PDA

View Full Version : michael young

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2006, 10:08 PM
maybe now he'll get some national attention.......just hit a 2 out triple in the top of the 9th on an 0-2 count to put the AL up 3-2.......

Stanley1
7/11/2006, 10:23 PM
I hate that guy.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/12/2006, 12:08 AM
maybe now he'll get some national attention.......just hit a 2 out triple in the top of the 9th on an 0-2 count to put the AL up 3-2.......
Arguably the best two-strike hitter in the game comes through again.
I was about to point out the fact that maybe tonight's performance gives him some overdue pub. Sports Illustrated had that profile on him a couple of months ago, which was good I might add, that called him baseball's best-kept secret.
Hate to say it, but the secret's out now.

chbrew09
7/12/2006, 01:24 AM
yeah...NL deserved the win

colleyvillesooner
7/12/2006, 09:09 AM
yeah...NL deserved the win

Nope the team that gutted it out in the 9th deserved to win. Like sportscenter said last night, good job by the NL showing the AL major heat all night, then throwing Hoffman and his slower stuff up there. Plus with all the subs in, the defense was weaker. If Cabrerra isn't playing up and on the line, the NL wins.

GrapevineSooner
7/12/2006, 10:37 AM
Yup.

If you've got one of the best closers in the game in the 9th with two outs and a two strike count on the hitter and he can't close the deal, you cannot say your team deserved to win.

I'm happy for Michael Young. Very happy for him.