PDA

View Full Version : Hey Trevor Hoffman.....

Stanley1
7/11/2006, 10:21 PM
When you have the tying run at third and the go ahead run at second in the last inning, two outs, and an 0-2 count on a guy..........how bout wasting a pitch? Instead, you grove one down the middle to one of the best hitters in baseball.

SOB. :mad:

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2006, 10:23 PM
i dont know what pitch you were looking at but that wasnt down the middle

Young hit that on the outside part of the plate.....low and away

Stanley1
7/11/2006, 10:27 PM

Outer third maybe, but it was still WAY too good a pitch for an 0-2 count, in that situation.

Ike
7/11/2006, 10:29 PM

yup...that was a good piece of hitting. Although, I imagine Trevor wanted that one to be a bit farther off the plate.

OCUDad
7/11/2006, 10:33 PM
It was Fate. It was Kismet. The American League was destined to win.

afs
7/11/2006, 10:33 PM
that was freakin' awesome.

Stanley1
7/11/2006, 10:50 PM
I HATE THE AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ike
7/11/2006, 10:52 PM
I HATE THE AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awwwwww....so solly.

GottaHavePride
7/11/2006, 11:18 PM
Who cares? The all-star game means jack ****.

OCUDad
7/11/2006, 11:31 PM
Who cares? The all-star game means jack ****.The World Cup, on the other hand... :D

Home-field advantage in the World Series may not be much, but it's something.

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 12:06 AM
Who cares? The all-star game means jack ****.

not even close to true anymore

home field advantage in the WS is huge

King Crimson
7/12/2006, 12:12 AM
not even close to true anymore

home field advantage in the WS is huge

agree. it's nothing to sniff at.

the post "tie" Selig all-star decision to make it mean that is a diff story.

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 12:13 AM
for the non baseball fans.......its big for the AL to have homefield advantage......in a 3 man rotation, you get one more game on your own field, and you get the benefit of the DH for an extra game

OCUDad
7/12/2006, 12:23 AM
Just a bit of trivia: Of the past 30 World Series champs, 25 had home-field advantage. And no team has won Game 7 on the road since Pittsburgh in 1979.

skycat
7/12/2006, 01:33 AM
Why is homefield advantage such a big deal. It's been what, three years since an AL team has won a World Series game?

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 06:30 AM
hmmm, lets see, the chicago whitesox won it last year, and the redsox the year before that.....

Newbomb Turk
7/12/2006, 07:04 AM
hmmm, lets see, the chicago whitesox won it last year, and the redsox the year before that.....

skycat probably meant NL. The AL has swept the last two WS and home field hasn't come into play.

I see in the paper today that Selig wants to ban teams from having an all-star pitcher from pitching on Sunday before the all-star game. Yeah - that ought to go over real well.

Hamhock
7/12/2006, 07:39 AM
When you have the tying run at third and the go ahead run at second in the last inning, two outs, and an 0-2 count on a guy..........how bout wasting a pitch? Instead, you grove one down the middle to one of the best hitters in baseball.

SOB. :mad:

I thought I read somewhere that you didn't know anything about baseball? :texan:

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 07:46 AM
skycat probably meant NL. The AL has swept the last two WS and home field hasn't come into play.

so you dont think having those first two games at home means anything? when you go up 2-0, that momentum helps.....makes a big difference with starting pitching as well

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 08:18 AM
I thought I read somewhere that you didn't know anything about baseball? :texan:

You were misinformed. ;)

skycat
7/12/2006, 08:29 AM

I see in the paper today that Selig wants to ban teams from having an all-star pitcher from pitching on Sunday before the all-star game. Yeah - that ought to go over real well.

:O Read my location. :O

skycat
7/12/2006, 08:41 AM
so you dont think having those first two games at home means anything? when you go up 2-0, that momentum helps.....makes a big difference with starting pitching as well

Frankly, no, I don't think it would have made any difference where those games were played. Houston and St. Louis were both extremely overmatched in each of those series.

This year, I think the story will remain about the same. The AL just flat out has teams with deeper staffs and better line-ups. The Mets have the best record in the AL and who is their second best starter?

El Duque? Trachsel? ugh

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 08:48 AM
the mets are in the NL

colleyvillesooner
7/12/2006, 09:03 AM
He's having problems with that this morning. ;)

skycat
7/12/2006, 09:08 AM
oof :O

Newbomb Turk
7/12/2006, 09:32 AM

not arguing the fact that home field makes a difference. I just don't think it has been that big of a deal the last two years.

skycat
7/12/2006, 10:20 AM
not arguing the fact that home field makes a difference. I just don't think it has been that big of a deal the last two years.

Hey, quit bumping this thread. It's embarassing.

GDC
7/12/2006, 06:22 PM
Somewhere, 04 sheds a tear.

Scott D
7/12/2006, 07:04 PM
Ya know.....Isringhausen wouldn't have even gotten the two outs before blowing the save ;)

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 07:06 PM
Ya know.....Isringhausen wouldn't have even gotten the two outs before blowing the save ;)

Wrong.

He'd have allowed two hits and a walk, before getting out of it without allowing a run. That guy frickin' gives me a heart attack every time he pitches.

Scott D
7/12/2006, 07:08 PM
Wrong.

He'd have allowed two hits and a walk, before getting out of it without allowing a run. That guy frickin' gives me a heart attack every time he pitches.

I watched him get pwned by the Tigers...in person.

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 07:14 PM
hey scott

want to make a gentlemans wager on how many wins Kenny Rogers gets the second half of the season?

Newbomb Turk
7/12/2006, 07:15 PM
hey scott

want to make a gentlemans wager on how many wins Kenny Rogers gets the second half of the season?

I'm not scott, but I'll guess less than the first half.

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 07:17 PM
i'd go with half of the first half!

Scott D
7/12/2006, 07:18 PM
hey scott

I'm hoping he gets as many losses in the second half as wins he got in the first half as my White Sox just fly past them in the standings.

it's Paperclip that you'll want to make a wager with.

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 07:21 PM
I'm hoping he gets as many losses in the second half as wins he got in the first half as my White Sox just fly past them in the standings.

it's Paperclip that you'll want to make a wager with.

<coughcough> bandwagon </coughcough>

:D

Scott D
7/12/2006, 07:22 PM
<coughcough> bandwagon </coughcough>

:D

that issue was settled last year son.