PDA

View Full Version : anyone watching Rockstar Supernova?

oumartin
7/11/2006, 08:10 PM
that chick in the white dress was out there...
loved the dress and corset but she sucked.

KC//CRIMSON
7/11/2006, 08:19 PM
If I was Tommy Lee, I would dump Gilby Clarke, grab the lead guitarist in the house band, and find a lead singer somewhere else.:cool:

oumartin
7/11/2006, 08:21 PM
did you see the girl in black snap one off in him? clarke.

Norm In Norman
7/19/2006, 08:28 AM
I haven't watched any of these shows because "America's got talent" is a better fit for all 3 family members and it's on at the same time, but last night I caught the last 15 minutes. The first chick I saw did OK, but the second one NAILED "Zombie". She did her own style of it, but it was freakin' awesome. I guess i need to go get this off bittorrent and catch up.

Today I'm just repeating "In your heeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaad, in your heeeeeeeieeeaaaad, zo-humbie, zo-humbie, zo-humbie-uh bie-uh bie-uh" over and over. In my head. In my head.

mrowl
7/19/2006, 08:56 AM
norm, I think you can watch the episodes on the rockstar website... or maybe just performances...

But yes, she nailed zombie.

IB4OU2
7/19/2006, 08:58 AM
I haven't watched any of these shows because "America's got talent" is a better fit for all 3 family members and it's on at the same time, but last night I caught the last 15 minutes. The first chick I saw did OK, but the second one NAILED "Zombie". She did her own style of it, but it was freakin' awesome. I guess i need to go get this off bittorrent and catch up.

Today I'm just repeating "In your heeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaad, in your heeeeeeeieeeaaaad, zo-humbie, zo-humbie, zo-humbie-uh bie-uh bie-uh" over and over. In my head. In my head.

Yes she nailed it so hard it's (the nail) sticking through her chin. The talent on that show is MUCh better than AI or any of the other AI wanna be's. I have a thing for "Storm Large". :O

mrowl
7/19/2006, 08:59 AM
Yes she nailed it so hard it's (the nail) sticking through chin. The talent on that show is MUCh better than AI or any of the other AI wanna be's. I have a thing for "Storm Large". :O

did you look at her website? :D

do a gis search on her also.

supa hot.

IB4OU2
7/19/2006, 09:01 AM
did you look at her website? :D

do a gis search on her also.

supa hot.

Is it NSFW at work?

mrowl
7/19/2006, 09:13 AM
Is it NSFW at work?

if you think see through is nsfw...

Norm In Norman
7/19/2006, 10:44 AM
Here's that zombie video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ-X5ODknGU&search=rockstar%20supernova%20zombie

Boarder
7/19/2006, 07:54 PM
All three tonight should be gone. The girls sing good, but aren't a fit for the band. And the guy needs to put away the Nirvarna.

StoopTroup
8/1/2006, 08:30 PM
The last girl tonight tore up Tommy 2 Tone's "Jenny". IMO

Cam
8/1/2006, 08:33 PM
The last girl tonight tore up Tommy 2 Tone's "Jenny". IMO
That chick is freaking BRUTAL. I either mute it or turn it when she's on cause her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

StoopTroup
8/1/2006, 08:35 PM
That chick is freaking BRUTAL. I either mute it or turn it when she's on cause her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
She scares me. :D

http://www.nrhtx.com/sounds/bands/img/zayra.jpg

Sooner_Bob
8/1/2006, 09:42 PM
Dilana and Storm are definitely hangin' tough with the guys . . . did ya'll vote?

StoopTroup
8/1/2006, 09:43 PM
I bet a guy wins.

Boarder
8/1/2006, 11:01 PM
I didn't think any of the girls would be a fit, but Storm really really really impressed me tonight. That version of "Changes" was awesome. Totally awesome. For me, it's now between Storm and Magni.

Norm In Norman
8/22/2006, 10:05 PM
Damn, that was a good show. I guess they should boot Patrice tomorrow. I didn't really hear her performance though.

At this point they are pretty much all good. I guess it depends on who is the best fit. Storm and Patrice seem to be the least fits right now. After tonight, I kinda think skunkboy should be third on that list. he's good, but the strut he does is annoying and I hate it that he has his back turned all the time.

Sooner_Bob
8/23/2006, 08:07 AM
Yep, I'd be surprised if Patrice makes it to next week . . . she's ok, but for whatever reason the voting fans don't care for her.

Here's my list:

Magni
Dilana
Storm
Ryan
skunkboy <-- He's too inconsistent for me

IB4OU2
8/23/2006, 08:11 AM
Damn, that was a good show. I guess they should boot Patrice tomorrow. I didn't really hear her performance though.

At this point they are pretty much all good. I guess it depends on who is the best fit. Storm and Patrice seem to be the least fits right now. After tonight, I kinda think skunkboy should be third on that list. he's good, but the strut he does is annoying and I hate it that he has his back turned all the time.

Yeah Lucas is one of my least favorites too. Magni, Toby and Dilana are my top 3 choices so far. Storm is really good but she's not a good fit for the group.

mrowl
8/23/2006, 08:17 AM
Dilana was awesome.

tbl
8/23/2006, 08:18 AM
Lucas came out swinging, but he's really been on a downhill slope the past 3 weeks. I personally can't stand his voice.

Ryan has kicked it up to where he's a strong contender now. His original last night was actually a pretty good song, and he performed the mess out of it.

Magni IMO is probably the best fit for the band; image and voice. I hope the audience agrees.

I think Toby has a fantastic rock voice, but I don't know if his image fits with the band. He's too cutesy. Now last night he got more raw, so who knows what thunder he'll be bringing in the next couple of weeks?

Dilana could definitely make it work, but I just don't see those guys putting a girl in the band as long as Merv the Perv is on drums.

Patrice needed to go a long time ago. Tomorrow she's out; I gaurantee it. After her, Storm is next (if the audience will ever put her in the bottom three).

It's going to get very interesting after Patrice leaves. Good show!

mrowl
8/23/2006, 08:20 AM
I hope Storm puts out an album after this, I think she has the most talent, best voice, but is not the right fit.

skycat
8/23/2006, 08:26 AM
I think Dilana is the best by far. I think they'll be more concerned about the fact that Magni has a young child than that Dilana is a woman.

After those two, the quality drops off quite a bit, IMO.

IB4OU2
8/23/2006, 08:28 AM
I hope Storm puts out

I bet we do......:)

tbl
8/23/2006, 08:39 AM
Yeah, but Tommy has two children, so obviously they can make it work with Mags. I agree that Dilana might be the best one for the job (for quite a while, she was the clearcut leader), but I just don't know if it will work.

Once they get rid of Patrice and Storm, it's anybodys gig. I agree about Storm being super talented, but just not fitting.

skycat
8/23/2006, 09:41 AM
Will Magni move his family from Iceland?

I guess he will if he wins.

Boarder
8/23/2006, 10:24 AM
I seem to be in the minority, but I can't stand to listen to Dilana. She sounds like Marianne Faithful, who I also can't stand. It's like she's smoked a million cartons of cigarettes. I just can't take the uber-raspiness.

I like Storm the best, but don't think she'll win. I think she does have a cd out, but I'm not sure. She has a band called Storm Large and the Balls. hehe

To me, Magni should win hands down.

I liked Patrice's original song, but don't think it's right for the band and she'll be out this week.

I liked Ryan's original song, but his voice bugs me, too. I can't put my finger on who it sounds like, but it's just not what I'd think of with Supernova.

Lucas is done. The strange voice/back to the audience/bizarre Mick Jagger strut is starting to annoy.

Toby would be my second choice. He seems cool and I think his voice fits well. Magni just has such a strong stage presence to go with his voice.

As far as winning this contest with this band, I'd be (from 1 down)

Magni
Toby
Storm
Ryan
Dilana
Lucas
Patrice

Beef
8/23/2006, 11:00 AM
I'm with you on Dilana. Not a fan of her voice. If they ended up choosing Lukas, I could see him getting his *** kicked by the band after a week. I think Magni is a superstar waiting to happen.

As far as Patrice, this is the completely wrong gig for her, but with a new CD coming out soon, it's a great way to get some publicity. My brother plays bass on her new album, so BUY IT WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!11!1 He also plays on her New Cool Sampler EP that's on iTunes.

Boarder
8/23/2006, 12:01 PM
OK, Storm and her band have an album coming out "soon" which would lead me to believe "after the show is over". I listened to her songs on MySpace and they sound good. I like the one, "I Want You To Die". It cracks me up.

Sooner_Bob
8/23/2006, 12:43 PM
Was it just me or did Patrice look hawter last night than ever before?

TUSooner
8/23/2006, 01:06 PM
I thought this thread was about astronomy. :O

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7255/largesupernovaxt2.jpg

IB4OU2
8/23/2006, 01:09 PM
Was it just me or did Patrice look hawter last night than ever before?

it was just you Bobby.........;)

tbl
8/23/2006, 01:30 PM
Magni
Toby
Storm
Ryan
Dilana
Lucas
Patrice
I get what you're saying about Dilana, but I've always dug the raspiness. Also, I think she's showed her range to sing outside of that (like last night).

For the list, I'd agree with it but I'd put Dilana in a tie with Toby, then put Ryan in a close 3rd. Those are the top 4, no doubt. Lucas is done (I hope). The producers are still trying to make him out to be a contender, but I don't see it happening.

Norm In Norman
8/23/2006, 02:24 PM
There's something about Dilana though. When she is up there singing it's really natural. I can't think of one performance/style of song that she hasn't done well on. Some of them (like Storm) look like they are trying too hard to entertain the crowd, even though the voice is good. It just doesn't look right. Dilana looks like she should be out there. It's like she is part of the band already.

They were right last night about no matter what song she has to sing she knows what to do with it. I wonder what she would have done to "I will survive" last week. That's the worst song selection of this season, I think.

And again, that house band is awesome. they screwed up the intro to that clapton song last night though.

tbl
8/23/2006, 02:28 PM
Did they? I didn't catch that. They are an amazing house band.

I agree about her comfortability on stage. None of it is contrived... well nothing except those eyelashes. GAG!

skycat
8/23/2006, 02:41 PM
Stage prescence is huge. That's why Ryan can't win, he just doesn't seem comfortable up there.

KC//CRIMSON
8/23/2006, 02:56 PM
I seem to be in the minority, but I can't stand to listen to Dilana. She sounds like Marianne Faithful, who I also can't stand. It's like she's smoked a million cartons of cigarettes. I just can't take the uber-raspiness.
I like Storm the best, but don't think she'll win. I think she does have a cd out, but I'm not sure. She has a band called Storm Large and the Balls. hehe

To me, Magni should win hands down.

I liked Patrice's original song, but don't think it's right for the band and she'll be out this week.

I liked Ryan's original song, but his voice bugs me, too. I can't put my finger on who it sounds like, but it's just not what I'd think of with Supernova.

Lucas is done. The strange voice/back to the audience/bizarre Mick Jagger strut is starting to annoy.

Toby would be my second choice. He seems cool and I think his voice fits well. Magni just has such a strong stage presence to go with his voice.

As far as winning this contest with this band, I'd be (from 1 down)

Magni
Toby
Storm
Ryan
Dilana
Lucas
Patrice

Couldn't have said it better myself. Have you watched any of the webisodes? Dilana is a back stabber and a freak.

I think it comes down to Magni and skunk midget.

KC//CRIMSON
8/23/2006, 02:58 PM
I'm with you on Dilana. Not a fan of her voice. If they ended up choosing Lukas, I could see him getting his *** kicked by the band after a week. I think Magni is a superstar waiting to happen.

As far as Patrice, this is the completely wrong gig for her, but with a new CD coming out soon, it's a great way to get some publicity. My brother plays bass on her new album, so BUY IT WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!11!1 He also plays on her New Cool Sampler EP that's on iTunes.

Yeah, but is your brother bangin' her? Cause that's what we really want to know.;)

NormanPride
8/23/2006, 03:25 PM
Heh. Storm looks like Mya Rudolph from SNL making fun of warbling singers.

Norm In Norman
8/23/2006, 03:55 PM
Did they? I didn't catch that. They are an amazing house band.

I agree about her comfortability on stage. None of it is contrived... well nothing except those eyelashes. GAG!
The notes were there, but it didn't sound very good.

Norm In Norman
8/23/2006, 03:57 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Have you watched any of the webisodes? Dilana is a back stabber and a freak.
How exactly doesn't this not fit in with a rock band like supernova? I like Magni, but he might be too nice for that band.

KC//CRIMSON
8/23/2006, 05:11 PM
How exactly doesn't this not fit in with a rock band like supernova? I like Magni, but he might be too nice for that band.

i think she has a penis.

critical_phil
8/23/2006, 05:36 PM
anyone else uncomfortable with Tommy Lee making swimming pool jokes?

tbl
8/23/2006, 05:40 PM
Stage prescence is huge. That's why Ryan can't win, he just doesn't seem comfortable up there.
He sure did last night...

mrowl
8/23/2006, 06:01 PM
anyone else uncomfortable with Tommy Lee making swimming pool jokes?

if you read some of the blogs and message boards, we are missing some great stuff when the band comments on the performance. :eek: :pop: :eek:

Sooner_Bob
8/23/2006, 07:25 PM
Dilana just bagged on everyone during the interview process this past week . . . whoa.

Norm In Norman
8/23/2006, 08:14 PM
Boy. She's really a bitch. I still think she should be in the top 2 though.

Boarder
8/23/2006, 10:08 PM
Magni and Toby in the bottom 3. People are stupid.

I liked this week's Supernova song better than last. It was ok.

skycat
8/23/2006, 11:00 PM
I thought that Toby's bottom 3 performance was wretched. The Supernova song was kinda meh.

Magni rawked the Hendrix pretty hard.

tbl
8/24/2006, 03:41 PM
The Supernova album is going to be an entire "meh". I'm thinking a lot of these guys would be better off doing something on their own. They're all young and coming up; why hitch yourself to a bunch of washed up replacements?

Dilana is in trouble now...