PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Customs is a Joke

Mongo
7/9/2006, 12:14 AM
I just got back from Mexico. Me and my wife took our last vacation till our baby is born. I bought some items that are illegal in our country( see http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70962). I even declared them, and the agent did not even care to check our bags. An older lady that was in front of us said she had brought back some "white horse". Out of a full capacity 727-200: Zero bags were checked. I guess there is no need for the balloons up my arse anymore.

bri
7/9/2006, 12:19 AM
Get up, a-get-get-get down
U.S. Customs is a joke in yo' town...

sanantoniosooner
7/9/2006, 12:33 AM
I guess there is no need for the balloons up my arse anymore.
significant other? (http://journalism.unl.edu/an/winter00/lilred.html)

Mongo
7/9/2006, 12:43 AM
significant other? (http://journalism.unl.edu/an/winter00/lilred.html)

I loathe you for that

Melo
7/9/2006, 01:22 AM
It wasnt a very funny joke. I didnt laugh once.

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 06:45 AM
i suppose had they checked your bags, delayed you, or even arrested you, you'd bitch about that too....

Mongo
7/9/2006, 06:52 AM
No I woulnt have. Hey JK, have you finished that "Jump to Conclusions" game yet?

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 06:55 AM
no, just stating the obvious

King Crimson
7/9/2006, 06:58 AM
i suppose had they checked your bags, delayed you, or even arrested you, you'd bitch about that too....

no kidding, delayed you until you missed a flight because your gf was hot......

happened to me, she got flagged "twice" for bag searches at DFW and we missed our connecting flight to DIA.

talk about bull****.

and i was the one carrying all the Columbian gold.

Mongo
7/9/2006, 06:58 AM
Whats the obvious? that you enjoy posting snide remarks. I was not bitching, so get over it.

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 07:00 AM
no kidding, delayed you until you missed a flight because your gf was hot......

happened to me, she got flagged "twice" for bag searches at DFW and we missed our connecting flight to DIA.

talk about bull****.

and i was the one carrying all the Columbian gold.

right.....if you get harrassed unnecessarily by customs, you're gonna bitch

if you observe that they dont do their job, you're gonna bitch

its really not that difficult

and i'm really just giving mongo a hard time, but he's not taking it that way....

Mongo
7/9/2006, 07:04 AM
I can take a hard time probably more than the next guy(that sounded ghey), but harsh statements that are implying that I bitch doesnt seem to be a fun thing

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 07:10 AM
saying that you bitch about something is a harsh statement?

wow, ok......i'll remember that

Jerk
7/9/2006, 07:13 AM
This post is kind of like b!tching at the cops when you're going 85mph because they aren't pulling you over for speeding.

Mongo
7/9/2006, 07:13 AM
I guess we agree to disagree on that subject, but I'll remeber too

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 07:15 AM
This post is kind of like b!tching at the cops when you're going 85mph because they aren't pulling you over for speeding.

easy now, be gentle ;)

Mongo
7/9/2006, 07:23 AM
easy now, be gentle ;)

Is that what you tell all your boyfriends??:D

I know it was illegal, but just shocked at the ease of law breaking, especially in that setting. If I got caught, so be it.

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 07:28 AM
Is that what you tell all your boyfriends??:D

I know it was illegal, but just shocked at the ease of law breaking, especially in that setting. If I got caught, so be it.

hey i dont appreciate the harsh "boyfriend" comments....

Mongo
7/9/2006, 07:30 AM
I used a :D , so its ok

sanantoniosooner
7/9/2006, 10:13 AM
You people take the fun right out of this place.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/9/2006, 10:23 AM
The only complaint I have about US Customs is that if you fly back into the DFW on an international flight, you end up doing the following:

1) Let them see your passport/birth certificate--OK, totally cool
2)Pick up your baggage
3) Hand carry your baggage to another place. --Not sure what this is all about. Can't they do this themselves?
4) Go through a line to tell someone if you have alcohol/tobacco and how much.
5) After all this you end up having to go through the security checkpoint with the rest of the people flying out. -- This one totally baffles me. It looks like international would have their own security checkpoint in the international terminal.

OUHOMER
7/9/2006, 11:16 AM
Anybody been on a cruise... we are going in Sept. (You know in the freaking middle of hurricane season). How is customs coming back off the ship? I plan on picking up some prescription Ibuprofen, and some booze… I hear it’s pretty lax there as well.

Mongo
7/9/2006, 11:19 AM
I dont know about cruises, but you are allowed 1 liter of hooch per person if my memory serves me correctly.

colleyvillesooner
7/9/2006, 11:37 AM
You people take the fun right out of this place.

shut up bri.

Penguin
7/9/2006, 11:50 AM
I deal with Customs all of the time in my line of business. The thing that bugs me is that every customs office in the US has its own phone number, office hours, and its own set of rules. In some cases, you have to call a Customs officer on his own cell phone. The whole system is ridiculous.

In Canada, they have one central 800 number to call and it's open 24 hours a day. Why can't the US have the same system?

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 12:02 PM
T
3) Hand carry your baggage to another place. --Not sure what this is all about. Can't they do this themselves?

is it your bag or theirs?

Penguin
7/9/2006, 12:13 PM
Has your luggage been in your possession at all times?

Has anyone given you anything or asked you to carry on or check any items for them?

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 12:15 PM
in my old job i had the opportunity to fly armed quite a few times...there's nothing quite like the look you get when you tell them you have a firearm either on you or in your bag.....

good times..

StoopTroup
7/9/2006, 12:22 PM
Don't try to get hashish out of Istanbul.

I'm just sayin'.

olevetonahill
7/9/2006, 01:59 PM
Got your Ceegars huh ? ;)

Mongo
7/9/2006, 02:01 PM
yep, and got your "prescription" to ease your glaucoma:D

olevetonahill
7/9/2006, 02:19 PM
yep, and got your "prescription" to ease your glaucoma:D
SAWEET "DR " Jose took care of ya huh . ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/9/2006, 02:54 PM
is it your bag or theirs?It's my bag, but I don't know why it has to be carried from Point A to Point B by the traveler because they don't even check it there.

bri
7/9/2006, 03:04 PM
shut up bri.

I like to use that handle to complain about the board without using the f-word. ;)

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 03:27 PM
It's my bag, but I don't know why it has to be carried from Point A to Point B by the traveler because they don't even check it there.

because its YOUR bag

bri
7/9/2006, 03:33 PM
Shhhh, your logic has no place here. Those meanies made her DO SOMETHING!

Physical exertion is NO laughing matter, my friend.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/9/2006, 03:38 PM
You guys are missing the point. I understand that it is "my bag." It is also "my bag" when I fly from OKC to Boston or OKC to LAX. I don't have a problem with carrying my bag 50 yards. My problem is the way the process is set up.

You get your international bag off the carousel only to give it to someone else who puts it on a big cart to take to another part of the airport to be put on the connecting flight (or onto another carousel).

It looks like they could streamline the process so that they eliminate the extra step.

afs
7/9/2006, 03:43 PM
http://novalis.org/images/photo/objects/kleenex.jpg

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/9/2006, 03:46 PM
http://novalis.org/images/photo/objects/kleenex.jpgWTF? I'm just asking a question

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 03:52 PM
part of the whole security thing is everybody being responsible for their own bags.......that way, the ones left behind are.......ya know, checked out

when you go thru customs you're checking yourself AND your belongings.....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/9/2006, 04:17 PM
Has your luggage been in your possession at all times?

Has anyone given you anything or asked you to carry on or check any items for them?they don't ask that anymore.