PDA

View Full Version : Auburn vs. Arizona

SOONtobe#1
7/12/2006, 03:00 PM
I was looking at collegefootballnews.com today and they asked a few of their writers to give 3 sure things that would take place in the upcoming season. One writer (Pete Fiutak) stated that an SEC team would be playing for the National Chamionship and that team (AUburn) wold be playing Arizona for all the marbles. Wow! And that's a good Wow. If OU can't make it I would love to see this match-up. Put another feather in a Stoop's cap!! From what I have read, Arizona is capable of being bowl bound, but to play for the NC? That would be program turn around like no other!! Here's to the Stoop clan bringing home another trophy!!!!

PrideTrombone
7/12/2006, 03:05 PM
3. A team from the SEC will play from the national title.
No one from the SEC will go unbeaten, but it's doubtful anyone anywhere will go unscathed this season. If Florida or Auburn wins the SEC title and finishes the regular season with one loss, it'll be in. The same goes for LSU, Tennessee or Georgia, but my hook-me-up-to-a-lie-detector call would be Auburn playing in Arizona in early January.

I think he means the location of the game.

SOONtobe#1
7/12/2006, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the correction. NExt time I will take a few minutes before I make a fool of myself. But what a story it would be. Thanks again.

Collier11
7/12/2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the correction. NExt time I will take a few minutes before I make a fool of myself. But what a story it would be. Thanks again.

good idea...or you could have looked at either schools schedule

starclassic tama
7/13/2006, 01:16 AM
NEVERMIND JUST READ THE THREAD

Tear Down This Wall
7/13/2006, 10:23 AM
Arizona will fire Mike Stoops after another losing season. Then, we can have our co-defensive coordinator back.

RedstickSooner
7/13/2006, 11:37 AM
Arizona will fire Mike Stoops after another losing season. Then, we can have our co-defensive coordinator back.

Hmm. That'd be kinda sweet. Nice upside, as well, is that we wouldn't have to worry about him getting hired away again.

Seems kinda unlikely, though -- how often do coaches get promoted, have things not work out, and return to their old school?

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 12:01 PM
Hmm. That'd be kinda sweet. Nice upside, as well, is that we wouldn't have to worry about him getting hired away again.

Seems kinda unlikely, though -- how often do coaches get promoted, have things not work out, and return to their old school?
from what i hear, arizona loves stoops. i don't think they would fire him. besides, i think he should win more this year, i've heard nothing but good things about that new quarterback

Collier11
7/13/2006, 12:42 PM
Im pretty sure that venables is doing an outstanding job, come on guys

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 02:30 PM
Im pretty sure that venables is doing an outstanding job, come on guys
he is, but add stoops to the mix and OUr defense is unstoppable

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/13/2006, 05:12 PM
I want Mike Stoops to succeed, so he can recruit some of those southern Cal. kids away from USC. Carroll's stranglehold on talent in greater LA needs to stop.

Collier11
7/13/2006, 10:19 PM
he is, but add stoops to the mix and OUr defense is unstoppable

You seem to forget 2001 and 2002 when our D started struggling in the secondary...That was mikey

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 10:47 PM
You seem to forget 2001 and 2002 when our D started struggling in the secondary...That was mikey
those struggles were nowhere near the struggles we've had since he left. really, i don't remember our secondary being that bad unless we were playing osu. i think someone did something to get a curse from god put on our team in '01 and '02

goingoneight
7/13/2006, 11:01 PM
those struggles were nowhere near the struggles we've had since he left. really, i don't remember our secondary being that bad unless we were playing osu. i think someone did something to get a curse from god put on our team in '01 and '02

Are you saying God hated Jason White??? :(

Snrfn4ever08
7/14/2006, 12:30 AM
Are you saying God hated Jason White??? :(
no, but i forgot about the knees. guess what, that completes my scientific study that jason white somehow even made the defense better:D

AllAboutThe'O'
7/14/2006, 12:40 AM

Right off the bat, David Cutcliffe returning to Tennessee as offensive coordinator (former Ole Miss head coach), he was with the Vols when Peyton Manning was there.

ultimatesooner1
7/14/2006, 09:11 AM

they did just extend his contract

Jason White's Third Knee
7/14/2006, 09:25 AM
They'll win a few more this year. Their D knocks the **** out of people. They are just building after the mass exodus of the Mackovich era.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/14/2006, 08:33 PM
They'll win a few more this year. Their D knocks the **** out of people. They are just building after the mass exodus of the Mackovich era.
Yep, I think Arizona will be a force in the Pac-10 two years from now.