PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Dog! :(

IB4OU2
7/11/2006, 09:10 AM
We've got this Lab mix that's nice and friendly but he's one of the dumbest dogs we've ever owned. Every 3 or 4 months he chases a
skunk and gets sprayed. Yesterday morning we let him out and he immediately runs down the hill to the koi pond and catches and kills a skunk while getting sprayed point blank on the head and in the mouth. You would think even the dumbest animal would eventually learn not to mess with a freakin' skunk.

Btw, it took my wife most of the afternoon to cleanup that stupid a** dog. I guess that's what we get for adopting a dog from an OSU pre-vet student.......:mad: and Norm you're not the only on that has bad days. :)

1stTimeCaller
7/11/2006, 09:12 AM
make sure he's up to date on his rabies shot!

Mjcpr
7/11/2006, 09:13 AM
Tell your wife to keep a stash of dish soap and peroxide on hand for future skunk baths.

IB4OU2
7/11/2006, 09:18 AM
1TC, We do keep their shots up to date (the dogs go to the the Vet atleast once every two months) and MJ we have a magic recipe for skunk cleanup but it's kinda hard to dunk their head in a bucket of the stuff without drowning them.

MamaMia
7/11/2006, 09:22 AM
Tell your wife to keep a stash of dish soap and peroxide on hand for future skunk baths.
Does peroxide work better than vanilla and tomato juice?

That happened to little Punky one evening, and he was so prissy that he didnt even like to get his paws wet. Well, he came through the doggy door smelling so bad that my granddaughter said he was on fire. Thank goodness we got to him before he got off the tiled kitchen floor. I tried to catch the skunk with trap. Our animal guy, Slab, said he would take him into the woods. We never caught the stinky rascal but we did catch a cat that belonged down the street.

Mjcpr
7/11/2006, 09:24 AM
Does peroxide work better than vanilla and tomato juice?

Never tried that one, but the dish soap and peroxide worked well for our dog. The dish soap supposedly breaks down the oil that's in the skunk funk. Not sure what the peroxide's purpose is exactly.

IB4OU2
7/11/2006, 09:31 AM
Never tried that one, but the dish soap and peroxide worked well for our dog. The dish soap supposedly breaks down the oil that's in the skunk funk. Not sure what the peroxide's purpose is exactly.

We use that recipe but we also add baking soda.

1stTimeCaller
7/11/2006, 09:33 AM

try tomato with a little basil and extra virgin olive oal next time.

Mjcpr
7/11/2006, 09:34 AM
try tomato with a little basil and extra virgin olive oal next time.

That was only required for the Oal/Oal Filter thread.

:D

1stTimeCaller
7/11/2006, 09:37 AM
oh, you didn't specify and I didn't want to anger a longtime poster such as yourself. ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/11/2006, 09:43 AM
oh, you didn't specify and I didn't want to anger a longtime poster such as yourself. ;)

Hehehehehe....

Ike
7/11/2006, 10:54 AM

this is the recipie I use. The peroxide is actually what breaks down the skunk chemicals, while the dish soap is mainly there to replace the smell with a purty one. The baking soda is to give it some abrasiveness.

LoyalFan
7/11/2006, 01:05 PM
KNOW YOUR ENEMY!

http://www.visittex.com/images/602.jpg

LF

PS: While we're at it...KNOW YOUR ENEMA!

http://medinfo.ufl.edu/~bms5191/mod/images/enema.jpg

elleff