PDA

View Full Version : election year sucks

badger
7/10/2006, 04:51 PM
I am so sick of all of these crazy ads that are appearing on television.

If you have not seen what I am talking about, go to:

bobsullivanforgov.com

:mad:

OklaUalum
7/11/2006, 05:13 PM
I'm already sick of the political candidates hidding behind this bull**** "border security". Hey guys "RED HERRING". Focus on some legit issues!!! Deficit...taxes...if you are local how about bridges/roads...education spending...
worthless ****s.

Big Red Ron
7/12/2006, 09:51 PM
Vote for Williamson...he doesn't have any negative ads. Istook's a turd.

Big Red Ron
7/12/2006, 09:51 PM
Vote for Williamson...he doesn't have any negative ads. Istook's a turd.

badger
7/13/2006, 12:45 AM
I have met all the major candidates for governor and spoken with them. I was very disappointed to see Mr. Sullivan turn to negative ads. I was also equally disappointed to see Rep. Istook's response ad. For you outta staters, both ads can be viewed at their sites, bobsullivanforgov.com and istook.com

Williamson has a lot of experience--- not just as a state senator, but also as a lawyer and as a history teacher in Tulsa. That's not to say the other three candidates (including inc. Gov. Brad Henry) don't. Istook started as a journalist at the Capitol (after graduating from Baylor, heh) and has experience at state and federal government. Sullivan runs his family's business in Tulsa. Henry was Speaker and served in state government and has worked as a lawyer in Shawnee.

While I am disappointed in both Rep. Istook and Sullivan resorting to attack ads, I would still recommend you vote based on issues, not based on how many ads you see, yards signs, etc.