PDA

View Full Version : Your Preseason top 25

Fraggle145
7/10/2006, 12:46 AM
So this may have been done before and if it has... well I missed it. I am a common skulker to the board, but dont post very much. Anyway, I was curious to see how everyone's preseason top 25 was shaping up, before the 1st one gets released... I still cant even figure out one for myself. So far this is what I have:

1. OU (ya I'm a homer with high expectations that's part of OU football)

2. Auburn

3. West Virginia or Louisville (One of those two is going undefeated unfortunately)

4. Notre Dame

5. Ohio Shart

6. Cal (I think they beat SuC this year)

7. Hook 'em

8. SuC

9. Miami

10. LSU

11. WestVa or Louisville

12. UGA (Florida's schedule is too tough for me to see them coming out over the Dawgs, depends on the new QB though, also a slight Homer pick)

13. Florida St.

14. Iowa (as much as I think they are always overhyped I just dont see michigan pulling their head out while Carr is there and someone had to be #2 in the Pig 10)

15. Florida

16. TCU

17. Oregon

18. Va tech (just cuz they are always on the radar)

19. South Carolina (I think they take Tennessee's spot in the SEC East... alot will depend on their 2nd game vs. UGA)

20.Nebraska

21.Michigan (however, I buy them more than a Penn St being good twice in a row)

22. Texas Tech

23. Boston College (they always find a way into the top 25)

24. Penn St.

25. Utah

Hell after 20 I almost started throwing darts... Can anyone tell me why so many people are hyped on Clemson the most underachieving program ever? Anyway, I showed you mine...

Egeo
7/10/2006, 01:00 AM
pick up a phil steele mag

chbrew09
7/10/2006, 02:23 AM
i don't get the whole WVa/Louisville deal....one wouldn't be 3 and the other 11...just wondering if there was a significant reason for that or if it was because one of the teams is going to go undefeated (that wouldn't make a difference in the preseason)...no sarcasm, just curiosity

Fraggle145
7/10/2006, 02:55 AM
Well the big east gets no respect (as it should be) but I think one of those 2 is going to go undefeated and the other is going to lose their head to head. Since I think it is going to be Louisville that wins I also think they are going to beat Miami. I know its preseason and all, but it would be nice if preseason polls were at least slightly a prediciton of the end of what I think would happen at the end of the season, so basically I am just trying to be quasi-accountable? BTW, I got the Phil Steele mag and Sporting News and Athlon (not a big fan of the Athlon).

boomersooner28
7/10/2006, 03:22 AM
Cal is on the downslide...they have already peaked...they won't beat USC.

IMO