PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 2007

Snrfn4ever08
7/11/2006, 07:58 PM
it's only one week away!!! i already have it reserved and ready. this is what i wait for every year to try to tide me over until football season. anyone else getting it?

edit: i also thought this would be a great thread to post all of the homemade game covers. i know kingpen already has some up on his site, www.oukingpen.com. if you've never been to his site, go, it's one of the best for stuff like sooner wallpaper

goingoneight
7/11/2006, 09:41 PM
Reggie Bush would have graduated before 2007, he leaves a year early after losing the National Championship Game, and he's still the posterboy at every Wal-Mart for NCAA 2007.

badger
7/11/2006, 11:26 PM
better Reggie than a whorn. :mad:

but, they COULD HAVE put Jason White on the cover--- he DID win a Heisman, yknow.

Snrfn4ever08
7/11/2006, 11:29 PM
Reggie Bush would have graduated before 2007, he leaves a year early after losing the National Championship Game, and he's still the posterboy at every Wal-Mart for NCAA 2007.
go to gamestop. most of the posters i've seen there have the "oklahoma version" with ad. i wish the games came like that, but they don't. that's why i count on you guys to make covers:D

soonerboy112
7/12/2006, 07:34 PM
good call on the oukingpen site there's some cool wallpapers and covers there

gundleok
7/15/2006, 12:49 AM
OU has an A- overall rating (B+ offense, A- defense). The impact players are AD, Ruuu, and Thibodeaux. It's also gonna be $49.99, which I thought was a bit much but who cares...it's NCAA football. I'm sold.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/15/2006, 10:11 AM
when is the release date?

Scott D
7/15/2006, 10:11 AM

two words...

http://www.msu.edu/~daggy/cop/images/00000025.gif

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 10:21 AM
when is the release date?

7/18, next Tuesday. I was picking up some groceries at Target yesterday and went by the electronics section just to check it out and to my surprise they had it early. Then it all fell through when the woman tried to ring it up, wouldn't go through. Looks like it'll be a good game though, the pictures of it on the newer xbox come pretty dang close to reality. Any drawback is having to listen to Corso. As much as the guy reaked it up late in his career, I'd kill to have Keith Jackson doing some playbyplay. I think I remember playing some video-football back in college that had K.Jackson on the play by play/color. Nothing like hearing "whooooaaaa doctor!" after lighting up texas with Demond Parker.

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2006, 11:03 AM
OU has an A- overall rating (B+ offense, A- defense). The impact players are AD, Ruuu, and Thibodeaux. It's also gonna be $49.99, which I thought was a bit much but who cares...it's NCAA football. I'm sold.
oh well, it's not like the $49.99 price is anything new. that's what it's always been, but to me it's worth it. i'm kinda surprised that thibodeaux is one of our impact players. i thought they would do like they did with some teams on the game last year: only put two and then come up with another after you've played of few games with the team

BoomerSooner79
7/15/2006, 02:34 PM
Who is the default QB in '07??

<-- Note: I didn't buy NCAA '06 because it had PT at QB (no offense to PT, but wanted to have the pseudo-more-accurate version with Rhett, and plus still enjoy playing the '05 version with the Jason White style QB). -->

Peas

yermom
7/15/2006, 02:43 PM
there was an updated roster last year with the players in the right spots

:dolemite: is currently on the road trying to find someone to sell it early ;)

i'm gonna settle for midnight on Monday

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 03:43 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6153236/p-4.html

About a quarter of the way down the page it's got some info on OU in the game and a link to a clip of OU vs. ksu. The endzone looks a little bare, no schooner or rufneks.

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2006, 03:51 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6153236/p-4.html

About a quarter of the way down the page it's got some info on OU in the game and a link to a clip of OU vs. ksu. The endzone looks a little bare, no schooner or rufneks.
nice find. spek!!!!:D

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2006, 04:25 PM
hey, for all of you guys like me that hate playing ncaa football without names, i've got the perfect way to fix that. you can order memory cards with the rosters already on the off of sites like ebay. last year i bought one of these cards from the-wicked-net and was very happy with it. they're selling these cards again this year and their prices are very reasonable. i always got tired of typing in names myself, so this was perfect for me. here's a link to the item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NCAA-Football-07-2007-ROSTERS-on-PS2-Memory-Card-MORE_W0QQitemZ200007117600QQihZ010QQcategoryZ11319 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

edit: before buying from the-wicked-net, i found another seller named deuce zeroes who, along with the madden draft classes that come with the-wicked-net card, also promised division 1AA, 2, and historic team names, so i decided to go with that instead. if you want a very safe bet, i would still go with the-wicked-net. i decided to branch out a bit and take a little bit of risk because of the better bonuses. i'll let you guys know if this card is worth it when i get it. it was the same price as the-wicked-net

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/15/2006, 04:36 PM
I can't wait to see Thibodeaux at WR ;)

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2006, 04:39 PM
I can't wait to see Thibodeaux at WR ;)
did i miss something, what are you talking about?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/15/2006, 04:42 PM
it's from that link on gamespot

Big Red Ron
7/15/2006, 04:49 PM
AD is only a 90? And Auburn's RB is a 93? WTF? Weak.

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 05:17 PM
AD is only a 90? And Auburn's RB is a 93? WTF? Weak.

I think that the website is more aware of videogames than football...shamefull. It's got to be a misprint. Here's the correct stats for AD:
http://sports.ign.com/articles/711/711540p1.html

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2006, 05:19 PM
I think that the website is more aware of videogames than football...shamefull. It's got to be a misprint. Here's the correct stats for AD:
http://sports.ign.com/articles/711/711540p1.html
they should really concentrate harder on getting that stuff right. stupid video game sites:mad:

bstuff1979
7/15/2006, 05:20 PM
Here's a link to a website that offers free roster downloads or they can upload the rosters onto a memory card that you mail to them. http://www.fkrosters.com/
I'll probably just put in the names for OU, aggie state, texas, ND, and Nebraska. But, if you've got the extra $30 or however much it costs for a card I'd go with this guy.

hey, for all of you guys like me that hate playing ncaa football without names, i've got the perfect way to fix that. you can order memory cards with the rosters already on the off of sites like ebay. last year i bought one of these cards from the-wicked-net and was very happy with it. they're selling these cards again this year and their prices are very reasonable. i always got tired of typing in names myself, so this was perfect for me. here's a link to the item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NCAA-Football-07-2007-ROSTERS-on-PS2-Memory-Card-MORE_W0QQitemZ200007117600QQihZ010QQcategoryZ11319 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

edit: before buying from the-wicked-net, i found another seller named deuce zeroes who, along with the madden draft classes that come with the-wicked-net card, also promised division 1AA, 2, and historic team names, so i decided to go with that instead. if you want a very safe bet, i would still go with the-wicked-net. i decided to branch out a bit and take a little bit of risk because of the better bonuses. i'll let you guys know if this card is worth it when i get it. it was the same price as the-wicked-net

gundleok
7/15/2006, 05:34 PM
here's the link for Ruuu on ign: http://sports.ign.com/articles/712/712829p4.html

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2006, 06:21 PM
Here's a link to a website that offers free roster downloads or they can upload the rosters onto a memory card that you mail to them. http://www.fkrosters.com/
I'll probably just put in the names for OU, aggie state, texas, ND, and Nebraska. But, if you've got the extra $30 or however much it costs for a card I'd go with this guy.
i've seen their site, but wasn't as impressed with the stuff they offer

Big John
7/15/2006, 10:57 PM
This is the picture gallery from IGN.com (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/811/811815/imgs_1.html)

the grafics look amazing

Snrfn4ever08
7/15/2006, 11:49 PM
This is the picture gallery from IGN.com (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/811/811815/imgs_1.html)

the grafics look amazing
yea, i almost wish i had a 360, but i'm holding out for the ps3. from everything i've seen, it should be better. after sony released the specs, microsoft went back to the drawing board and immediately started trying to update the 360 with better processors and stuff. i can't wait to see the graphics on that thing. i'm not really sure i want to pay the money, though. i'll probably just wait for the huge price drop that every system goes through

SoonerAtKU
7/16/2006, 12:21 AM
Let's just hope Sony can get their chips and the Blu-Ray dies performing above 25% before they put them in boxes this November.

jackietreehorn
7/16/2006, 01:56 AM
my buddy already has the game. he knows a friend that works in the back at wal-mart (sad i know). he said AD is incredible. actually his exact words were, "un f*ckin believable!" he said he rips off 40 yd runs one after another running right up the middle. yeah that's right.

dolemitesooner
7/16/2006, 03:06 AM
You guys make me laugh ...have fun waiting bitches.....MUHSAHAHAHAHAHAH

TripleOption14
7/16/2006, 08:39 AM
If Thibs is an impact player that means he has to have good stats. I think CJ is just as good so i wonder what his stats will be!! Those rush ends could give my friends fits!!!! :D

nBoSTP
7/16/2006, 09:24 AM
go to psxsports.com for free roster downloads. You will need a Shark Port to do it though

TripleOption14
7/16/2006, 10:09 AM
One more thing... you guys know how 06 had a secret player in it. You know the 3'4 OLB that had all 99's. My first question is.. when you were recruiting what state did you him in? And the next question is do you think 07 will have another secret player hidden in the game?

RedstickSooner
7/16/2006, 10:41 AM
yea, i almost wish i had a 360, but i'm holding out for the ps3. from everything i've seen, it should be better. after sony released the specs, microsoft went back to the drawing board and immediately started trying to update the 360 with better processors and stuff. i can't wait to see the graphics on that thing. i'm not really sure i want to pay the money, though. i'll probably just wait for the huge price drop that every system goes through

Yup, waitin' on the PS3, too. I don't care much about the stat differences in the processors 'n such, as I figure both will have games that look great -- and how good stuff looks will depend on how much work game companies put into optimizing for the platform. You can find games that look *awesome* on a PS2 or Xbox, or even a Lunchbox, all depends on the effort put forth.

However, Microsquash really settled for the ugly friend by not putting a next-gen drive into their box standard. Making some kinda optional add-on drive is assinine, as the lack of the drive standard means that HD-DVD will never become the standard for Xbox 360 games. To be available to the greatest number of players, game companies will stick to DVD for their 360 titles, and that means you won't have as much space for content. Yeah, I've heard people claim that you'll never "need" that much space - but games have never had a problem bloating to take up available disk space over the years.

Now, back to NCAA 2007 -- I'm still disappointed with the recruiting process. I keep hoping they'll include a film evaluation component, where you watch the video tape footage of the high school kids you're recruiting playing and evaluate how good they are from it. And I don't think you should *ever* see actual numeric values for the kids, as evaluating how good a player is requires a subjective evaluation. You should get whatever sort of grading from your coaches that a real coach gets, and the only way you should be able to see the "true" numeric stats for a player would be to hack your save file and look at it that way (in other words, by cheating).

I think the game'd be a lot more fun if it had that sort of human evaluation aspect to things, but maybe that's just me :)

Big John
7/16/2006, 02:13 PM
Now, back to NCAA 2007 -- I'm still disappointed with the recruiting process. I keep hoping they'll include a film evaluation component, where you watch the video tape footage of the high school kids you're recruiting playing and evaluate how good they are from it. I think the game'd be a lot more fun if it had that sort of human evaluation aspect to things, but maybe that's just me :)
That is a very interesting idea that I have never thought of. That would add so much more to the game if it were put in.

I would like to have assistant coaches play a bigger role in the game to add more realism. The only thing they have done so far in the game is help recruit by visiting or calling the recruit. The assistants aren't even on the sidelines and you don't have different ones to hire. If you make it to where you can hire the assistants who look different, are different ages, have coached elsewhere, and most importantly, have different schemes then it would make the game much better. They don't even have to do a great job with the idea the first time they use it in the game. They could just have a offensive and defensive coordinator, then later actually have position coaches that you can name offensive or defensive coordinator.

Big John
7/16/2006, 02:32 PM
I like how they made the visors with the Oakley symbols on them, and the Nike gloves that most of the teams wear. They also made the face masks much closer to how they really are, and they made the offensive lineman have chubby faces that match with their bodies instead of having a 300 pound player with a 200 pound player's head. Before the crappy face masks, visors, and faces really bothered me and I'm glad they decided to try and fix those problems even though they are just minor details.

Collier11
7/16/2006, 04:54 PM
i've seen their site, but wasn't as impressed with the stuff they offer

Just go to blacklovers website, you can upload it on a genie for free or a donation

kelloggOUballa
7/17/2006, 11:22 PM
for you guys wanting rosters, DT Linder is the king:

http://psxsports.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&f=32

Snrfn4ever08
7/18/2006, 12:34 AM
i went to pick up my game at the midnight release just to save myself from having to get up and around tomorrow, but i was already feeling sick and then i saw the line. i decided to put it off and wait until tomorrow:(

yermom
7/18/2006, 12:47 AM
yeah, ok i suck, i can't beat Texass

i need to learn to play defense again

Rufus is a badass :42:

Big John
7/18/2006, 10:03 AM
When I got the game at midnight I decided to change all the players to look like the real players and edit their names and heights/weights to be correct. I found no way to edit the players equipment though. I wouldn't think that the game would not have a feature that it has been having for a very long time.So, can anyone tell me how the edit the players equipment, or if you know for sure you cant? The manual is about four pages long and isn't much help.

melbitoast
7/18/2006, 10:32 AM
The graphics don't look as good on some of the previews I've seen so far. Has anyone played it yet that can give me an idea on the graphics? I'm picking up my copy after work tonight, so any insight would be great.

yermom
7/18/2006, 10:40 AM
it really looks like they did all the hardcore development on menus and graphics for the 360 version, the XBox and PS2 versions are like the stepchildren or something

when we were at the store last night they had them side by side on an old XBox and a 360 and the difference was incredible

kinda noticed the same thing when i got home to my PS2

if i didn't hate XBox so much, i might consider getting a 360...

Snrfn4ever08
7/18/2006, 11:26 AM
so, i got my game this morning and you guys will be happy to know that the first game i played, i beat #2 Texas 34-0 in heisman mode. i held their offense to 47 yards and they never made it to midfield and my offense got 407 yards with bomar and peterson both having field days. as for the graphics (i have a ps2), there are very little differences from previous years. i don't think though that huge graphic improvement was the intention of ea sports on ps2 and xbox. i like the game just as much as i've like it in previous years. there are a few things that have changed and take a little getting used to. the new kicking meter is a lot different, but i thought it was a lot easier to use than the old one. there are also a bunch of awkward camera angles when doing stuff like returning punts. the playbooks are a little different, but i had no problem transitioning from the last years game to this years game. so far, the only problem i have with it involves switching players on defense. circle changes players, but i can't find any button that goes through a reverse cycle like last years version. i guess i'll have to do some studying up on this stuff in my manual. all that said, most of the changes were subtle, but not much was needed. i haven't played any modes other than play now so far, so i don't know what any of that's like. now that i've had my warm up, i think i'm ready to take it online and make some people cry. i rate this game 10/10, but as big a fan of the game as i am, that's not really saying much. now i just want my new memory card with all the rosters to come in so i can stop playing with players like HB #28 and QB #7. well, i'm going to stop babbling now, but i hope this helps for anyone who wasn't sure they wanted to buy it. if you guys have any questions about the game, just post them in this forum or peem me and i'll do my best to answer themHook 'em

msteudem
7/18/2006, 04:03 PM
The graphics don't look as good on some of the previews I've seen so far. Has anyone played it yet that can give me an idea on the graphics? I'm picking up my copy after work tonight, so any insight would be great.

I got the 360 version and the graphics are great. One of the features that you can do is take a snapshot picture at any point during a replay and save it to disk or a card. I was running toward the end zone with Bomar on one play and dove over 2 players like superman. It was awesome. One run by AD looked so real- he was fighting off tacklers while twisting around and highstepping- it was sweet. I only got to play it for about an hour last night. There are several mini games built in that are fun. I played bowling where each time your score a td it counts as a strike but if you throw an incomplete pass or get tackled for a loss it counts as a gutter ball. fun stuff
Needless to say I will be very busy once I get off work.

I_SMELL_FEAR
7/19/2006, 08:24 AM
if i didn't hate XBox so much, i might consider getting a 360...
Yeah, I held off as long as I could but it sounds like Sony is really screwing the pooch now days so I jumped ship and got the 360...couldnt be happier if I was a poke with an orange turd.

You should come on over to the dark side...the water is fine and in HD.

bstuff1979
7/20/2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I held off as long as I could but it sounds like Sony is really screwing the pooch now days so I jumped ship and got the 360...couldnt be happier if I was a poke with an orange turd.

You should come on over to the dark side...the water is fine and in HD.

The 360 version is possibly the greatest thing since the wishbone. If I had no social life, conscience, or work ethic I may never leave the house. As of last night, I'm happy to say that I rank in the top ten on the internet play rankings in terms of points for vs. points against. I don't play all that often, so I'm certain that this won't last very long. The one thing that sucks is those folks who think they're the greatest and all they do is drop back 20 yards with a quick QB or the ones that have found the "money play" that can't be stopped and run it all game long. Yeah, that ruins it. Oh, the only downer about 360 is they have a generic cotton bowl.

I_SMELL_FEAR
7/20/2006, 01:04 PM
The 360 version is possibly the greatest thing since the wishbone. If I had no social life, conscience, or work ethic I may never leave the house. As of last night, I'm happy to say that I rank in the top ten on the internet play rankings in terms of points for vs. points against. I don't play all that often, so I'm certain that this won't last very long. The one thing that sucks is those folks who think they're the greatest and all they do is drop back 20 yards with a quick QB or the ones that have found the "money play" that can't be stopped and run it all game long. Yeah, that ruins it. Oh, the only downer about 360 is they have a generic cotton bowl.

Yeah, thats why I dont even play online anymore. I also got tired of waiting 5 minutes for them to make substitution after substitution. Im a pureist (sp?), I like people that play somewhat the way a game would be played, punt on 4th and long, kick field goals...

You would think since they added specific big game stadiums they would at least get them right.

The quick save on 360 is just what the doctor ordered, I love that. Dont know if ps2 has it or not...I also like how it takes like 3 seconds to save and load games compared to the 20-30 seconds for ps2.

Im looking into buying another 27" flat panel HDTV so I dont have to share with the wife. Nothing is worse than pacing the floor waiting for the wife to get through watching "Americas got talent" so I can get some football in.

bstuff1979
7/20/2006, 02:30 PM
Yeah, thats why I dont even play online anymore. I also got tired of waiting 5 minutes for them to make substitution after substitution. Im a pureist (sp?), I like people that play somewhat the way a game would be played, punt on 4th and long, kick field goals...

You would think since they added specific big game stadiums they would at least get them right.

The quick save on 360 is just what the doctor ordered, I love that. Dont know if ps2 has it or not...I also like how it takes like 3 seconds to save and load games compared to the 20-30 seconds for ps2.

Im looking into buying another 27" flat panel HDTV so I dont have to share with the wife. Nothing is worse than pacing the floor waiting for the wife to get through watching "Americas got talent" so I can get some football in.

That's pretty much the way I play, no money plays and punting/field goals when it's 4th down. So far I've had about half and half on online play with only one really irritating game against a guy playing with Tennessee. There is some hope though, I've found that using the 30 stack works pretty well. Just rush the corners and/or safeties with a two deep zone and push back the coverage. When they try and run it, there are enough guys in the box with the formation to keep them from getting any more than 5 yards or so. The nice thing about the "cheeser" people is that they more often than not don't have the first clue on x's and o's. They'll never think to adjust outside of the three or four plays they use. It's just that money play that gets under my skin (play action bootleg right with the wr running a streak route.) It works for them about 60% of the time, but you can usually spot someone who will use these kind of tactics as they'll pick tOSU/UF/Tenn. Don't think alot of them (as they're usually not really into watching college ball outside of their team) have picked up on the fact that WV could be really hard to beat.

Snrfn4ever08
7/20/2006, 10:10 PM
That's pretty much the way I play, no money plays and punting/field goals when it's 4th down. So far I've had about half and half on online play with only one really irritating game against a guy playing with Tennessee. There is some hope though, I've found that using the 30 stack works pretty well. Just rush the corners and/or safeties with a two deep zone and push back the coverage. When they try and run it, there are enough guys in the box with the formation to keep them from getting any more than 5 yards or so. The nice thing about the "cheeser" people is that they more often than not don't have the first clue on x's and o's. They'll never think to adjust outside of the three or four plays they use. It's just that money play that gets under my skin (play action bootleg right with the wr running a streak route.) It works for them about 60% of the time, but you can usually spot someone who will use these kind of tactics as they'll pick tOSU/UF/Tenn. Don't think alot of them (as they're usually not really into watching college ball outside of their team) have picked up on the fact that WV could be really hard to beat.
maybe you guys could help me about a little bit online. as bad as ou's line sucks on this game, what's the best way to move the ball down the field when they're blitzing 7 or 8 guys straight up the middle and have 3 dbs playing my receivers tight? i don't usually have any time to actually sit back and read the play. if i run ad up the middle, it doesn't work. if i run him to the outside, i break a lot of big plays, but i can't keep it consistent enough. also, anytime i try to throw to ad out of the backfield, they always have somebody on him. by the time i snap the ball, i've already got 2 or 3 defenders in my face. help me!!!!!!:(

bstuff1979
7/20/2006, 10:15 PM
maybe you guys could help me about a little bit online. as bad as ou's line sucks on this game, what's the best way to move the ball down the field when they're blitzing 7 or 8 guys straight up the middle and have 3 dbs playing my receivers tight? i don't usually have any time to actually sit back and read the play. if i run ad up the middle, it doesn't work. if i run him to the outside, i break a lot of big plays, but i can't keep it consistent enough. also, anytime i try to throw to ad out of the backfield, they always have somebody on him. by the time i snap the ball, i've already got 2 or 3 defenders in my face. help me!!!!!!:(

quick out routes in a 2 te ace set. use gresham's speed and he'll burn the d. if you're having o-line issues that bad, abandon the pa. or you'll be eating grass. try using an o with a two back shotgun set and hit the short routes with quick two step drops and then mix in a draw play or two when they go to bumpnrun coverage. if they're blitzing/biting that hard and pa's don't work, that's the next best thing. after that, let ad be ad.

Snrfn4ever08
7/20/2006, 10:18 PM
quick out routes in a 2 te ace set. use gresham's speed and he'll burn the d. if you're having o-line issues that bad, abandon the pa. or you'll be eating grass. try using an o with a two back shotgun set and hit the short routes with quick two step drops and then mix in a draw play or two when they go to bumpnrun coverage. if they're blitzing/biting that hard and pa's don't work, that's the next best thing. after that, let ad be ad.
once again, i appreciate all of the help. you've got some good ideas that i haven't tried on people yet. i think i also need to stop playing people using tOSU and play more people that use texas. both of my wins come against texas in blowouts.

bstuff1979
7/21/2006, 12:24 AM
once again, i appreciate all of the help. you've got some good ideas that i haven't tried on people yet. i think i also need to stop playing people using tOSU and play more people that use texas. both of my wins come against texas in blowouts.

I just finished lecturing someone who had to be no older than 13 over the evil of the naked bootlegs and pa fake rollouts that turn into 20stepdrop epics. and I quote, "then what do you call ut...they just exposed usc's d". I respond, "don't argue xo's with me. ut's offense uses a play called the option read, you and everyone's dog are using naked bootlegs". went on to tell him that nobody likes this style of play, that you can stop it and when you do that folks like him usually quit. of course, i've started to quit as soon as they show the first sign of it as i did with him. he asks why and i tell him that playing 5 to 7 games over 2 evenings with what is my free time isn't much fun when all but one of those games consisted of the other team's O using the same exact two or three plays all game long in each of the games. i needed to rant, or smack a texas fan. that would make me feel better.