PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Border Question

Sooner in Tampa
7/12/2006, 08:04 AM
I am thinking about taking the wife to Niagra Fall for a couple of days in October for our anniversary and the hotel is on the Canadian side of the border overlooking the falls.

The question is this: What is required to go back and forth? It used to be in the Pre 9/11 days that all you needed was your drivers license to get back and forth for Mexico and I had heard that Canada was the same.

TIA

Hamhock
7/12/2006, 08:05 AM
I recommend digging a tunnel.

YWIA

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2006, 08:35 AM
You will need a knife and a detonator. Put them in your underwear.

7/12/2006, 08:56 AM
You won't have any problems at the falls. Just tell them your reason for visiting the country and be on your way.

It'll be chilly up there in October. Also, very beautiful with the leaves. Might plan some time to drive around the Canadian countryside. Much of it is postcard perfect.

Soonrboy
7/12/2006, 09:41 AM
We just back from visiting there. There was no problem. Have an I.D. with you, and if you have any kids, have something with their name on it, like a school ID or birth certificate or something...

It was harder to get into Canada than it was to get back into the US.

We didn't have anything with the girl's name on it so we had some questions, but nothing serious at all.

Sooner in Tampa
7/12/2006, 09:48 AM
We just back from visiting there. There was no problem. Have an I.D. with you, and if you have any kids, have something with their name on it, like a school ID or birth certificate or something...

It was harder to get into Canada than it was to get back into the US.

We didn't have anything with the girl's name on it so we had some questions, but nothing serious at all.NO KIDS...it is for our anniversary. :P

Thanks for the info.

Sooner in Tampa
7/12/2006, 09:49 AM
You will need a knife and a detonator. Put them in your underwear.DUH...I had already planned that. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/12/2006, 10:21 AM
Make sure you don't have any felonies on your record-like even felony misdemeanors. They won't let you in if you do. Seriously. They keep people out for drunk driving convictions all the time.

Sooner in Tampa
7/12/2006, 10:23 AM
Make sure you don't have any felonies on your record-like even felony misdemeanors. They won't let you in if you do. Seriously. They keep people out for drunk driving convictions all the time.Were good on this point then.

Thanks

Frozen Sooner
7/12/2006, 11:01 AM
No problem. It catches a lot of people by surprise that the felony mopery conviction from 20 years ago keeps them out of Canada.