PDA

View Full Version : Nation-Building edited by Francis Fukuyama

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 06:36 PM
I have working through this collection of essay's on Nation-building this afternoon. I find it a very interesting collection looking at the success and failures and repeated mistakes that have occured in the United States nation-building endevors.

SoonerProphet
7/9/2006, 10:42 PM
Link(s)? Did some of these articles appear in The National Interest or Foreign Affairs, part of lectures series, or some such?

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 10:43 PM
I have a bound copy. The back cover says it is was produced by the Forum on Constructive Capitalism

SoonerProphet
7/9/2006, 10:52 PM
Hmmm, sounds like some interesting reading material.

usmc-sooner
7/9/2006, 11:05 PM
do you guys have women in your life? Sounds like the most boring crap in the world.

SoonerProphet
7/10/2006, 10:30 AM
do you guys have women in your life? Sounds like the most boring crap in the world.

Ummm yeah, I have been married for 15 years. Hey devil dog, I am just interested in what the architects of the global utopia have planned for me.

usmc-sooner
7/10/2006, 10:43 AM
Ummm yeah, I have been married for 15 years. Hey devil dog, I am just interested in what the architects of the global utopia have planned for me.

I was joking SP,

but it does seem pretty boring to me.

Tear Down This Wall
7/10/2006, 10:53 AM
Well, I'd take our "nation-building" record over that of England, France, Holland, and the other worthless European nations who tried for decades to "nation-build" in Africa and other parts of the world. It was the European idiots who cobbled together Iraq back in the 1920s.

America bashing is nothing more than leftist navel-gazing.

[Jerry Seinfeld voice]"Oh, Forum on Constructive Capitalism...puhleeeeze."[/Jerry Seinfeld voice]

royalfan5
7/10/2006, 10:59 AM
Well, I'd take our "nation-building" record over that of England, France, Holland, and the other worthless European nations who tried for decades to "nation-build" in Africa and other parts of the world. It was the European idiots who cobbled together Iraq back in the 1920s.

America bashing is nothing more than leftist navel-gazing.

[Jerry Seinfeld voice]"Oh, Forum on Constructive Capitalism...puhleeeeze."[/Jerry Seinfeld voice]
You do realize Francis Fukuyama is one of the leading Neo-Cons evar right? This isn't left wing propaganda, it is a good hard examinantion of what we are doing and what is working and what isn't. If anything, it has a right wing tilt.