PDA

View Full Version : Still Bitter

NDIrish
7/12/2006, 12:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmN2VIWfxSA

Could this game be the reason that you hate Notre Dame for reasons that make no sense.

SoonerMooner
7/12/2006, 01:03 PM
Keep talkin, pal. If I were you, I would order an industrial supply of KY.

Sooner_Havok
7/12/2006, 01:09 PM
I have no memeory of the streak, I was born in 83. No, I hate ND because they are no better than OU, but get all the love and praise while OU gets sh*t on by the national media. ND has 7 legit MNC, OU has 7 legit, ND has about 50 bamamath MNCs, OU has about 50 bamamath style MNCs. OU has been to more bowls than ND, and has won almost twice as many bowls as ND.

ND is like the popular kid in highschool who can't understand why some people hate them. Well, we hate you because you and the rest of the world think your team is full of Gods! Get off the pedestal that you have been placed on every now and then and maybe you could figure it out.

Snrfn4ever08
7/12/2006, 01:10 PM

Could this game be the reason that you hate Notre Dame for reasons that make no sense.
it might not make sense to you, but it makes sense to us and that's all that matters. for starters, nd can have a losing season and still be the media darling.
why is this guy still in the green. anybody care to help me out in changing that?

Octavian
7/12/2006, 01:10 PM

not enough bandwidth.

NormanPride
7/12/2006, 01:13 PM
http://wally.wa.funpic.de/4images/data/media/19/youlooser.jpg

King Crimson
7/12/2006, 01:13 PM
ND fan: why are you posting here?

or maybe you just another mod troll?

PAW
7/12/2006, 01:17 PM
And how'd he get so green?

Snrfn4ever08
7/12/2006, 01:19 PM
yea, how about everybody neg this guy. i did my part, but my hammer's not big enough. that'll change in about 48 posts. i might have to come back after this guy then.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/12/2006, 01:27 PM
ND fan, here's the sh*t list: 1)Notre Dame Hoosier Irish Aggy School 2) Moo U 3) whorns

Partial Qualifier
7/12/2006, 01:55 PM

My money's on people hitting the spek icon, typing in "GET THE **** OUT!1!", forgetting to click the neg button and clicking OK.

MamaMia
7/12/2006, 01:55 PM
it might not make sense to you, but it makes sense to us and that's all that matters. for starters, nd can have a losing season and still be the media darling.
why is this guy still in the green. anybody care to help me out in changing that?
I neg'd him...signed, Good Catholic girl. :P

I dont understand why the long green spek line, unless its a mod troll whos speking himself.

OU4LIFE
7/12/2006, 02:04 PM
I don't care who it is, I negged 'em anyway.

Rhino
7/12/2006, 02:23 PM
Could this game be the reason that you hate Notre Dame for reasons that make no sense. The sentence structure here makes me giggle.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/12/2006, 02:46 PM
The sentence structure here makes me giggle here.

:D

Snrfn4ever08
7/12/2006, 02:50 PM
The sentence structure here makes me giggle.
:D :twinkies:

Jason White's Third Knee
7/12/2006, 02:53 PM
I think that we've had a few instances of mod trollism here, lately. It's the off season.

PAW
7/12/2006, 02:54 PM
I think that we've had a few instances of mod trollism here, lately. It's the off season.

So, they like stirring the pot every once in a while?

MamaMia
7/12/2006, 03:05 PM
So, they like stirring the pot every once in a while?If true, then the only problem I have with that is I think this last one was speking himself. I find that to be quite disturbing and rather pathetic.

White House Boy
7/12/2006, 03:10 PM
If true, then the only problem I have with that is I think this last one was speking himself. I find that to be quite disturbing and rather pathetic.

Particularly if the self-spekking is done in a public forum. :eek:

PAW
7/12/2006, 03:23 PM
I checked NDIrish's post resume and I can't find where he would have acccumulated said spek.

MamaMia
7/12/2006, 03:27 PM
Particularly if the self-spekking is done in a public forum. :eek:
Do they not know that self speking will make them go blind?

BigUgly
7/12/2006, 03:50 PM

We hardly have a monopoly on ND hatred. The line forms to the left on that one pal.

May I direct you to: http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/notredame/

It's about as good as it gets.

Octavian
7/12/2006, 05:01 PM
The dealio between OU and ND is this:

In the first half of the 20th century, Notre Dame was the king of college football. Knute Rockne was the first man to sucessfully market the sport of football (college or pro-for, at the time, a professional league was virtually non-existent) to the American media and public on a national scale.

Rockne built a dynasty and made Notre Dame football a national icon. He promoted the game w/ an infamous railway tour across the country, coached the 4 Horsemen, and delivered his "Gipper" speech (later made into a movie starring Ronald Reagan). In 13 seasons at Notre Dame, he established a winning percentage that still stands as the game's best. Media centers in the Midwest and East Coast drooled at Rockne's flair and success, and his untimely death granted him and his team mythical status.

After WWII, the game changed. Vets (many in their mid and late 20s) came home and entered colleges across the country under the GI Bill. The platoon system was implemented at the same time a young Bud Wilkinson devised a "fast-break" offense at OU. Under Wilkinson in the '50s, Oklahoma football achieved a level of success unmatched in any decade by any program before or since. In the middle of the Great Plains, away from any media hub, OU downright dominated a sport that was quickly becoming a national obsession. If Notre Dame was still king, their crown was in jeopardy. They responded accordingly...because if not for the Irish, Wilkinson would've won several more championships in the 50s and the 47 game STREAK would've easily hit 60. The OU-ND rivalry in the '50s also possessed a cultural aspect: the South vs. the North, public state school vs. private school, Protestants vs. Catholics.

Over the next half of the 20th Century, Oklahoma won more games and possessed a greater winning % than any other program. Still, Notre Dame remained a symbol of the game. The gold helmet, Touchdown Jesus, the "Luck of the Irish," -all retained an iconic status. To be sure, Notre Dame remained succesful on the field too (not at Oklahoma's level, but very successful nonetheless). Through the '70s and '80s, Barry Switzer strung together the best winning % since Rockne (and remains the best since Rockne) though the Sooners and the Irish never met.

OU turned down a national TV offer from NBC (then challenged the NCAA, won, and changed the way games could be broadcasted). NBC then offered Notre Dame a national TV deal -they accepted and extended their "priveledged" place in the sport.

In the late 20th Century and into the BCS era, Notre Dame football receives legalized special treatment not afforded to any other program. Notre Dame players can quickly be cast into glamorous national figures without achieving much (Ron Paulus) or into Heisman races - actually, this is a longstanding tradition for Hornung won his '56 Heisman after leading the Irish to a 2-8 campaign, including a 40-0 loss to OU in South Bend - because of their helmets (Quinn). Notre Dame coaches can make SI covers after winning a few games (Ty) in their first season. For a program that hasn't won a championship since the late '80s, and hasn't won a bowl game since the early '90s, it receives a disproportionate amount of attention.

It may seem like this is simply sour grapes...and, coming from almost any other fanbase (Bama and SUC have a say too) it would be true. But we're Oklahoma. We know what's up. We see through the hyped-up bull****. We've won more games and more titles in the modern era. Surely, there's still some antimosity from the '50s but that's not really it (it's like the best quarterback on the roster watching from the sidelines as the coach's son takes the snaps).

With all that said, (its possible some of you may still be reading) the OU fanbase probably respects Notre Dame more than it would like to admit...while hating them simultaneously. I wanted the Irish to beat Miami when they squared off in the "Catholics vs. Criminals" series in the '80s. We wanted Notre Dame to beat USC in South Bend last year. I'd certainly go for Notre Dame if they played Texas...as would most OU fans.

We realize Notre Dame will receive the perpetual hype because of who they are...it just irks us a little more b/c, as noted, we've been the better program since Hitler blew his brains out.

Oh yeah...they also pansied their way out of a return trip to Norman after the '99 game.

stoopified
7/12/2006, 05:18 PM
Notre dame .why do I hate thee?Let me count the ways.1) I admit it,Nov. 16,1957( 3 years before I was born),2 the holier than thOU attitude.,3)Refusal to join a conference for football,4)The hypnotic hold ND has on fans whose own state teams suck at football. 50Hell I'm too disgusted to continue. If ND never has another winning season,I would die a happy man.

7/12/2006, 06:06 PM
There are some of us Sooner fans that do not pull for the domers to beat the whorns, UNLESS there is a natl. championship or a win streak at stake.

OklaUalum
7/12/2006, 06:22 PM
Frankly speaking.... There's about 5 schools I rank WAY ahead of ND in my list of Hate....Texas; Pokie-State; K-State & Tech and LSU (just based upon their crass fans); then you get to the Miami's, USC's of the world. Frankly, ND isn't even really much on my radar screen usually. Except, I hate Catholics....I'm kidding on that last one!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
7/12/2006, 06:29 PM

Oh joy, a visitor from the Mizzou of the upper Midwest...

crimson&cream
7/12/2006, 07:01 PM
I have no memeory of the streak, I was born in 83. No, I hate ND because they are no better than OU, but get all the love and praise while OU gets sh*t on by the national media. ND has 7 legit MNC, OU has 7 legit, ND has about 50 bamamath MNCs, OU has about 50 bamamath style MNCs. OU has been to more bowls than ND, and has won almost twice as many bowls as ND.

ND is like the popular kid in highschool who can't understand why some people hate them. Well, we hate you because you and the rest of the world think your team is full of Gods! Get off the pedestal that you have been placed on every now and then and maybe you could figure it out.
I watced that game on Tv and then the Bud Wilkinson Show the next day and he was so gracious in defeat.
OU had the ball las t drove down the field with about a min or two to go, got close, butI think had a pass intercepted.
Every Sports Almanac list ND with 9 NC's legit, 43,46,47,49,64,66,73,77,88, altough you could say the 64,66 Nc's are suspect.What ****es me is you buy a Natl pre-season Mag like Athlon's or Lindy's etc Big 12 Preview they include ND as if many of us here care. Do they still have their TV deal. another thorn in the side.
I was on their campus in Mar 2000 just after we won the NC it's small.You can circle drive around their stadium. I was in South Bend visiting the College FB HOF. In one room called the Spirit Room they had this big song book that you could open to the college of choice push the button and it would play the fight song of that college, and you could hear it all over the place. My Son and I kept going back in there everytime it stoped and push the button to hear "Boomer Sooner' I know that must of got old for some people.LOL. It was our way of celebrating the 2000 NC. Neat place the HOF.

badger
7/12/2006, 07:10 PM
eh....

MamaMia
7/12/2006, 09:43 PM

Oh yeah...they also pansied their way out of a return trip to Norman after the '99 game.Did they really do that? :eek:

goingoneight
7/12/2006, 10:15 PM
I've never hated ND. But some guy coming onto OUr board to post crap like that, no matter what "fan" breed he is, get negspek from-eth me!!!

badger
7/12/2006, 11:47 PM
well look what i found here:
http://www2.bc.edu/~dorseyw/Notre%20Dame%20Sucks!.JPG

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 12:03 AM
well look what i found here:
http://www2.bc.edu/~dorseyw/Notre%20Dame%20Sucks!.JPG
nice find. ymssra

OKMAGIC
7/13/2006, 11:24 AM
No self respecting Mod would self spek, I expect.

soonerjoker
7/15/2006, 11:49 AM
HAVOK
ND has fewer bowl games, because, for many many years, they didn't accept bowl bids.

hitler didn't blow his brains out, he took cyanide. (i think)

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 12:28 PM
I'm an nd fan, though nowhere close to my almost unhealthy ou fandom, but taunting like this is more or less for tools. No way this guy went to ND. For the most part, the fans are cool. I went to the ND USC game last year wearing an OU shirt with an ND hat. The fans/students/alumni were all really friendly. Talked about how great the OU fans were in '99 and how we really know are football. The majority of ND fans that actually go to the games, or better yet went to the school, are alright. The SUC fans, on the other hand, were 80% no talent clowns. Some SUC coaches were taunting the student section (who were jammed like sardines on the sidelines to rush the field before the illegal rbush/lienart td) and the students acted like the polar opposite of a ttech student. Total class. No profanity, no riots, just chanted "get off our field". All this being said, it does bug me that ESPN classic will run ONLY nd games on Saturday morning.

Octavian
7/15/2006, 12:44 PM
hitler didn't blow his brains out, he took cyanide. (i think)

he did both.

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2006, 04:08 PM
he did both.
he felt like he had to make sure he was good and dead. i'm pretty sure blowing his brains out was going to take care of it for him:rolleyes:

soonerjoker
7/16/2006, 10:44 AM
Oct;
which did he do first ???

Octavian
7/16/2006, 12:38 PM
he shot himself in the right temple w/ a Walther pistol for sure...it's disputed but most think he bit into a thin vile of cyanide a second or two before pulling the trigger.

dolemitesooner
7/16/2006, 01:49 PM
The sentence structure here makes me giggle.
Ohh snap and crackle

soonercody
7/16/2006, 02:24 PM
I enjoy ND's tradition and have had good times with the fans there both times I've been to South Bend. The special BCS rules ****es me off though.

jackietreehorn
7/16/2006, 04:06 PM

i'm trying dude. and he's begging for it.

7/17/2006, 03:19 PM
I'm an nd fan, though nowhere close to my almost unhealthy ou fandom, but taunting like this is more or less for tools. No way this guy went to ND. For the most part, the fans are cool. I went to the ND USC game last year wearing an OU shirt with an ND hat. The fans/students/alumni were all really friendly. Talked about how great the OU fans were in '99 and how we really know are football. The majority of ND fans that actually go to the games, or better yet went to the school, are alright. The SUC fans, on the other hand, were 80% no talent clowns. Some SUC coaches were taunting the student section (who were jammed like sardines on the sidelines to rush the field before the illegal rbush/lienart td) and the students acted like the polar opposite of a ttech student. Total class. No profanity, no riots, just chanted "get off our field". All this being said, it does bug me that ESPN classic will run ONLY nd games on Saturday morning.............Wait,.....NO SALE!

picasso
7/17/2006, 03:34 PM
I hate Notre Dame for what they did to Rudy. And, any school that would recruit Vince Vaughn to play rb is gay.