PDA

View Full Version : Who would you recruit?

Jason White's Third Knee
7/12/2006, 12:02 PM
About a week ago on another thread this was batted about, but if you had to recruit a team of strictly religous icons for your football team, who would it be?

Examples: Jesus has excellent leadership skills plus intangibles, but hand injury led to fumble problems. Moses would be great for opening up holes on the line.

Major religions only, no mythology. And yes, I know that I am going to hell. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Snrfn4ever08
7/12/2006, 12:05 PM
About a week ago on another thread this was batted about, but if you had to recruit a team of strictly religous icons for your football team, who would it be?

Examples: Jesus has excellent leadership skills plus intangibles, but hand injury led to fumble problems. Moses would be great for opening up holes on the line.

Major religions only, no mythology. And yes, I know that I am going to hell. That has nothing to do with this thread.
this has probably got to the be the most random, off the wall thread i've ever seen on her. it sounds like everything was really thought out too. good job:D

soonerinabilene
7/12/2006, 12:55 PM
job would be my running back. nobody would want to tackle him for fear of leprosy. Lazarus would be my wr, because he could make the catch over the middle, get layed out, and pop right back up.

OklaUalum
7/12/2006, 12:56 PM
Would have to go with David at QB for sole capability / ability to throw the rock....

ADs_Agent
7/12/2006, 12:56 PM
Joshua would be my fullback, he has the ability to knock walls down.

OklaUalum
7/12/2006, 12:58 PM
maybe go with Budda at kicker... those guys meditate a lot.....

Vaevictis
7/12/2006, 12:59 PM
Solomon for coach, Samson on the line?

ADs_Agent
7/12/2006, 01:00 PM
Samson would be my middle linebacker. He is great between the tackles, and has a phenominal ability to tear down offenses.

ADs_Agent
7/12/2006, 01:01 PM
Goliath as a wide receiver, 10 ft tall

Switzer-lander
7/12/2006, 01:05 PM
Vishnu at wide receiver. Four hands. Could hold for field goals and extra points, too.

OklaUalum
7/12/2006, 01:08 PM
Switzer -good one!

Sooner_Havok
7/12/2006, 01:24 PM
maybe go with Budda at kicker... those guys meditate a lot.....

Dude, the Buddha would have to be on the offensive line! He is huge man, can you imagine the lanes he could open up for Job and Joshua!:D

Snrfn4ever08
7/12/2006, 01:27 PM
Dude, the Buddha would have to be on the offensive line! He is huge man, can you imagine the lanes he could open up for Job and Joshua!:D
with a runner like job, we wouldn't even need a kicker. can you say two-point conversions?:D

ADs_Agent
7/12/2006, 01:49 PM
I would have Methusala as a coach, someone who's been in the game for 1000 years must be a good coach.

Scott D
7/12/2006, 01:53 PM

the line would be too violent for Buddha.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/12/2006, 02:23 PM
job would be my running back. nobody would want to tackle him for fear of leprosy. Lazarus would be my wr, because he could make the catch over the middle, get layed out, and pop right back up.

Leprosy? Gives new meaning to the term hand-off. Please. Hold your applause.

ADs_Agent
7/12/2006, 02:24 PM
:rolleyes:

Jason White's Third Knee
7/12/2006, 03:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah. I know.

Hindu has a couple of prospects on my Hotlist:

Brahma- Would make an excellent QB. He has 4 heads so no one can read his eyes. He too has 4 arms which could be an asset on a bootleg rollout. You'd really have to look for the ball.

Ganesh- Excellent interior lineman. Part elephant. Very bright (noted for being clever) and can make assignment changes on the fly. Again, 4 arms. He was created to guard a stronghold, so he's got all the motor he needs.

Collier11
7/12/2006, 03:41 PM
This is the best thread ive seen in a while...spek!

the_ouskull
7/12/2006, 04:36 PM
Vishnu at wide receiver. Four hands. Could hold for field goals and extra points, too.

He could hold for both at the same time, technically... not that it'd ever come up or anything.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
7/12/2006, 04:37 PM
Could we put L. Ron Hubbard in charge of recruiting?

Sincerely,
WACK JOBS !!!

sjt
7/12/2006, 04:43 PM
I would have Methusala as a coach, someone who's been in the game for 1000 years must be a good coach.

Didn't he get his start on Paterno's staff?

OklaUalum
7/12/2006, 05:10 PM
Roman God Mercury for sheer speed at wide receiver.

stoopified
7/12/2006, 05:29 PM
Would have to go with David at QB for sole capability ability to throw the rock....:D

soonerboy_odanorth
7/12/2006, 06:51 PM
Um... if it's all the same to you guys... I'll just take God.

I figure you can have the rest and I'll still whup you.

GDC
7/12/2006, 08:03 PM
Thor-God of Thunder

whiteagle
7/12/2006, 09:08 PM
Goliath = best tackle since Jammal Brown

snp
7/12/2006, 09:49 PM
I play this game with different types of animals/dogs.

Pretty funny, but my Bible knowledge is lacking. So I

GDC
7/12/2006, 10:18 PM
There once was a cool "what postion would your dog play" thread.

goingoneight
7/12/2006, 10:21 PM
Buddha on the OL!!!

ZsoonersRule
7/13/2006, 04:14 AM
Moses OL by himself... If he can part the water, think what he could do to a Defense.....

Doged
7/13/2006, 05:30 AM
Whatever you do, DO NOT let Joshua play in the band.......

... except at Booger Pickins.

OklaUalum
7/13/2006, 08:16 AM
Was thinking overnight about Atlas; anywhere on the OL. Is known for his strength. Can anchor anywhere on the line .....

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 12:29 PM
Was thinking overnight about Atlas; anywhere on the OL. Is known for his strength. Can anchor anywhere on the line .....
sorry, no mythology;)

Jason White's Third Knee
7/13/2006, 01:48 PM
Damned pagans. There are repeats and mythology all over this thread. I should have known better than to pose this question to this Godless lot.

Fine. Mythology, since you don't know your friggin' bible.

King Crimson
7/13/2006, 02:03 PM
Thor-God of Thunder

i thought that was Gene Simmons?

:D

GDC
7/13/2006, 02:05 PM
i thought that was Gene Simmons?

:D

He could probably 'ball a little bit too.:)

Snrfn4ever08
7/13/2006, 02:06 PM
He could probably 'ball a little bit too.:)
only if we could find a use for that tongue:D

humblesooner
7/13/2006, 05:02 PM
Since we're all going to Hell anyway, thought I would recount an old one from the '70's.

Seems like a football fan died and went to heaven. Upon meeting St. Peter at the Parly Gates, he was advised that Heaven had a football team and asked if he would like to take a look.
Peter took him to the stadium and let him watch as a game was in progress. The first thing he noticed was that no one wore numbers on their jerseys. Instead, they had letters.
The fan asked St. Peter what was up with the letters.
St Peter replies that they were abbreviations for positions.
So the guy with the FS on his jersey was the Free Safety.
The one with QB was the quarterback.
As the fan watched the game, he noticed an older gentelman on the sideline with BS on his jersey. He tried and tried to figure out what BS stood for.
Back Switch?
Bull Sh**? Surely not in heaven.
He just could not figure it out, so he finally asks St. Peter who the guy with BS on his jersey is.

St. Peter tells him " Oh him? That's God."
Asks the fan "Well, what does the BS stand for."
Says St. Peter "He thinks he is Barry Switzer".

FlatheadSooner
7/13/2006, 09:21 PM
Leprosy? Gives new meaning to the term hand-off. Please. Hold your applause.

Just remember never to tell him to "shake a leg".

FlatheadSooner
7/13/2006, 09:28 PM
Noah might make a good coach.

He had good forsight and can really organize a team.

goingoneight
7/13/2006, 10:30 PM
Moses OL by himself... If he can part the water, think what he could do to a Defense.....

I thought we already had him at fullback the last few years... ;)

goingoneight
7/13/2006, 10:33 PM
Since we're all going to Hell anyway, thought I would recount an old one from the '70's.

Seems like a football fan died and went to heaven. Upon meeting St. Peter at the Parly Gates, he was advised that Heaven had a football team and asked if he would like to take a look.
Peter took him to the stadium and let him watch as a game was in progress. The first thing he noticed was that no one wore numbers on their jerseys. Instead, they had letters.
The fan asked St. Peter what was up with the letters.
St Peter replies that they were abbreviations for positions.
So the guy with the FS on his jersey was the Free Safety.
The one with QB was the quarterback.
As the fan watched the game, he noticed an older gentelman on the sideline with BS on his jersey. He tried and tried to figure out what BS stood for.
Back Switch?
Bull Sh**? Surely not in heaven.
He just could not figure it out, so he finally asks St. Peter who the guy with BS on his jersey is.

St. Peter tells him " Oh him? That's God."
Asks the fan "Well, what does the BS stand for."
Says St. Peter "He thinks he is Barry Switzer".

You go to hell! You go to hell and you die! :D Mucho spekko!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
7/14/2006, 09:26 AM
Um... if it's all the same to you guys... I'll just take God.

I figure you can have the rest and I'll still whup you.

Fine, then I'll take Ditka.

God-2
Ditka-14

fossil
7/15/2006, 09:07 PM
Noah might make a good coach.

He had good forsight and can really organize a team.
:O He's really good when it rains too!

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 09:48 PM
Suprised nobody has put Jesus at kicker. He's got that hippie look, and that bodes well for a kicker. Pretty clutch too. "Are you trying to tell me that Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?!?". He can kick too. Also, Cali at linebacker. The woman has a belt made of skulls. She's right up there with Lattimer from The Program (even though he was at tackle).

jackietreehorn
7/16/2006, 01:30 AM
judas iscariot as my offensive coordinator. tricky mo fo!! think about it.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/17/2006, 02:45 PM
Suprised nobody has put Jesus at kicker. He's got that hippie look, and that bodes well for a kicker. Pretty clutch too. "Are you trying to tell me that Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?!?". He can kick too. Also, Cali at linebacker. The woman has a belt made of skulls. She's right up there with Lattimer from The Program (even though he was at tackle).

Again, Jesus has the foot injuries. Can't over look that.

bstuff1979
7/17/2006, 04:31 PM
Again, Jesus has the foot injuries. Can't over look that.

so did lou groza