PDA

View Full Version : I feel like the Bandit

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 02:48 PM
I will be headed eastbound and down later today.

bri
7/9/2006, 02:57 PM
Here's hoping your Smokey & The Bandit reference goes over better than mine. ;)

Newbomb Turk
7/9/2006, 03:10 PM
Give me a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr. Pepper.

batonrougesooner
7/9/2006, 03:45 PM

I heard that they're thirsty in Atlanta and there's beer in Texarkana.

bri
7/9/2006, 03:46 PM
And he'll get it back no matter what it taaaaaaaaakes...

Newbomb Turk
7/9/2006, 04:18 PM

you gonna do what they say can't be done?

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 04:20 PM
you gonna do what they say can't be done?
by keeping my foot hard on the petal.

Sooner24
7/9/2006, 04:23 PM
Is that like a pedal? ;)

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 04:24 PM
Is that like a pedal? ;)
Similar.

Sooner24
7/9/2006, 04:42 PM
Hey R5 what's up with the Paul Splittorff avatar? Why not Bret Saberhagen? In 1988 I stood behind Saberhagen in the concession stand line at the Final Four.

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 04:44 PM
Hey R5 what's up with the Paul Splittorff avatar? Why not Bret Saberhagen? In 1988 I stood behind Saberhagen in the concession stand line at the Final Four.
Because Splitt is the Royals record holder for wins, and he makes having to deal with Bob Davis on RSTN bearable. I'm sure I'll have Sabes up there eventually.

Sooner24
7/9/2006, 04:45 PM
This is for you R5. If you are a St Louis Cardinal fan don't look. ;)

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/al/kc/OrtaKC.JPG

The Cardinals deserved to lose just because of those double knit uniforms. :eddie:

Newbomb Turk
7/9/2006, 04:45 PM
Saberhagen was nasty good in his prime.

Sooner24
7/9/2006, 04:47 PM
I always liked Steve Busby myself. He was the Texas Rangers broadcaster for years and was fun to listen too. I don't know what he is doing these days.

Newbomb Turk

The Cardinals deserved to lose just because of those double knit uniforms. :eddie:

ranks up there with the TTech game as the worst call I've ever seen.

Pick your call in the Tech game.

royalfan5

If I ever live in St. Louis, I am going to have a powder blue Royals jersey with Dekinger on the back.

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 04:48 PM
ranks up there with the TTech game as the worst call I've ever seen.

Pick your call in the Tech game.
Of course everyone forgets that Orta ended up not even scoring as he was thrown out at 3rd.

Sooner24
7/9/2006, 04:52 PM
I love Kansas City. If it wasn't for OU sports I could live in KC.

Sooner24
7/9/2006, 04:54 PM
Well OU sports and the fact my wife wouldn't move there with me. ;)

bri
7/9/2006, 05:59 PM
Is that like a pedal? ;)

He's got the metal to the pedal and his foot on the...thing.

critical_phil
7/9/2006, 06:51 PM
Because Splitt is the Royals record holder for wins, and he makes having to deal with Bob Davis on RSTN bearable. I'm sure I'll have Sabes up there eventually.

hell, use your super sponsor power.

with the bigger avatar privileges, you should have enough room now for a Steve Balboni avatar.

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 06:54 PM
hell, use your super sponsor power.

with the bigger avatar privileges, you should have enough room now for a Steve Balboni avatar.
Wow, didn't realize I had such powers now. Sweet, if there is room for Balboni, that means Bob "the Hammer" Hamelin would fit too.

SoonerInKCMO
7/9/2006, 06:58 PM

I've never been much of a baseball fan; but I really enjoy listening to Splittorff on the Royals telecasts. I catch him on WHB now and then too and he seems like a pretty cool guy.

royalfan5
7/9/2006, 07:01 PM
I've never been much of a baseball fan; but I really enjoy listening to Splittorff on the Royals telecasts. I catch him on WHB now and then too and he seems like a pretty cool guy.
Splitt, Ryan Lefervbe, and Denny Matthews are great as the Royals rotate them around TV and Radio. Bob is bearable most nights if you can figure out what happened on your own. Splitt does pretty good on the Big XII regional basketball telecasts too.