Israel will keep troops in the Gaza strip and then the past 6 months will be erased.

mrowl
7/13/2006, 01:50 PM
its getting worse.

http://www.cnn.com/

etouffee
7/13/2006, 01:53 PM
I can't wait until Syria gives Lebanon and sends in troops then Israel will withdraw not bloodly likely. israel isn't going to back down from syria.

White House Boy
7/13/2006, 01:54 PM
I'm tellin' ya, don't mess with Israel.

Yahweh has one huge whoopin' stick. And putting Allah in a fight with Yahweh is like having Craig Ehlo guarding MJ.

White House Boy
7/13/2006, 01:56 PM
Crack open your Bibles boys and girls, for prophecy is unfolding before our eyes.

Mjcpr

Yahweh has one huge whoopin' stick. And putting Allah in a fight with Yahweh is like having Craig Ehlo guarding MJ.

I appreciate it and all but Ehlo would school me.

slickdawg

Yahweh has one huge whoopin' stick. And putting Allah in a fight with Yahweh is like having Kenny Stabler guarding MJ.

Wow, that bad?

White House Boy
7/13/2006, 02:02 PM
Wow, that bad?

Not as bad as posting pictures of....

;)

mdklatt
7/13/2006, 02:03 PM
Israel's always at war.

SoonerInKCMO
7/13/2006, 02:05 PM

There is some disagreement from people that want to further separate Islam from Judaism and Christianity, but most people agree that Yahweh and Allah are the same d00d.

White House Boy
7/13/2006, 02:19 PM
There is some disagreement from people that want to further separate Islam from Judaism and Christianity, but most people agree that Yahweh and Allah are the same d00d.

Then I'm not one of those included in the term "most people."

SoonerInKCMO
7/13/2006, 02:23 PM
Crack open your Bibles boys and girls, for prophecy is unfolding before our eyes.

Such as?

Here's the thing about people claiming that Bible prophecy is unfolding - it always seems to be after the fact. They'll see some portentous seeming event in the Middle East and then go to their Bible to find something that resembles the event. I want somebody to make some specific predictions. Look in Revelations and make a prediction about a specific event that's going to happen.

royalfan5
7/13/2006, 02:35 PM
Such as?

Here's the thing about people claiming that Bible prophecy is unfolding - it always seems to be after the fact. They'll see some portentous seeming event in the Middle East and then go to their Bible to find something that resembles the event. I want somebody to make some specific predictions. Look in Revelations and make a prediction about a specific event that's going to happen.
Well, 4 d00ds on horses just rode by my window. But it's probably nothing.

JohnnyMack
7/13/2006, 02:36 PM
Such as?

How very Nostradamus of them.

SoonerInKCMO
7/13/2006, 02:45 PM
Well, 4 d00ds on horses just rode by my window. But it's probably nothing.

Did they look like this?
http://www.bookofrevelation.net/ch6_pat_11_4%20horsemen_small.jpg

Mjcpr
7/13/2006, 02:46 PM
Are they those Notre Dame cats?

royalfan5
7/13/2006, 02:46 PM
Did they look like this?
http://www.bookofrevelation.net/ch6_pat_11_4%20horsemen_small.jpg
Kinda, I didn't get a real good look.

Penguin
7/13/2006, 02:51 PM
Such as?

I probably won't be too worried unless the mosque on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is destroyed.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/13/2006, 02:54 PM
There is some disagreement from people that want to further separate Islam from Judaism and Christianity, but most people agree that Yahweh and Allah are the same d00d.So what? How many people wanting to kill infidels does it take to really screw things up...A) not many!

SoonerInKCMO
7/13/2006, 02:57 PM
So what? How many people wanting to kill infidels does it take to really screw things up...A) not many!

Right, it doesn't take many folks to screw things up. I was just putting it out there, in response to WHB referring to Allah & Yahweh as separate entities, that many people consider them to be the same.

7/13/2006, 03:00 PM
Right, it doesn't take many folks to screw things up. I was just putting it out there, in response to WHB referring to Allah & Yahweh as separate entities, that many people consider them to be the same.For all we know...

swardboy
7/13/2006, 03:05 PM

Hardly..

HISTORY OF http://www.members.tripod.com/crossbearer-brian/1x1.gifALLAH, THE MOON GOD
http://www.members.tripod.com/crossbearer-brian/1x1.gif
"According to Scripture, the ancestors of modern Arabs can be traced back to Shem and are properly known as Semites. Shem's descendant Eber gave rise to two lines: Peleg's line, from which Abraham is descended, and Joktan's line, which contains the names of many Arab groups. However, many Arab tribes trace their ancestry to Ishmael, the firstborn son of Abraham.
Their religion was polytheistic and was related to the paganism of the ancient Semites. The beings it adored were in origin the inhabitants and patrons of single places, living in trees, fountains, and especially in sacred stones. There were some gods in the true sense, transcending in their authority the boundaries of purely tribal cults. The three most important were Manat, `Uzza, and Allat. These three were themselves subordinate to a higher deity, usually called Allah.
The tribal faith centered around the tribal god, symbolized usually by a stone, sometimes by some other object. Apostasy was the equivalent of treason.
The Koran mentions these pagan deities in Sura 53:19-20: “Have ye seen Lat, and `Uzza, and another, the third (goddess), Manat?” This is followed by an assertion (vss. 21-23) that these goddesses, the daughters of ALLAH the MOON GOD according to pre-Islamic Arab theology, are mere human creations that divide God into parts. These deities were popular at Mecca at the time of Muhammad's birth. Lat, or al-Lat (“the goddess”), was the sun god; (Uzza, or al-'Uzza (“the mighty one”), the planet Venus; and Manat, the god of good fortune. Other gods mentioned in the Quran include Wadd (another Moon god, mentioned above), Suw`a, Yaghuth, and Nasr (Sura 71:23). Of these gods, al-`Uzza appears to be the supreme deity in Mecca.
It is believed by some scholars that Allah, or al-Ilah (“the god”), can be traced to Ilah, the South Arabian MOON GOD. Henotheism, or the worship of only one god while not denying the existence of other gods, may have existed in pre-Islamic society."

Scott D
7/13/2006, 04:41 PM
It seems to me that Islam and Christianity and Judaism all have the same god, and he's telling them all different things.

:)

PAW
7/13/2006, 04:58 PM
Quote:
It seems to me that Islam and Christianity and Judaism all have the same god, and he's telling them all different things.

:)

I'm thinking the issue is more on the listening end than the telling end. ;)

Scott D
7/13/2006, 04:59 PM
it's really quite humorous if you think about it in relation to the quote.. Billy Connolly is greatness.

JohnnyMack
7/13/2006, 05:06 PM
And boom goes the dynamite.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060713/060713_beirutairport_hlg_1p.h2.jpg

Sooner98
7/13/2006, 05:21 PM

Yahweh = has a son (Jesus)
Allah = claims to not have a son in the Koran

How can they be the same if they are the complete opposite in this regard?

mdklatt
7/13/2006, 05:25 PM
Yahweh = has a son (Jesus)
Allah = claims to not have a son in the Koran

How can they be the same if they are the complete opposite in this regard?

Christians are the odd man out when it comes to God having a son....

slickdawg
7/13/2006, 06:21 PM
God gave Christians nuclear weapons first. :D

Jerk
7/13/2006, 06:35 PM
Christians are the odd man out when it comes to God having a son....

nevermind, these arguments just don't make any difference.

SOONER44EVER
7/13/2006, 06:48 PM
Israel's always at war.
Exactly what I was thinking.

7/13/2006, 07:07 PM
I probably won't be too worried unless the mosque on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is destroyed.

Why would you worry about this?

I believe God's basal reason for showing up as a Human here among us was to tell us to ease up on the rules governing the nature of a people who were putting too much emphasis on the very rules that dictated their lives through governance and slavery.

In the end, I think our need for laws and a governing power will be our demise. At that point, I figure God will come out with Human v.II in a nifty collectors box and do His best to forget the whole demo run.

(/partially kidding)

SoonerBorn68
7/13/2006, 07:11 PM
Israel's always at war.

Maybe if every Arab nation wasn't trying to eradicate them at one time or another...

royalfan5
7/13/2006, 07:16 PM
I wonder what Israel will do if their efforts lead to the collaspe of the Christian-led Lebanese gov't. Essentially, they are punishing them for being for being unwilling/unable to control Hezbollah(which is supplied from outside and battle hardened) with their substantially weaker state forces, as well as lacking a popular base from which to do so with in the country. If the Israeli actions plunge Lebanon back into civil war, and/or cripple their growing economy, will they end up having to deal with more terrorist activty to their north, than they would have with the current Lebansese regime which was making progress to restoring the robust economy of their pre-civil war period. It will be interesting to see.

JohnnyMack
7/13/2006, 07:55 PM
This is such a no win situation. If we don't back Israel, it gets wiped off the face of the earth. If we do back Israel (which we have and will continue to do) we continue to be villified by Iran and its many minions. No good can come of this. Just don't be surprised the next time there is a terrorist attack on our soil.

picasso
7/13/2006, 08:16 PM
This is such a no win situation. If we don't back Israel, it gets wiped off the face of the earth. If we do back Israel (which we have and will continue to do) we continue to be villified by Iran and its many minions. No good can come of this. Just don't be surprised the next time there is a terrorist attack on our soil.
who's going to wipe them off the face of the earth? nobody there can hang with them.

JohnnyMack
7/13/2006, 08:21 PM
who's going to wipe them off the face of the earth? nobody there can hang with them.

I don't wanna see the day when they p*ss Iran off good.

Penguin
7/13/2006, 08:22 PM
It's time to launch the nucular missiles, Dick.

royalfan5
7/13/2006, 08:26 PM
Everybody needs to remember that Israel is geared for low instensity conflict, or they have to swing for the fences fast against an Arab Coalition. Israel needs a short war if it comes to that because they don't have the depth for a protacted period of all out conflict.

Mongo
7/13/2006, 08:29 PM
make no mistake, Israel will not hesitate to use a US made nuke if the tide turns for the worse

Okla-homey
7/13/2006, 09:17 PM
I predict 5.00 a gallon by Labor Day over all this. Seriously

slickdawg
7/13/2006, 09:27 PM

I was thinking we'd be at 4 on labor day BEFORE this, now, 5+ easy.

OUDoc
7/13/2006, 09:35 PM
Since Lebanon ranks 120th in oil production (Link) (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2173rank.html) I see no reason why speculators don't go for broke. They're 87 spots below Equatorial Guinea. I'm sure some headhunters got some bad meat in Guinea, why can't we reach $10/gallon? :mad:

royalfan5
7/13/2006, 09:41 PM
Since Lebanon ranks 120th in oil production (Link) (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2173rank.html) I see no reason why speculators don't go for broke. They're 87 spots below Equatorial Guinea. I'm sure some headhunters got some bad meat in Guinea, why can't we reach $10/gallon? :mad:
Of course, Iran is backing Hezbollaha, and if Iran's involvement widenens, that will involve plenty of oil. Not to mention if the Arab street gets all riled up in some of the other OPEC nations, you could see rioting that disrupts oil flow.

jk the sooner fan
7/13/2006, 09:47 PM
time to start breaking ice up in alaska and drill there....

Sooner98
7/13/2006, 10:16 PM
make no mistake, Israel will not hesitate to use a US made nuke if the tide turns for the worse

Israel has a military scenario called the "Samson Option". Most people have heard of the biblical story of Samson, who, when he knew that he was basically finished, pushed apart the pillars of the house where he and his enemies were, killing himself and everyone around him. Likewise, if modern day Israel knows that defeat at the hands of all its enemies around it is inevitable, it will unleash its entire nuclear arsenal upon all the Arab nations around it, making sure that no one wins in such a conflict. Sort of like its own "mutually assured destruction" deterrent for the Arab nations to think about.

JohnnyMack
7/13/2006, 10:19 PM
Israel has a military scenario called the "Samson Option". Most people have heard of the biblical story of Samson, who, when he knew that he was basically finished, pushed apart the pillars of the house where he and his enemies were, killing himself and everyone around him. Likewise, if modern day Israel knows that defeat at the hands of all its enemies around it is inevitable, it will unleash its entire nuclear arsenal upon all the Arab nations around it, making sure that no one wins in such a conflict. Sort of like its own "mutually assured destruction" deterrent for the Arab nations to think about.

Price of gas = http://www.boutons.com/animation/infinity.gif

afs
7/13/2006, 10:20 PM
if that's true, that's one big pair of balls

SoonerBorn68
7/13/2006, 10:26 PM
I just wonder if this whole thing was cooked up by that nut job in Iran, ie, putting Hezblowme & Hummer to pick on Israel so Iran could flex its nuclear muscle.

OUinFLA
7/13/2006, 10:32 PM

care to toss in a Cat 4 or 5 up the Houston-NOLA alley?

Mongo
7/13/2006, 10:33 PM

I know the story of Sampson, but I dont think Israel will destroy everything they have worked for, and all those whom have died working for it, and destroy themselves too. They dont have a "I cant have it, so you cant either" mentallity.

They will do everything they can to preserve what they have. They probably have the ground zero's "closest to Israel as we can get without hurting ourselves."

I agree they dont have the forces to sustain a prolonged war, but it would only take one nuke, on any country(Iran), for the rest of those arab poons to halt any military invasion and fall back on terrorism.

OUinFLA
7/13/2006, 10:35 PM
neutron bomb
me thinks they have one or two

olevetonahill
7/13/2006, 10:43 PM
Im glad ive lived a good hunk of my life . Sad for my grandkids :mad:

OUinFLA
7/13/2006, 10:46 PM
Im glad ive lived a good hunk of my life . Sad for my grandkids :mad:

You havent lived long enough until we go boating a few more times together.

Mongo
7/13/2006, 10:46 PM
should we all stop posting in this thread and start posting in the "Official" thread. I mean it has been deemed "official"

olevetonahill
7/13/2006, 10:54 PM
You havent lived long enough until we go boating a few more times together.
Tru dat
But you gotta let me fish next time :P
Hell if the warden type person comes around Ill jump in with the fishing pole and just say Look what I found :D

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2006, 11:10 PM
I just wonder if this whole thing was cooked up by that nut job in Iran, ie, putting Hezblowme & Hummer to pick on Israel so Iran could flex its nuclear muscle.

I think that may be the case, considering this...

WASHINGTON — Western powers have set July 12 as a deadline for Iran to suspend uranium enrichment and agree to talks on its nuclear program or face the threat of U.N. Security Council sanctions, diplomats said Monday.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201926,00.html

We will probably be doing our kids a big favor by taking care of Iran now, rather than later.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/211095/0_23_070306_iran.jpg

picasso
7/13/2006, 11:36 PM
I don't wanna see the day when they p*ss Iran off good.
you don't think Israel is capable of handling Iran? I mean, we wouldn't want to mess with Israel ourselves.

7/14/2006, 12:29 AM
This is such a no win situation. If we don't back Israel, it gets wiped off the face of the earth. If we do back Israel (which we have and will continue to do) we continue to be villified by Iran and its many minions. No good can come of this. Just don't be surprised the next time there is a terrorist attack on our soil.I don't think there's anything we can do politically to prevent another terrorist attack. All we can do to prevent attacks is find the terrorists, and kill their putred asses.

White House Boy
7/14/2006, 08:03 AM
We will probably be doing our kids a big favor by taking care of Iran now, rather than later.

Personally speaking, I think we should've "taken care" of Iran during the Carter administration.

Just sayin'.

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 08:07 AM
Personally speaking, I think we should've "taken care" of Iran during the Carter administration.

Just sayin'.
Do you really think the United States would have the will for an invasion and protracted occupation in 1979? I somehow doubt the Carter would have had the poltical capital to properly "take care" of Iran. The United States would of had to occupy Iran for a long time to keep Iran from becoming a failed state. I don't think the political will would have been there for that.

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 08:07 AM
Simmah down!

Lebanon calls for a cease-fire (http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/14/mideast/index.html)

Israel bombed and shelled Beirut's airport for a second day as Lebanon's prime minister called for a cease-fire between Hezbollah and Israel. Prime Minister Fouad Siniora spoke with President Bush by phone. Siniora said Bush promised to press Israel to halt its attacks on Lebanon, according to The Associated Press. There was no U.S. confirmation of the promise.

White House Boy
7/14/2006, 08:11 AM
Do you really think the United States would have the will for an invasion and protracted occupation in 1979? I

Not only "no," but "HECK NO!"

I somehow doubt the Carter would have had the poltical capital to properly "take care" of Iran. The United States would of had to occupy Iran for a long time to keep Iran from becoming a failed state. I don't think the political will would have been there for that.

I totally agree.

Vaevictis
7/14/2006, 08:23 AM
I'm thinking Iran would be a bit of a stretch for Israel.

I don't doubt their badassedness or their ability to destroy the command structures in Iran, but I don't think they the ability to actually do any take-and-hold type operations. The supply lines would be a nightmare (unless they took the Suez again, which would open up its own can of worms), and the amount of people they'd have to call up would probably ruin their economy.

If that's the case, then there's really no point in trying to "take out" Iran for them. Failed states suit their enemies too.

Israel is quite capable of handling any direct attacks, or pursuing forays into neighboring states, however. Lebannon, Syria, no problem. Egypt is a little harder, but I think they can manage.

JohnnyMack
7/14/2006, 08:55 AM
you don't think Israel is capable of handling Iran? I mean, we wouldn't want to mess with Israel ourselves.

No I don't. Not a protracted engagement. They can turn them all into glow-in-the-dark towel heads, but they don't wanna go toe to toe.

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 08:57 AM
they don't wanna go toe to toe.

Friggin' sweet! You got a pic?

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2006, 09:04 AM
Simmah down!

If only Lebannon had a say over whats going on.

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 09:06 AM
If only Lebannon had a say over whats going on.

But Bush does, if what that said is true.

picasso
7/14/2006, 09:12 AM
I'm thinking Iran would be a bit of a stretch for Israel.

I don't doubt their badassedness or their ability to destroy the command structures in Iran, but I don't think they the ability to actually do any take-and-hold type operations. The supply lines would be a nightmare (unless they took the Suez again, which would open up its own can of worms), and the amount of people they'd have to call up would probably ruin their economy.

If that's the case, then there's really no point in trying to "take out" Iran for them. Failed states suit their enemies too.

Israel is quite capable of handling any direct attacks, or pursuing forays into neighboring states, however. Lebannon, Syria, no problem. Egypt is a little harder, but I think they can manage.
I'm not talking about occupation here.:)

Vaevictis
7/14/2006, 09:13 AM
Well then, yeah, Israel could defend themselves against invasion, and blow a lot of stuff up with air strikes and missile strikes. It would suck to be Iran in that case, but I doubt it would change their behavior. They'd just end up smuggling more terrorists in.

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2006, 09:15 AM
But Bush does, if what that said is true.
Everything I have read about it says the Iran and Syria's terrorists army pretty much owns southern Lebannon. So it appears some house cleaning in is order.

And someone should remind the leader of Iran of this little quote...

"Come and get them."
Leonidas response to Xerxes.

picasso
7/14/2006, 09:16 AM
Well then, yeah, Israel could defend themselves against invasion, and blow a lot of stuff up with air strikes and missile strikes. It would suck to be Iran in that case, but I doubt it would change their behavior. They'd just end up smuggling more terrorists in.
true but they need to feel a little pain since they have a large hand in this'n here confrontation.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 09:17 AM
All of these turds scare the crap out of me.

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2006, 09:18 AM

Don't let it.

It turns out all-good in the end. :D

Zechariah 12:1-5: This is the word of the Lord concerning Israel. The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares: "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness," declares the Lord. "I will keep a watchful eye over the house of Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. Then the leaders of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the Lord Almighty is their God.'

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 09:19 AM

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 09:27 AM

I'm surprised you remember how to spell it.

:twinkies:

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised you remember how to spell it.

:twinkies:

Well, we have cats.....

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 09:35 AM
They're just so extreme and knee-jerky. I know that could be good in some cases but sometimes things could be worked out other ways.

But then again, some of them only understand extreme. Nothing else makes an impact of gets their attention.

I guess that's the part that scares me.

SoonerInKCMO
7/14/2006, 10:28 AM
Don't let it.

It turns out all-good in the end. :D

And this is what scares me. People and their 'end-times' theology. :shudder:

White House Boy
7/14/2006, 10:31 AM
And this is what scares me. People and their 'end-times' theology. :shudder:

Your avatar scares me. :shudder:

Vaevictis
7/14/2006, 10:31 AM
You know what's awesome about end-times theology?

You know how few people are supposed to be chosen? Think about how many people think they're going to get chosen.

I just giggle uncontrollably when I think about that. Somebody's in for a big suprise.

SoonerInKCMO
7/14/2006, 10:34 AM
Your avatar scares me. :shudder:

Aye-ayes are cute dammit!! :mad:

SoonerInKCMO
7/14/2006, 10:35 AM
http://www.rp-online.de/layout/showbilder/7735-225339_BRITAIN_AYE_AYE_LON119.jpg

See?!?!?

Vaevictis
7/14/2006, 10:35 AM
Aye-ayes are cute dammit!! :mad:

UNTIL THEY RIP YOUR FACE OFF!

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 10:37 AM
:les: CHUPACABRA!!!

JohnnyMack
7/14/2006, 10:38 AM
Now the Israelis say the missles that Hezbollah fired yesterday were Iranian.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 10:42 AM
Uh-oh.

picasso
7/14/2006, 10:42 AM

You know how few people are supposed to be chosen? Think about how many people think they're going to get chosen.

I just giggle uncontrollably when I think about that. Somebody's in for a big suprise.
chosen for what? or do you mean left behind? if this amuses you then you're a sad person.

TexasLidig8r
7/14/2006, 10:45 AM
My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Teheran and Damascus forever. The bombing begins in five minutes. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/129.html)
http://www.senorcafe.com/archives/RWR.jpg

White House Boy
7/14/2006, 10:46 AM
http://www.rp-online.de/layout/showbilder/7735-225339_BRITAIN_AYE_AYE_LON119.jpg

See?!?!?

I stand corrected. It looks downright cuddly. Can you domesticate those?

mrowl
7/14/2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.dfw.com/images/dfw/dfw/15038/226155894518.jpg

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 10:52 AM

Narrow is the gate.

Vaevictis
7/14/2006, 10:54 AM
chosen for what? or do you mean left behind? if this amuses you then you're a sad person.

There's a (apparently) reasonably sized contingent of wingnut Christians who want the end times to come. These are almost invariably (of the ones I've met) the people who think they're going to be "taken" before all of the accompanying carnage.

Further, from this same set of people, I've heard that very small numbers of people are actually going to be taken -- thousands -- and that there are many many thousands of people who believe this sort of thing.

The irony of the situation -- that there is a big chunk of people who want the end times to come, each thinking that they're going to be taken, when most won't -- is what makes me giggle uncontrollably.

Personally, I think anyone who wants the end times to come is insane. Let God do what God wants to do, but *wanting* all the carnage to come to pass? Craziness.

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 10:55 AM

I think he means stuff like "many are called, few are chosen". "those he foreknew, he also predestined.." "...the elect of God..."

picasso
7/14/2006, 10:57 AM
There's a (apparently) reasonably sized contingent of wingnut Christians who want the end times to come. These are almost invariably (of the ones I've met) the people who think they're going to be "taken" before all of the accompanying carnage.

Further, from this same set of people, I've heard that very small numbers of people are actually going to be taken -- thousands -- and that there are many many thousands of people who believe this sort of thing.

The irony of the situation -- that there is a big chunk of people who want the end times to come, each thinking that they're going to be taken, when most won't -- is what makes me giggle uncontrollably.

It's like when a snarky little kid insists on spraying Off through a lit match, and burns his eyebrows off. How is that not funny?
look, I realize many are going to be turned away by the almighty but that isn't a reason for laughter in my book.

Vaevictis
7/14/2006, 10:59 AM
look, I realize many are going to be turned away by the almighty but that isn't a reason for laughter in my book.

It ain't that many are going to be turned away that amuses me. What amuses me is the fact that so many are *eager* for the it to come, oh so certain that they're among the elect, but there's absolutely no way all of them -- probably not even *most* -- of them are correct.

It's dark humor. But I like dark humor.

picasso
7/14/2006, 11:02 AM
It ain't that many are going to be turned away that amuses me. What amuses me is the fact that so many are *eager* for the it to come, oh so certain that they're among the elect, but there's absolutely no way all of them -- probably not even *most* -- of them are correct.

It's dark humor. But I like dark humor.
no I get it. and I'm as dark as they come with humor.
but, let's say Bill Clinton and Carlton Pearson ain't going anywhere. This doesn't make me giggle.
Guess I'm getting old and soft.

Vaevictis
7/14/2006, 11:03 AM
Well, maybe it's just that I typically find it especially amusing when people get what they want, but end up not wanting what they get, if you know what I mean. :)

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 11:06 AM

Oh ****.

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 11:18 AM
no I get it. and I'm as dark as they come with humor.
but, let's say Bill Clinton and Carlton Pearson ain't going anywhere. This doesn't make me giggle.

You heretic!!

:P

TexasLidig8r
7/14/2006, 11:36 AM

They have pills for that now. YWIA.

http://www.alexanderlaw.com/viagra/viagra.gif

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 11:38 AM
I have pills for that now.

:eddie:

picasso
7/14/2006, 11:49 AM
They have pills for that now. YWIA.

:D

I'm no Howzie Poo.

royalfan5
7/14/2006, 11:57 AM
I just saw on TV that it is believed that the head of Hezbollah was in a building that the Israelies collasped.

slickdawg
7/14/2006, 11:59 AM
I just saw on TV that it is believed that the head of Hezbollah was in a building that the Israelies collasped.

Note to Hezbollah: Don't **** with Israel.

White House Boy
7/14/2006, 12:02 PM
Sweet.

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 01:06 PM

i thought he was being harbored by Syria. Did Israel bomb Syria? 'Cause I think Iran is on record as entering the ring when/if this happens.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 01:08 PM
There's about to be some really bad $hit go down, yo...

TexasLidig8r
7/14/2006, 01:10 PM
There's about to be some really bad $hit go down, yo...

I'm thinkin maybe you should settle any and all outstanding... obligations before things really go to hell in a handbasket... you know.. just in case and all that... ;)

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 01:11 PM
i thought he was being harbored by Syria. Did Israel bomb Syria? 'Cause I think Iran is on record as entering the ring when/if this happens.

Why does Iran have any love for Syria? Syria is mostly Sunni and governed by Baathists, isn't it? It's kind of a mini Iraq.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 01:11 PM
I'm thinkin maybe you should settle any and all outstanding... obligations before things really go to hell in a handbasket... you know.. just in case and all that... ;)

I'd wear a turban and take up arms with the crazies before I'd let you body paint me, whorn...

;)

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 01:12 PM
Why does Iran have any love for Syria? Syria is mostly Sunni and governed by Baathists, isn't it? It's kind of a mini Iraq.

i think it is the whole "enemy of my enemy". Iran and Syria are considered friends.

is Israel bombing Syria??

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 01:17 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,203568,00.html

found it. basically, an attack on syria would be an attack on Islam.

buckle up kids.

mdklatt
is Israel bombing Syria??

I read online that Israeli fighers overflew the palace of President Assad yesterday. That sounds like the IDF equivalent of waking up with a horse head.

Hamhock
is that the same guy they buzzed a couple of weeks ago?

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 01:20 PM
is that the same guy they buzzed a couple of weeks ago?

Hmmm...maybe this was a couple of weeks ago and I misunderstood the article.

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 01:29 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,203568,00.html

"Despite the barbaric and criminal nature of the occupiers of Jerusalem, the regime and its Western supporters do not even have the power to give Iran a nasty look," the agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying in Osku, in northwestern Iran.

Care to make a wager on that, Mahmoud?

His declaration came just hours after he warned Israel against extending its Lebanon assault into neighboring Syria, saying such a move would be seen as an attack against the whole Islamic world. Ahmadinejad made those comments in a telephone conversation with Syrian President Bashar Assad, to assure him of his support, IRNA reported.

He's all talk. How many US warplanes are in theater right now? How Tomahawks (some nuclear, no doubt) do we have in the Persian Gulf? Iran may be run be blowhards, but I don't think they're crazy idiots.

OUinFLA
7/14/2006, 01:30 PM

Yeah! Im thinkin the same thing!
:D:D:D

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 01:30 PM
Iran may be run be blowhards, but I don't think they're crazy idiots.

Dude, everybody over there are crazy idiots.

White House Boy
7/14/2006, 01:33 PM
Dude, everybody over there are crazy idiots.
Word.

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2006, 01:34 PM

Well, that settles it folks. If Vaevictis says its this way, its this way. :rolleyes:

Sooner98
7/14/2006, 01:46 PM
Despite the barbaric and criminal nature of the occupiers of Jerusalem, the regime and its Western supporters do not even have the power to give Iran a nasty look.

Sincerely,
Baghdad Bob's cousin

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 01:46 PM
This is encouraging:

Saudi Arabia faults Hezbollah for current crisis, blaming "elements" inside Lebanon for the violence with Israel, in unusually frank language directed at guerrilla group Hezbollah and its Iranian backers.

http://cbs2chicago.com/seenon/topstories_story_195085047.html

White House Boy
7/14/2006, 01:48 PM
Sincerely,
Baghdad Bob's cousin
heh

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 01:50 PM
nm

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 01:50 PM
heh

Me, too.

I spekked him for that one...:D

White House Boy
7/14/2006, 01:54 PM
Me, too.

I spekked him for that one...:D

Deservedly so. :D

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2006, 01:55 PM
This is encouraging:

http://cbs2chicago.com/seenon/topstories_story_195085047.html

Ouch.

Hezbollah just dug its own grave me thinks.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 04:30 PM
S'getting worse, people...

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 04:33 PM

now what?

Hamhock
7/14/2006, 04:33 PM

now what?

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/14/2006, 04:40 PM
Sounds worse to me, anyway...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/14/mideast/index.html

Tear Down This Wall
7/14/2006, 04:53 PM
I don't think those poor ragheads understand just what level whipass Israel has in its can. In fact, if these quotes are true, they surely don't. Pray for the innocent. :(

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 05:01 PM
I don't think those poor ragheads understand just what level whipass Israel has in its can. In fact, if these quotes are true, they surely don't.

Is all that delusional bull**** for effect, or do these people actually believe what they're saying? The brainwashed terrorist peons eat that nonesense up, but surely their leaders know better? *******s are a lot easier to deal with than crazy people.

Harry Beanbag
7/14/2006, 06:58 PM

Is that a big surprise to anybody? To the best of my knowledge, Iran has always been the money behind Hezbollah. Last night there were reports that not only were the missiles Iranian, but that they were fired by Iranian troops. That would elicit the big :eek: if that is actually true.

On a side note, just how many times to these nimrod countries want to have their head handed to them by Israel? This will be what, the fourth time?

mdklatt
7/14/2006, 08:44 PM
Bad juju--Hezbollah has UAM's (Unmanned Aerial Martyrs):

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2194327

Hezbollah rammed an Israeli warship with an unmanned aircraft rigged with explosives Friday, setting it ablaze after Israeli warplanes smashed Lebanon's links to the world one by one and destroyed the headquarters of the Islamic guerrilla group's leader.

JohnnyMack
7/15/2006, 09:24 AM
From Fox News:

Israel accused Iran of directly helping Hezbollah in the fighting, deepening worries over the regional impact of the battle. A senior Israeli intelligence official said 100 Iranian troops are in Lebanon and helped Hezbollah fire a missile that damaged an Israeli warship off the Lebanese coast Friday night, killing one Israeli soldier and leaving three missing.

Jerk
7/15/2006, 10:43 AM
Johnny? Watching Fox news?

I really do think we are in the middle of what historians will look back on as World War III. I think it will last for decades, and if the radical muslims win then we will enter a 1000 year Dark Age. Of course, I'm not psychic, but i did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.