PDA

View Full Version : A Possible Unforseen Positive About Capel Coming to OU...

the_ouskull
7/12/2006, 12:07 AM
With the Dick-led national media dropping to their knees regarding all things Duke, any time OU plays a nationally televised game, win OR lose, if they play well, the broadcasters are going to be ranting and raving about the job that Capel is doing, and how good he's gonna be, etc...

..it may be annoying to fans, but it looks pretty freaking sweet to recruits...

Just something to think about.

the_ouskull

chbrew09
7/12/2006, 01:22 AM
the problem...I've got this feeling that there wont be many nationally televised OU games next year

chbrew09
7/12/2006, 01:23 AM
but...if and when we do...that will be a good thing, this is true

King Crimson
7/12/2006, 03:16 AM
we'll play Villanova on TV. and at minimum, KU, both UT and both OSU games will be on TV nation or region or Big Monday

boomersooner28
7/12/2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah, even Dick Vitale may realize there IS basketball west of the Missippi River.

stoopified
7/12/2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah, even Dick Vitale may realize there IS basketball west of the Missippi River.Don't you mean west of the Appalachians?

badger
7/13/2006, 12:28 AM
west? How about just "outside the state of north carolina" ???

tnraider1
7/13/2006, 02:04 PM
Can a young coach be considered a "Diaper Dandy?"

IronSooner
7/15/2006, 11:16 AM
Do we really want Dick on our side? I've grown fond of hating on the guy, I'm not sure I want to be in his circle of favorites. I'd hate to think recruits base anything off what that jackass says.

GDC
7/15/2006, 05:42 PM
With the Dick-led national media dropping to their knees regarding all things Duke, any time OU plays a nationally televised game, win OR lose, if they play well, the broadcasters are going to be ranting and raving about the job that Capel is doing, and how good he's gonna be, etc...

..it may be annoying to fans, but it looks pretty freaking sweet to recruits...

Just something to think about.

the_ouskull

Would that be "Dick-led" or "dick-less"?

the_ouskull
7/15/2006, 08:20 PM
No, there's lots of "dick" in the national media. :D

the_ouskull

Sooner95
7/17/2006, 08:54 PM
heh, good points, course, also will help that We do well too. Dean Smith could be the coach,. but if the team goes 6-22 then it won't matter...

With that said, they should do ok, and might suprise a few next yr, tho we will be small.

badger
7/17/2006, 11:42 PM
if you hate him, just remember that he is like lee corso: A coaching failure who's now an ESPN regular.

COACHING FAILURE first.
ESPN know-it-all second.