PDA

View Full Version : What music do your parents listen to?

royalfan5
7/10/2006, 04:20 PM
My mom aged 50, listens to a lot Moody Blues, Reo Speedwagon, Chicago, Led Zepplin, The Eagles, Tim McGraw, and Kenny Chesney.

Beef
7/10/2006, 04:21 PM
Neil ****ing Diamond
RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!

yermom
7/10/2006, 04:22 PM
dude, your mom rocks :)

my mom listens to Jim Brickman or something, not much of a rock person

i was lucky to meet people as i grew up to expose me to good music

Viking Kitten
7/10/2006, 04:26 PM
My mother listens to contemporary Christian music. Now hey, to each his/her own, but here's the whacky part. She insists on buying CDs of this stuff for people as gifts. People who have absolutely no interest in this music including me, my Tool-loving niece and my Jewish sister in law.

Then when we politely say "thanks," she makes us remove the shrink wrap and pop in the CD right on the spot, rendering it unreturnable.

*Sigh.* Thanks mom.

By the way... that's the band Tool, you buncha pervs.

Harry Beanbag
7/10/2006, 04:28 PM
Tom Jones and Rod Stewart.

TopDaugIn2000
7/10/2006, 04:28 PM
since my mom has taught elementary music for the last several years, she listens "to what the kids bring me". she knows ALL the boy groups, brittany spears, etc. it's disgusting.

now that she's retired maybe she'll grow up a bit.

IronSooner
7/10/2006, 04:37 PM
My mom pretty much listens to country, so other than Toby Keith I can't name any specifics. Also a big Billy Joel fan.

Not sure about my dad, but he got me onto The Doors, Jerry Lee Lewis, and was listening to Aerosmith for a while back in the 90's. His last chick had him on crooner crap and now I couldn't say. Probably nothing as good as the aforementioned.

NormanPride
7/10/2006, 04:41 PM
My dad is a college radio junkie, and loves Frank Zappa. He's also a fan of Blues, especially if they do new things with the genre.

Mom is more of a classic rock fan, though she enjoys just about everything. I think the only stuff my parents despise is older rap, when the rappers didn't even have backup singers. :D

SoonerInKCMO
7/10/2006, 07:25 PM
My folks (61 & 63) have a bunch of stuff like Elvis, The Platters, Everly Brothers and newer country stuff like Dolly, Oakridge Boys, etc (OK, those aren't 'new' but they're newer than that '50s stuff they have). Oh - Mom is a big Englebert Humperdink fan. Freddy Fender too.

They believe music went to **** as soon as The Beatles showed up.

I tried to get them to like KISS and Motley Crue back in the day but they weren't having none of it. Mom did kinda like Triumph though.

Oh crap - how could I forget - Mom thought some disco was the shiznit back then. She like The Village People and The Bee Gees. Dad thought she was nuts.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/10/2006, 08:14 PM
My folks pretty much like country and oldies. My dad likes country more than oldies while my mom prefers oldies, but they both like those two genres.
Me, I definitely prefer oldies to country and I'm more of a rock and roll fan than they are.

AlbqSooner
7/10/2006, 08:15 PM
I am old enough to BE your parents. I listen to the same stuff olevet does.

Kimberlyz4OU
7/10/2006, 08:38 PM
My dad came across some 8-tracks of Freddy Fender, Everly Brothers and Slim Whitman at a store in Arkansas a while back........you would have thought he won the lottery. He had to play them for us........OMG......I mean GAH, kill me now. My son, who is 16 wanted to have him committed :P