PDA

View Full Version : Zidane vs. the Death Star = No contest

Hatfield
7/11/2006, 10:00 AM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/567/e4b3e85c19b55b41b856a2644f6359.gif

picasso
7/11/2006, 10:07 AM
I just read where France is crying that he was provoked. Well no s*** Jacque!
Anyone who's ever played sports has had to deal with verbal abuse. It's a form of psyching out the opponent.:rolleyes:

Hatfield
7/11/2006, 10:12 AM
yeah, some various theories out there on what was said....my favorite is the claim that he was called, "the son of a terrorist whore".

that is grade A smack right there.

picasso
7/11/2006, 10:14 AM
yeah, some various theories out there on what was said....my favorite is the claim that he was called, "the son of a terrorist whore".

that is grade A smack right there.
yes yes it is. that dude that got him should probably get an award.

OU4LIFE
7/11/2006, 10:16 AM
he did, it's called first place in the world cup.

picasso
7/11/2006, 10:23 AM
he did, it's called first place in the world cup.
example of weak smack.

OU4LIFE
7/11/2006, 10:27 AM
go sand your grips Tiny.

example of weak painter smack.

Hatfield
7/11/2006, 10:49 AM
Updated: July 11, 2006
Materazzi admits to insulting Zidane

Marco Materazzi has admitted he insulted Zinedine Zidane prior to the head-butt which earned the Frenchman a red card in Sunday's World Cup final.

Zidane lost his cool during extra-time in Berlin and charged at Italy defender Materazzi, butting him in the chest.

Theories have abounded as to what Materazzi might have said to provoke such a response and the former Everton defender concedes he did make an offensive remark.

Materazzi, 32, told Gazetta dello Sport: 'I held his shirt for a few seconds only, then he turned to me and talked to me, jeering.

'He looked at me with a huge arrogance and said, `If you really want my shirt I'll give it to you afterwards'. I replied with an insult, that's true.'

Materazzi has not elaborated on what he did say, but one report suggested he responded with: `I'd rather take the shirt off your wife'.

He has denied, however, some of the more vile insults referring to his wife or sister or calling him a terrorist.

'It was one of those insults you're told dozens of times and that you often let fall on a pitch,' Materazzi said.

'I did not call him a terrorist. I am not a cultured person and I don't even know what as Islamist terrorist is.'

He added: 'For me the mother is sacred, you know that.'

The incident marked an unsavoury end to Zidane's career, especially as France went on to lose the match on penalties. The 34-year-old had said he would retire after the tournament.

Zidane himself is yet to speak on the incident but his agent yesterday claimed the reaction was due to a 'very serious' comment.

Suggestions that Materazzi's remarks may have been vile or racist in nature have raised the issue of whether he should face some sort of retrospective action himself.

Tournament organisers FIFA have given no indication they might pursue such a line but English referees chief Keith Hackett sees no reason why such a principle should not be established.

Hackett told BBC Radio Five Live: 'They are reluctant to take action after the game but here is a situation where, if there is proof, for the good of the game, action should be taken.

'I am pleased the Football Association, in May, wrote a circular to all clubs, through the PFA and LMA, reminding everyone that racist remarks constitute a sending-off offence.'

picasso
7/11/2006, 11:16 AM
example of weak painter smack.
I could go with golf attire smack and say you looked like Chewbacca on vacation the other day, all you needed was a camera wrapped around your neck. but I won't go there.:D

OU4LIFE
7/11/2006, 12:05 PM
feel free to go there Mr. Untucked T-shirt guy. you were just sleeves away from complete hillbilly. If that had just been a wife beater....

Damn kids....TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN.

and stay off my lawn.

picasso
7/11/2006, 12:08 PM
feel free to go there Mr. Untucked T-shirt guy. you were just sleeves away from complete hillbilly. If that had just been a wife beater....

Damn kids....TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN.

and stay off my lawn.
I always wear a nice collared mercerized cotton shirt when playing a golf course that doesn't have hillbilly chainsaw art displayed on it's tees.

and, that nike dry fit is a sweet shirt btw. sorry they don't make your size in it.

mdklatt
7/11/2006, 12:21 PM
Materazzi has not elaborated on what he did say, but one report suggested he responded with: `I'd rather take the shirt off your wife'.

Awesome.

yermom
7/11/2006, 12:41 PM
the jerkstore called, and they were all out of him

Hatfield
7/11/2006, 12:43 PM
and, that nike dry fit is a sweet shirt btw. sorry they don't make your size in it.

point picasso

Tear Down This Wall
7/11/2006, 01:32 PM
Racist? An Italian belittling a farty Frenchman is racist now? Aren't they both white, European males?

Dude, if this doesn't prove that the French are Grade A p*ssies, nothing ever will.

Hatfield
7/11/2006, 01:37 PM
Racist? An Italian belittling a farty Frenchman is racist now? Aren't they both white, European males?

Dude, if this doesn't prove that the French are Grade A p*ssies, nothing ever will.

the racist angle goes more to his algerian blood than his frenchie blood. just for clarity sake

Tear Down This Wall
7/11/2006, 01:46 PM
Good point. But, c'mon, the guy was born and raised in France. He's a spotty Frenchman.

Scott D
7/11/2006, 01:51 PM
another one circulating today is that Matarazzi made a very profane reference about Zidane's mother, whom is relatively gravely ill.

OU4LIFE
7/11/2006, 02:07 PM
I always wear a nice collared mercerized cotton shirt when playing a golf course that doesn't have hillbilly chainsaw art displayed on it's tees.

Pffft, it was a gray frikkin t-shirt...and it doesn't come in "men's"? Who knew.

Not all of us wear toddler, runt.

I doubt you even own a collared shirt. They don't sell those in Cleveland, you's gots ta go to tha city fer that high fallutin stuff. *spit*

picasso
7/11/2006, 02:09 PM
another one circulating today is that Matarazzi made a very profane reference about Zidane's mother, whom is relatively gravely ill.
so you drop the guy during regulation? clock him afterwards during the post-game sportsmanship crap.

Tear Down This Wall
7/11/2006, 02:15 PM
Maybe he called him an Aggy.

sooneron
7/11/2006, 02:38 PM
Maybe he called him a whorn

mrowl
7/11/2006, 03:07 PM
head butt game:

http://www.addictinggames.com/zidaneheadbuttgame.html

n8v_ndn
7/11/2006, 05:11 PM
Frenchmen only know how to make love and fight with their faces...

Scott D
7/11/2006, 06:15 PM
so you drop the guy during regulation? clock him afterwards during the post-game sportsmanship crap.

I'm not justifying it, but they'd been going after him the whole match verbally. From slanders about his parentage (both parents native Algerians, not sure if he was born there or in France), the usual 'Frenchie' stuff, to whatever finally made him snap after nearly 2 hours of the game.

Now there's talk that the Italian player Matarazzi could get suspended by FIFA for his role in the matter.

Zidane has a short fuse though, in the Italian league when he played there a few years ago he headbutted a guy for tackling him from behind. To be fair, when it happened he didn't have the ball, so he had an excuse to be upset. In the 1998 World Cup he stomped on a Saudi Arabian player for something that happened on the field.

StoopTroup
7/11/2006, 08:02 PM
Frenchmen only know how to make pooh and fight with their feces...
Fixed.

Vaevictis
7/11/2006, 08:48 PM
Worst part about it is, if you're going to do something that's going to get you a red card... for f's sake, really beat the crap out of the guy so he can't play either.

Loser.