PDA

View Full Version : Ha Ha - Poooor Aggie

Big Red Ron
7/11/2006, 10:55 AM
By Mike Baldwin
The Oklahoman

STILLWATER - OSU has built its stadium. But will the fans come?

http://www.newsok.com/article/20006280

The downside is season ticket sales are down by 22 percent.
Grant Wall, a 1973 OSU graduate who lives in Shawnee, has owned football season tickets for 30 years. Wall said he and several friends will not renew football season tickets because of the increase. “I’ve sat through a lot of losing seasons,” Wall said. “When you’re 4-7 and you increase tickets by 50 percent, that didn’t sit well. If we won national championships like they have at Oklahoma or were 10-2 or 9-3 every year, you can do that. I hope I look back one day and regret I let my tickets go. I’m still an OSU fan. I just decided it’s time to try something else.”:twinkies:

Snrfn4ever08
7/11/2006, 10:56 AM
the boone pickens empire is already failing

badger
7/11/2006, 11:01 AM
By Mike Baldwin
The Oklahoman

STILLWATER - OSU has built its stadium. But will the fans come?

http://www.newsok.com/article/20006280

The downside is season ticket sales are down by 22 percent.
Grant Wall, a 1973 OSU graduate who lives in Shawnee, has owned football season tickets for 30 years. Wall said he and several friends will not renew football season tickets because of the increase. [/U]“I’ve sat through a lot of losing seasons,” Wall said. “When you’re 4-7 and you increase tickets by 50 percent, that didn’t sit well. [u]If we won national championships like they have at Oklahoma or were 10-2 or 9-3 every year, you can do that. I hope I look back one day and regret I let my tickets go. I’m still an OSU fan. I just decided it’s time to try something else.”
:D

Snrfn4ever08
7/11/2006, 11:02 AM
:D
at least they realize our superiority

Big Red Ron
7/11/2006, 11:03 AM
at least they realize our superiorityThey always have, in their heart of hearts.

Rhino
7/11/2006, 11:19 AM
That's priceless.

Flagstaffsooner
7/11/2006, 11:25 AM
The boys of booger continue their downhill spiral.

toast
7/11/2006, 02:18 PM
surprised ticket sales are down with that awesome non-conference schedule they have...oh, wait...

JLB
7/11/2006, 02:25 PM
Hah.I hate Brokeback State as much as I hate SUXET.Fu-k Em.

critical_phil
7/11/2006, 02:28 PM
that d00d is way too rational and un*********ly to be a real aggie.

and why would baldwin send that to print?

someone got punked......

caphorns
7/11/2006, 02:29 PM
I’m still an OSU fan. I just decided it’s time to try something else

I'm always concerned when an aggy gets interested in trying "something else." Haven't they tried enough stupid sh!t already?

Snrfn4ever08
7/11/2006, 02:31 PM
I'm always concerned when an aggy gets interested in trying "something else." Haven't they tried enough stupid sh!t already?
yea, what is there left to try, he's already worn out his prized sheep

XingTheRubicon
7/11/2006, 02:39 PM
There is no limit to the sadness of aggie.

If O-state was a soft drink, they'd be Mountain Don't.

sooneron
7/11/2006, 02:43 PM
More seats for the rest of the conference visitors. I call it win-win

devOUt
7/11/2006, 02:46 PM
The aggies raise ticket prices (after a 4-7 season) expecting a 20-25% increase in football revenue. Due to the increased cost of tickets, season ticket sales are down 22%. This is classic aggynomics.:eddie:

OUstud
7/11/2006, 02:48 PM
I can't wait for a crimson majority when we crush them to cap their 2 win season and our undefeated season :D.

silverwheels
7/11/2006, 02:50 PM
I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

Octavian
7/11/2006, 02:50 PM
More seats for the rest of the conference visitors. I call it win-win

zackly.

They'll sell out every OU and Nebraska game at Butt Pickin's.

In both instances, the crowd will be (at least) half red.

King Crimson
7/11/2006, 02:55 PM
The aggies raise ticket prices (after a 4-7 season) expecting a 20-25% increase in football revenue. Due to the increased cost of tickets, season ticket sales are down 22%. This is classic aggynomics.:eddie:

you do have to kind of wonder who makes decisions like this.....or fails to see where the baseline on the graph is.

Big Red Ron
7/11/2006, 02:56 PM

If O-state was a soft drink, they'd be Mountain Don't.Mountain Don't, you're killing me!:D

IB4OU2
7/11/2006, 03:02 PM
you do have to kind of wonder who makes decisions like this.....or fails to see where the baseline on the graph is.

Schmedly, Mike Holder and Boone......who else? Bunch a freakin' aggot idiots and one's a transplanted sand aggie...:rolleyes:

Mjcpr
7/11/2006, 03:16 PM
My SIL already managed to buy tickets to the OU game at their place. I was shocked they could be found so early. Should be plenty of Sooners in attendance. :D

IB4OU2
7/11/2006, 03:26 PM
My SIL already managed to buy tickets to the OU game at their place. I was shocked they could be found so early. Should be plenty of Sooners in attendance. :D

I swore I would never go to another game in Rustoleum after the 02' game. They over sold the place and I had to standup pretty much the whole game.

Mjcpr
7/11/2006, 03:29 PM
I've always been leery of going but I agreed to it this once.

fadada1
7/11/2006, 03:43 PM
i failed economics... twice (thankfully retook and got an A)... i digress.

if economics would've been that easy to understand, i wouldn't have failed it the first two times.

Question 1: You have recently increased prices by 50%, and expect a subsequent increase in sales. Unfortunately, 6 months later, you realize your product is tragically flawed. Fortunately, half of the consumers of your product are borderline retarded and have decided to renew their product subscription (the other half fall 2 standard deviations below normal intelligence). Using proper non-barnyard grammar, how will your product perform for the months September thru December?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/11/2006, 03:49 PM
Those people that didn't renew are hella smart(other than that pesky little being an OsU fan thing) You know that if sales don't pick up they will start selling cheap *** packages!!! Let's face it, They are going to sell out the OU and Texas game every second year and every 4 years or so, they will sell out the Nebraska game. But they shouldn't have jumped prices so high...they should slowly do it ;)

Taxman71
7/11/2006, 04:13 PM
After 2004's game, I won't go back to that POS. The folks that run the football program, stadium, big screen TV, announcers, etc. all act just like your typical aggie fan does. Very low-class and not worth the $100 they are asking.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/11/2006, 04:15 PM
within 10 years OU might be playing in front of a home crowd in Stillwater...if we keep buying tickets ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/11/2006, 04:42 PM
I've always been leery of going but I agreed to it this once.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/7/3/3732325824dffee7438dcf045e11d37b.jpg

101sooner
7/11/2006, 05:14 PM
Windows that open and shut?

"One highlight is moveable glass. On sunny days, suite owners can leave windows open. On cold or rainy days, windows can be closed."

Dear God, make it stop.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/11/2006, 05:17 PM
Dangit.

Taxman71
7/11/2006, 06:01 PM

"One highlight is moveable glass. On sunny days, suite owners can leave windows open. On cold or rainy days, windows can be closed."

Dear God, make it stop.

That is a big deal to them....considering they normally have to turn that screw thing for ventilation in their trailers.

The Consumate Showman
7/11/2006, 06:19 PM
This is totally pathetic. I heard Traber, Mildren, and Deano on the animal coming home and they were discussing it. Traber kept saying that "Well, if you want to be at the top like OU and UT, you've got to take this step sometime..." Problem Trab, IT'S STILL FREAKIN' LOSUR.....YOU'RE NOT GOING TO COMPETE FOR A MNC LET ALONE A BIG XII TITLE!!!!!!! Deano siad it best, you can build all the nice facilities and hire all the giltzy people you want, but it comes down to winning and if they aren't winning, they're going to be the laughing stock.....

The Consumate Showman
7/11/2006, 06:19 PM

Dear God, make it stop.

A classic. Period.

oumartin
7/11/2006, 06:33 PM
yeah i was listening to the sportskitten on the way to work and i was dumb founded by their attempt to raise their ticket prices. They couldn't fill that stadium if they gave tickets away.. what would be funny is for a bunch of OU fans to scoop up the season tickets to that dump to make sure it stays 3/4 empty for every game.

AlabamaSooner
7/11/2006, 06:55 PM
$100 for a Bedlam ticket this year? WOW. Good thing I just graduated and left Norman because I would be out $100. :P

Snrfn4ever08
7/11/2006, 06:56 PM
$100 for a Bedlam ticket this year? WOW. Good thing I just graduated and left Norman because I would be out $100. :P
isn't that about a 50% increase in face value from last year?:eddie:

oumartin
7/11/2006, 07:12 PM
they were 75.00 two years ago in stoolwater.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/11/2006, 07:17 PM
We should have a white out in Stoolwater ;)

goingoneight
7/11/2006, 08:40 PM

If O-state was a soft drink, they'd be still be orange and gross.

Good point... :D

goingoneight
7/11/2006, 08:46 PM
We should have a white out in Stoolwater ;)

There aren't a whole lot of whites in the Stool, so I dunno if that'll go over swell... Especially considering an OU logo is like an Al Quaeda symbol over there already. They might ask you to wrastle out in the parking lot so they don't get their empty seats all bloody...

Snrfn4ever08
7/11/2006, 08:47 PM
There aren't a whole lot of whites in the Stool, so I dunno if that'll go over swell... Especially considering an OU logo is like an Al Quaeda symbol over there already. They might ask you to wrastle out in the parking lot so they don't get their empty seats all bloody...
man, they might actually beat us in wrasslin':eek:

goingoneight
7/11/2006, 09:28 PM
Hey!!! Take it outside!!!

MiccoMacey
7/11/2006, 09:37 PM
man, they might actually beat us in wrasslin':eek:

They are 4x returning NCs. They beat us all the time. We're pretty dull to it by now.

Although in our defense, we've placed like third in four of the last five years.

goingoneight
7/11/2006, 09:43 PM
Waaa... We whoop their asses in front of thousands of live witnesses in revenue sports on National Televison and they wrastle. I "got dull" on the sport when I quit back in HS.

SoonerBorn68
7/11/2006, 09:57 PM
No matter how nice aggie's facilities are they're still a turd in a punch bowl.

MiccoMacey
7/11/2006, 10:04 PM
Waaa... We whoop their asses in front of thousands of live witnesses in revenue sports on National Televison and they wrastle. I "got dull" on the sport when I quit back in HS.

I was just sayin...

Snrfn4ever08
7/11/2006, 11:32 PM
They are 4x returning NCs. They beat us all the time. We're pretty dull to it by now.

Although in our defense, we've placed like third in four of the last five years.
i meant there fans:cool:

The Consumate Showman
7/12/2006, 12:17 AM
i meant there fans:cool:

no, you meant THEIR. ;)

OU4LIFE
7/12/2006, 08:44 AM

I found their baseline.

http://members.cox.net/markandrob/aggie%20graph.png

picasso
7/12/2006, 10:22 AM
After 2004's game, I won't go back to that POS. The folks that run the football program, stadium, big screen TV, announcers, etc. all act just like your typical aggie fan does. Very low-class and not worth the $100 they are asking.
you mean you don't like "another Cowboy first down!":D

Jason White's Third Knee
7/12/2006, 10:26 AM

That's how you come up with kick *** ideas like 'noodling'.

Snrfn4ever08
7/12/2006, 12:10 PM
no, you meant THEIR. ;)
yea, yea, i rarely screw that word up. sue me;)

caphorns
7/12/2006, 04:52 PM

I'm afraid to ask.

101sooner
7/12/2006, 05:00 PM
Hey man, I know some kick-*** Sooner fans that noodle. The sate tourny was in Pauls Valley last weekend.

stoopified
7/12/2006, 05:06 PM

If O-state was a soft drink, they'd be Mountain Don't.Naw man,that would be Boones'Farm Cyanide Cola.

badger
7/12/2006, 07:04 PM
this is from the osu web site:
Master Plan FAQs – November 2005

What is OSU’s campus master plan?
The campus master plan will guide growth and construction at OSU over the next 5 to 20 years. It is important OSU has a vision for the future as it enters an unprecedented period of growth.

The $500 million in anticipated new construction for academic and athletic facilities over the next decade rivals in scope and magnitude the successful MAPS program in Oklahoma City and the Vision 2025 program in Tulsa.

The economic impact to Stillwater would be unparalleled in the history of the city and the benefits to OSU in having the absolute finest research and learning facilities as well as athletic facilities would be transforming in moving OSU into the top 75 public institutions in the United States.

The OSU master plan – the first in nearly eight decades – will provide an orderly and organized approach to managing the growth of the Stillwater campus.

Why is it important?
The campus master plan will successfully marry OSU’s heritage, history, culture, sheep and long-standing values with its current mission, needs, status, Aggies and strategic plan. The new plan will address facilities needs, utilities, traffic patterns, parking facilities, athletics, student housing, animal husbandry and landscaping.

OSU has one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation and that is a result of the original Bennett Plan first developed in the 1920s. As we look to expand in the future, it is critical that we have a well-thought plan to guide us.

Big Red Ron
7/12/2006, 07:58 PM
"If you build it, they will come."

Only in the movies man, only in the movies.

OUstud
7/12/2006, 09:20 PM

And sheep humping! :stunned: