PDA

View Full Version : What Music do your grandparents listen to?

slickdawg
7/10/2006, 04:21 PM
if they are alive

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/10/2006, 04:23 PM
Good Lord, you start a lot of threads.

Dang. :mack:

Marty Robbins.

yermom
7/10/2006, 04:23 PM
one of my grandmothers used to listen to a lot of Neil Diamond, now it's Celine Dion :eek:

not really sure about the other 2...

TopDaugIn2000
7/10/2006, 04:24 PM
fats domino
tennessee ernie ford
boots randolph
hank williams (the first)
the statler bros

A few others I can't remember

(I made my grandpa 3 CDs packed with all his faves for his bday)

royalfan5
7/10/2006, 04:24 PM
Pretty much Church hyms. I don't think any of them have any music recordings. My Grandpa does really like the Oak Ridge Boys and Statler Brothers though.

royalfan5
7/10/2006, 04:25 PM

Marty Robbins.
Marty Robbins rules.

TopDaugIn2000
7/10/2006, 04:30 PM
honest to God:

one of my best friend's little granny down in New Orleans sings clarence carter's "Strokin" on karoake night at the bowling alley pretty much every week.

she even had it played at my friend's wedding two summers ago, and she and all her granny friends got out there and did a line dance while singing.

CRACKED. ME. UP.

slickdawg
7/10/2006, 04:34 PM

Marty Robbins.

You no like me copycat?

where's the love, man?

;)

slickdawg
7/10/2006, 04:35 PM
My late grandfather, the sailor/iron worker, didn't listen to ANY music.
He hated it. He'd listen to news radio at best.

My grandmother used to listen to Johnny Cash and some other old gospel
singers.

Okla-homey
7/10/2006, 04:38 PM
Mine are listening to angels playing harps...or whatever genre is popular in Heaven these days.

royalfan5
7/10/2006, 04:39 PM
Mine are listening to angels playing harps...or whatever genre is popular in Heaven these days.
Pretty sure it's probably Huey Lewis and the News being piped over the speakers in heaven

TopDaugIn2000
7/10/2006, 04:41 PM

Whereve Papa Jack is I hope he's able to tune into Horse Racing and Rush Limbaugh

He LIVED for that those last 20 years. lol

TopDaugIn2000
7/10/2006, 04:41 PM
Pretty sure it's probably Huey Lewis and the News being piped over the speakers in heaven

OH GOD NO!!!!

Heaven is supposed to be a HAPPY place!

NormanPride
7/10/2006, 04:50 PM
honest to God:

one of my best friend's little granny down in New Orleans sings clarence carter's "Strokin" on karoake night at the bowling alley pretty much every week.

she even had it played at my friend's wedding two summers ago, and she and all her granny friends got out there and did a line dance while singing.

CRACKED. ME. UP.

I stroked it to the East
And I stroked to the West
And I stroked to the girl that I love best
I be Strokin'!

I would have paid good money to see that. Though your comment on the News would require that I not socialize with you. ;)

leavingthezoo
7/10/2006, 04:54 PM
the sweet, sweet sound of a screaming hearing aid. actually, i'm not even sure she hears it. but i do... and i'd like to stomp it silent. :D

Taxman71
7/10/2006, 05:04 PM
she even had it played at my friend's wedding two summers ago, and she and all her granny friends got out there and did a line while singing..

:eek:

So, your grandma used to hang at 54 huh?