PDA

View Full Version : A story from my childhood...

Frozen Sooner
7/8/2006, 11:11 PM
So my parents took me out for the family birthday tonight. One of the gifts they got me was the biography of Alberto Gonzales. I thought it was a somewhat curious gift until they told me a story I had sort of forgotten from my childhood.

My best friend in elementary school was Gabe. We played on the same soccer team, and we were always at each other's houses. Gabe's mom Ann did possibly the best Donald Duck imitation of all time. Gabe's father was a hard working attorney in Anchorage who had grown up in South Texas as the son of migrant workers.

Anyhow, I remember going to Gabe's father's swearing in as a judge as a family guest and meeting Gabe's uncle.

Gabe's father is the Hon. Rene Gonzales. His brother is Alberto Gonzales.

I thought that was kind of neat-especially considering that Judge R. Gonzales leans a bit further politically left of Jimmy Carter.

Gabe is now a real estate attorney in Portland. His brother David is a high-school soccer coach in Anchorage. His other brother Paulie organized the Marine Corps' charity efforts to get Iraqi schools up and running again (he's a leatherneck himself.)

All toghether a great family with outstanding values. I feel really good knowing that the Attorney General of the United States comes from such a family-and I'm one heck of a lot more inclined to listen to his arguments.

usmc-sooner
7/8/2006, 11:14 PM
leathernecks rawk