Colorado: Montana St., @ CSU, Arizona St., @ Georgia

Iowa St: Toledo, UNLV, @ Iowa, No. Iowa

Kansas: Northwestern St., La - Monroe, @ Toledo, So. Florida

Kansas St: Illinois St., Fl. Atlantic, Marshall, Louisville

Missouri: Murray St., Ole Miss, @ New Mexico, Ohio

Nebraska: La. Tech, Nicholls St., @ USC, Troy

oSu: Missouri St., @ Ark St., Fl. Atlantic, @ Houston

aTm: Citadel, La Lafayette, Army (San Antonio), La Tech

ut: No. Texas, Ohio St., @ Rice, Sam Houston St.

ttech: SMU, @ UTEP, @ TCU, Southeastern LA

I would be embarrassed to have aTm's schedule, CU's looks pretty tough...

TexanSooner420
7/12/2006, 03:08 PM
yeah, georgia will be a test for the buffs, and yes a&m is just making themselves more and more of a joke, also TCU vs Tech shoud be quite the game, I want Tech to know how it feels to be beaten by the hornyfrogs, and Kstate has to play louisville, harsh

Mac94
7/12/2006, 04:10 PM
To be fair about our (A&M's) schedule we were to play Florida State this year but they backed out on the series.

Of course, I don't think Bill Byrne or Fran were crying or upset over the cancellation. Many of us Ags fear that this is the type of schedule Dollar Bill and Fran want. We are eyeing the 2007-2008 Miami series closely.

RooseveltRoughRider
7/12/2006, 05:15 PM
They all suck...

Colorado's looks the best...

K-State plays Louisville and Marshall which both should be "decent" but nothing to brag about...I am willing to bet there is a lower level school with a KILLER OOC schedule...hmm

caphorns
7/12/2006, 05:38 PM
CU AND OU TOP the LIST

The CU and OU schedules are similar - I just rank Georgia as the tougher road test over Oregon and Az State is obviously a tougher challenge than Washington at this point. A rivalry game like CSU has to rank over your game vs. UAB.

TOUGHEST 1-GAME OUTS

Texas, Nebraska and KSU have the hardest 1-game tests (USC, OSU and Louisville). I would rank our scheduling higher but it's just 1 game - and for us at home. I put us over NU because I personally think USC is going to flop with all the talent they lost on the offensive side. Louisville is obviously lower than USC/OSU level. The remaining 9 games are not worth talking about - but Marshall is not bad. The combination of Marshall/Louisville kind of puts them close to us.

2 GOOD OPPONENTS DOES NOT MAKE 1 GREAT OPPONENT

TECH/BAYLOR play two mediocre to good teams but nothing else. I personally think UTEP is better than WAZZU but could be way off. MIZZOU has a couple of medium range teams but they slot in below Tech/Baylor.

2 HALVES OF A GOOD OPPONENT DOES NOT MAKE A GOOD OPPONENT

Kansas plays 2 teams that combined become 1 decent team - Toledo and S. Florida. Pretty pathetic schedule, but they probably lose both of these games because they are pathetically bad.

THE BIGGEST LOSERS

Somewhere well below pathetic is these two chumps - Okie State and Texas A&M. Their scheduling is an embarassment to our conference. There is no excuse for this crap other than that other teams don't see any benefit in playing these guys. I guess I can see the logic in that. ATM doesn't even go on the road for its games - at all. That's retarded. It gives the Okie State pokes a slight edge in the biggest loser category. A loss by either of these teams in any of these games should result in an immediate firing of the coaching staff. But luckily it wont :)

Joe
7/13/2006, 02:16 AM
1. Colorado Montana St., @ CSU, Arizona St., @ Georgia

2. ut: No. Texas, Ohio St., @ Rice, Sam Houston St

3. Nebraska: La. Tech, Nicholls St., @ USC, Troy

4. Oklahoma: UAB, Washington, @ Oregon, Middle Tenn. St

5. Kansas St: Illinois St., Fl. Atlantic, Marshall, Louisville

6. Iowa St: Toledo, UNLV, @ Iowa, No. Iowa

7. ttech: SMU, @ UTEP, @ TCU, Southeastern LA

8. Baylor: TCU, Northwestern St., @ Wash St., Army

9. Kansas: Northwestern St., La - Monroe, @ Toledo, So. Florida

10. Missouri: Murray St., Ole Miss, @ New Mexico, Ohio

11. oSu: Missouri St., @ Ark St., Fl. Atlantic, @ Houston

12. aTm: Citadel, La Lafayette, Army (San Antonio), La Tech

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 12:36 PM
i think because of idiots like osu and texas a&m that the ncaa should make a rule outlawing 1A schools from playing 1AA schools. i don't even understand the logic behind wanting to play those types of schools.:confused: :confused:

I_SMELL_FEAR
7/13/2006, 01:44 PM
i think because of idiots like osu and texas a&m that the ncaa should make a rule outlawing 1A schools from playing 1AA schools. i don't even understand the logic behind wanting to play those types of schools.:confused: :confused:

the aggies and aggots only have to win 2 conference games to get a bowl if they sweep their pansy ooc schedule. It levels the playing field for the have-nots so they can go get embarassed by a wac or cusa team in a bowl.

King Crimson
7/13/2006, 02:00 PM
Colorado plays CSU at Invesco, so while it's technically a roadie (since CSU will be the home team)....it's gonna be a split.

King Crimson
7/13/2006, 02:01 PM
Joe=high

OUstud
7/13/2006, 02:36 PM
I like how we're the only Big XII team without a D-1AA team on our slate. That's 'cause we're not bush league.

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 02:40 PM
I like how we're the only Big XII team without a D-1AA team on our slate. That's 'cause we're not bush league.
we know our place in the college football world:D

Fraggle145
7/13/2006, 04:06 PM
I think CU's is the toughest... we saw what Georgia did to Hawkins Boise St. team last year in Athens... They set Boise back in their place with the underlings. After that I think ours is next toughest. Iowa St's looks pretty tough to me also with Toledo and the media darling Iowa.... Why the hell does Ferentz get so much credit he is 49-36 overall. Maybe I just expect more from someone who is one of the god's of the coaching world...

RooseveltRoughRider
7/13/2006, 04:18 PM

A REALLY GOOD 1AA Team > a Pathetic 1A team

What I am surprised no one is noticing is that Texas does not leave the State until the end of October...and the only other time they play out of Texas is in Manhattan.

Octavian
7/13/2006, 04:25 PM
What I am surprised no one is noticing is that Texas does not leave the State until the end of October...and the only other time they play out of Texas is in Manhattan.

and Lincoln.

humblesooner
7/13/2006, 04:37 PM
A REALLY GOOD 1AA Team > a Pathetic 1A team

That's not really anything new. When they were in the SWC, they had entire seasons where they never left the state.
On the odd years when ARK was a home game for them, OU was in Dallas and they only had to schedule North Texas, win the SWC and play in the Cotton Bowl. Never even left the borders of Texas.

caphorns
7/13/2006, 05:17 PM
That's not really anything new. When they were in the SWC, they had entire seasons where they never left the state.
On the odd years when ARK was a home game for them, OU was in Dallas and they only had to schedule North Texas, win the SWC and play in the Cotton Bowl. Never even left the borders of Texas.

When we play at Tech or at Texas ATM or at TCU it's not a home game - even if played within the boundries of the State of Texas. There's as much hate for us there as anywhere. As for the rest of them, it doesn't matter because the opponent's suck. When we play OU, it's never really a home game. So I just don't get wtf the discussion is about? This really works about the same for you guys at these locales does it not?

SoonerDood
7/13/2006, 05:31 PM

you'd think they would've won more than 3 national titles! Especially when considering the competition level of the old SWC.

NormanPride
7/13/2006, 08:10 PM
When we play at Tech or at Texas ATM or at TCU it's not a home game - even if played within the boundries of the State of Texas. There's as much hate for us there as anywhere. As for the rest of them, it doesn't matter because the opponent's suck. When we play OU, it's never really a home game. So I just don't get wtf the discussion is about? This really works about the same for you guys at these locales does it not?

I don't think it's as much as a "WTF, WHY DOES TEXAS GET ALL HOME GAMES?!?!?!1" as it is a "lol, stupid scheduling" thing. It's more funny and weird than anything else. Lack of travel does help teams, though, even if just a little.

badger
7/13/2006, 09:44 PM
Badger's notes:All of these opponents guarantee the Aggies a top 25 ranking by the end of this schedule... only because they're undefeated. If they lose, they'll be doomed until they beat somebody worth mentioning... which probably won't happen.

11. Kansas: Northwestern St., La - Monroe, @ Toledo, So. Florida
Badger's notes:I give them th 1-up on a&m because So. Florida was halfway tough when we hosted them in 2001 ('02?). However, the rest should help Kansas tune up for worse things to come.

10.oSu: Missouri St., @ Ark St., Fl. Atlantic, @ Houston
Badger's notes:These three schedules are all pretty equal, but Ark. St. and Mizz St. might be a challenge... of course, all of these opponents will likely be a challenge for the crappy cowboys.

9.Iowa St: Toledo, UNLV, @ Iowa, No. Iowa
Badger's notes:Iowa will always put up a team worth mentioning in the Big 10. Whether or not its worth mentioning elsewhere... hmm.

8.Missouri: Murray St., Ole Miss, @ New Mexico, Ohio
Badger's notes:Ole Miss was once good when they had Eli Manning and his dad. New Mexico once had Brian Urlacher. But yeah... this schedule also sucks. They get points for having OU in their Big 12 season AND non-conference schedule!

7.Baylor: TCU, Northwestern St., @ Wash St., Army
Badger's notes:Washington State is one of the Pac-10 lesser embarrassments, TCU embarrassed us, and I'm being patriotic with the Army. God bless the USA!

6.ttech: SMU, @ UTEP, @ TCU, Southeastern LA
Badger's notes:UTEP has finally shown signs up life under Coach Liar, and TCU is no longer the skewl to sneer at... unfortunately.

5.Kansas St: Illinois St., Fl. Atlantic, Marshall, Louisville
Badger's notes:Louisville is reason the Big East is not a 100 percent pushover... them and West Virginia. Marshall seems to always pick up talent that no other school wants... which should lead to a few wins, yes?

4. OU: @Oregon, Washington, UAB
Badger's notes:Washington should be more impressive, but they haven't been in years. Oregon will be the toughest non-conference game in the Big 12, because it's on the road.

3.Nebraska: La. Tech, Nicholls St., @ USC, Troy
Badger's notes:You know how one game can set the tone for the rest of the season? Guess which game it is...

2.ut: No. Texas, Ohio St., @ Rice, Sam Houston St.
Badger's notes: Ohio St. will be a challenge, even if they aren't at their home turf this time.

1.Colorado: Montana St., @ CSU, Arizona St., @ Georgia
Badger's notes:What is Colorado thinking? Maybe they just want to host Gameday for once and think this schedule will give them the national spotlight. The only easy game is Montana State, the rest will be a real test on a first-year coach, fresh from the days of blue turf

Okay, there you go. If that did not enlighten you, have this picture of Billy Sims, er, I mean JASON WHITE winning the Heisman:
http://i.cnn.net/si/2003/football/ncaa/12/13/white.heisman.ap/p1_sooners_ap.jpg

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 10:53 PM
you'd think they would've won more than 3 national titles! Especially when considering the competition level of the old SWC.
no, because they cake-walked throught the SWC and when they met real competition in bowl games, it was like slamming into a brick wallHook 'em

Mac94
7/14/2006, 08:36 AM
At one time the SWC was a pretty salty conference. At the end, it wasn't, but it was a good league for decades.

And, let's be fair, the old Big-8 wasn't called the "Big 2" for no reason, outside of Oklahoma and Nebraska, the old Big-8 wasn't a murderers row of a league.

RooseveltRoughRider
7/14/2006, 09:46 AM
yeah...during the late 60's and early 70's it was pretty dominant.
Arkansas, Texas, TCU, SMU and A&M have had times when they were among the nations elite. The demise of the SWC was probably Arkansas leaving, and the death penalty that got layed on SMU. But if you look at the players that came out of the SWC....

Like Mike Singletary, Doak Walker, Tommy Nobis, Eric Dickerson, John Kimbrough, Earl Campbell, Ray Childress etc. They put out some good players over the years and were surely better than some of the conferences receiving BCS bids right now (no Offense Big LEast)...speaking of....has anyone seen West Virginias atrocious schedule??????

These clowns have a good chance at going to the Fiesta Bowl and getting blown out

Marshall
Buffalo
Maryland
East Carolina
Mississippi State
Syracuse
Connecticut
Louisville
Cincinatti
Pittsburgh
South Florida
Rutgers

looks like smooth sailin to me..

OUstud
7/14/2006, 12:32 PM
A&M: Citadel, La Lafayette, Army (San Antonio), La Tech
A&M rolls in all of these except for Army, when they have to hang on to beat them 27-23, a game that marks the beginning of the end of Fran.

KU goes through these teams undefeated, including yet another unexpected lambasting of Toledo and a boring defensive struggle vs. USF.

Aggy: Missouri St., @ Ark St., Fl. Atlantic, @ Houston
Beat MSU 21-17, think they're on top of the world, then proceed to get beat by ASU AND Houston.

ISU somehow manages to lose to UNLV (with former USC prized QB recruit Rocky Hinds) and to Iowa, then go on a rampage until their final game, in which they blow yet another chance to win the North.

Mizzou goes to UNM and loses (like Tech last year) but go on to win handily over the other 3 non-conference opponents, and then have a successful 8-4 season due to the lack of overreliance on Brad Smith.

Baylor: TCU, Northwestern St., @ Wash St., Army
TCU handles Baylor in the "see, we should have been in the Big XII instead of you" game, then BU wins next 3, including impressive win over Wazzu, and go on to beat Aggy and KSU to again finish with 5 wins.

TTU: SMU, @ UTEP, @ TCU, Southeastern LA
Tech hangs 80 on SELA, but manages to drop one to either UTEP or TCU.

KSU starts out with 2 semi-impressive wins over ISU and FAU, with scores around 31-10 or so, then beat Marshall but get run over by UL.

4. OU: UAB, Washington, @ Oregon, MTSU
OU blows out UAB to start off the season, although there will appear to be areas of concern despite the large margin of victory. OU silences those concerns with an ISU-in-2002-type steamrolling of Udub, then in Oregon, OU comes from behind to win, and against MTSU, OU shuts the Blue Raiders out.

NU goes through this 3-1, including a hard-fought loss in LA. Fans begin to warm to Callahan, but the Bugeaters will wind up falling off the table to finish around 6-6.

:mack: : No. Texas, Ohio St., @ Rice, Sam Houston St.
Saxet looks REALLY good in blowing out UNT, Rice, and SHSU, but struggle at home against tOSU in a game similar to the Arkansas game a few years ago.

CU hangs 50 on MSU, fans rejoyce, then come back down to earth when they realize that they don't yet have the talent to run Hawkins' offense when they drop their next 3.

Desert Sapper
7/14/2006, 12:56 PM
A&M: Citadel, La Lafayette, Army (San Antonio), La Tech
A&M rolls in all of these except for Army, when they have to hang on to beat them 27-23, a game that marks the beginning of the end of Fran.

Go ARMY!! Fix BAYONETS!! Show the Aggies what a real Corps of Cadets looks like!!!

Personally, I am hoping for a close game, but even as an alumnus I don't see us having much of a chance against aTm. We lose our QB (Zac Dahman) and TB (Carlton Jones) to graduation. Of course, we also return 8 starters on D, so it might be worth watching. Remember the name Barrett Scruggs (#55). I see him slobberknocking somebody in maroon.

caphorns
7/14/2006, 01:13 PM
I don't think it's as much as a "WTF, WHY DOES TEXAS GET ALL HOME GAMES?!?!?!1" as it is a "lol, stupid scheduling" thing. It's more funny and weird than anything else. Lack of travel does help teams, though, even if just a little.

Most team's travel is regional at most. Texas is just a big *** state. I think we took a home and home with UTEP for our upcoming schedule. That's like going 3-4 states over in some parts of the country.

sooneron
7/14/2006, 01:13 PM
Baylor: TCU, Northwestern St., @ Wash St., Army
Pretty solid. I don't know how good Wazzu will be, but they prolly scheduled back in Rollin Price days.

Looks to be one of the toughest in the conf

They play Iowa every year and it's their big game OOC. Toledo is one of those teams that seems to surprise somebody nearly every year

Meh, Mark must have given Snyder a call on this one. Looks like one test

Marshall isn't what they used to be, the Louisville game will be good.

Strang sched. They didn't seem to go for the one marquis ooc game

Callenberger is going to need those patsies before heading to S Central

oSu: Missouri St., @ Ark St., Fl. Atlantic, @ Houston
joke

aTm: Citadel, La Lafayette, Army (San Antonio), La Tech
see the other aggy

ut: No. Texas, Ohio St., @ Rice, Sam Houston St.
SHSU!!?!, I guess we have MTSU

ttech: SMU, @ UTEP, @ TCU, Southeastern LA
Not exactly a daring schedule when you have two away games in the state!

I would be embarrassed to have aTm's schedule, CU's looks pretty tough...

King Crimson
7/14/2006, 01:34 PM
the CU-CSU game is in Denver so it's not a true roadie for CU.

MTSU beat Vandy at Vandy to keep the Commodores from being bowl eligible last year. (yeah, yeah....i know). but Vandy took UFLA into double OT at teh Swamp.

MIzzou's OOC scheduling has been an emarrassment to their fans for a few years.....from reading tigerboard.com. they backed out of a game with Iowa last year i think....in the Pinkel era they've lost to Bowling Green and Troy in Columbia.

toast
9/5/2006, 01:25 PM
looks like I was right about CU's tough OOC but failed to take Montana St. into consideration...

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 01:58 PM
1. Colorado Montana St., @ CSU, Arizona St., @ Georgia

2. ut: No. Texas, Ohio St., @ Rice, Sam Houston St

3. Nebraska: La. Tech, Nicholls St., @ USC, Troy

4. Oklahoma: UAB, Washington, @ Oregon, Middle Tenn. St

5. Kansas St: Illinois St., Fl. Atlantic, Marshall, Louisville

6. Iowa St: Toledo, UNLV, @ Iowa, No. Iowa

7. ttech: SMU, @ UTEP, @ TCU, Southeastern LA

8. Baylor: TCU, Northwestern St., @ Wash St., Army

9. Kansas: Northwestern St., La - Monroe, @ Toledo, So. Florida

10. Missouri: Murray St., Ole Miss, @ New Mexico, Ohio

11. oSu: Missouri St., @ Ark St., Fl. Atlantic, @ Houston

I'm sorry, when does one-game Nebbish beat a strong OOC for OU? LaTech, Nicholls State and Troy do not overcome UAB, Washington and MTSU!

Sooner Among The Pack
9/5/2006, 02:52 PM
Funny re-reading this thread now that Colorado lost to Montana St. Looks like the Buffs will enter conference play without a win.

Anyone think 'that guy' will play or dress when SHSU goes to Austin?

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 02:58 PM
Anyone think 'that guy' will play or dress when SHSU goes to Austin?
i wouldn't count on it. you know, the ncaa is kinda like our congress. they only get together so often and rarely get anything accomplished when they do.

Desert Sapper
9/5/2006, 11:10 PM
i wouldn't count on it. you know, the ncaa is kinda like our congress. they only get together so often and rarely get anything accomplished when they do.

Would that really be an accomplishment? He should sorta sit out this season as punishment, IMO.