PDA

View Full Version : Ha, I was just on the radio

Melo
7/9/2006, 12:01 AM
94.5 the buzz was giving away tickets to the soad concert so I called in. They were wanting caller number 10. I got through, and the guy says '94.5 the buzz, caller number 9' So I said 'AH DAMN!' And he says 'Thats exactly what I thought you would say' and hung up.

Then they aired the part where the winner was on, and before they did, he goes 'Caller number 9' And there was me.. 'AH DAMN!' Haha.

And before you ask why I was trying to get extra tickets, whoever wins those tickets gets entered into the other contest, where you get backstage passes, and you get to play ping pong with the guys.

Sooner24
7/9/2006, 12:12 AM
Wow, ping pong.

bri
7/9/2006, 12:14 AM
So THAT'S what they're calling "it" these days...

Melo
7/9/2006, 12:14 AM
They could have said I could watch the discovery channel with the guys, for all I care. Getting to hang out with them would have been pretty cool. Oh well. I suck at ping pong.

Melo
7/9/2006, 12:16 AM
So THAT'S what they're calling "it" these days...

THATS what they were talking about? If I would have known that, I would have used a much stronger word than damn. If that were the case, you know my whole 'No premarital' bidness? Itd be out the window.

Haha. I am DEFINITELY kidding. For the record.

bri
7/9/2006, 12:17 AM
I suck at ping pong.

Ah, sometimes the jokes write themselves...

Melo
7/9/2006, 12:18 AM
Are you kidding me? I am one huge joke. :(

proud gonzo
7/9/2006, 12:25 AM
did you say what band?

Melo
7/9/2006, 12:26 AM
Did I say it right now... or on the radio? :confused:

bri
7/9/2006, 12:29 AM
This reminds me of when 101.5 had just been reformatted into an alternative station a few years ago. I was listening at work, and they were giving away tickets to the Matchbox 20/Cool For August show at the Brady. (This was pre-Santana-collaboration Matchbox 20, so they didn't suck yet. ;)) You had to be the 5th caller, and I was caller 1, 3, and 5. It made me wonder if there was some other guy out there who was caller 2 and 4, and if we were the only two people listening to the station at all.

Probably explains why Clear Channel killed it and made it a Jebus rock station, then an urban station, and now it's a Messican station. F*ck you very much, Clear Channel. Burn in hell, please. :mad: