PDA

View Full Version : I picked our 1st 3 tomatoes this morning

MamaMia
7/8/2006, 01:00 PM
They were the Super Sue. Our 4 Brandy Wines aren't doing too well, but we do have a few set blossoms on them. We also have tons of green tomatoes on our 4 Ultra Boys that are a couple of weeks from being ready. It looks like we'll have dozens ready at the same time.

I'm growing some Long Keepers from seed that are sprouting now and should be ready to plant some time this month. If y'all don't have any Long Keepers, I'd get some if I were you. If you can't find the plants, maybe you could rush yourselves some seed.

Flagstaffsooner
7/8/2006, 01:15 PM
I went to Safeway and picked a few myself but I didnt give them names.:D

MamaMia
7/8/2006, 04:37 PM
I went to Safeway and picked a few myself but I didnt give them names.:D
Maybe if I'd of said that I picked some tomatoes while playing golf, I may have been able to strike up a conversation. :P

Newbomb Turk
7/8/2006, 04:38 PM
Maybe if I'd of said that I picked some tomatoes while playing golf, I may have been able to strike up a conversation. :P

OK - now you have my attention. ;)

TopDaugIn2000
7/8/2006, 05:59 PM
I hope my garden is doing OK. Achmed is SUPPOSED to water while I'm gone, guess I'll find out tomorrow if he really did.

soonercody
7/8/2006, 09:56 PM
My tomotoes are growing in pots on the back patio. It's my "hillbilly patio pot garden". Wish I kept the little plastic name thing-a-majigs because one plant is kickin' *** with 15 tomatoes on it and the others are barely hanging in there. All of them have at least one little tomato on them but man that one big dude I planted first looks impressive. Course the real test will come soon when my salt shaker and I visit the back porch in a week or so.

MamaMia
7/8/2006, 10:26 PM
I hope my garden is doing OK. Achmed is SUPPOSED to water while I'm gone, guess I'll find out tomorrow if he really did.Who is Achmed?

By the way, are you having a nice time in California?

My tomotoes are growing in pots on the back patio. It's my "hillbilly patio pot garden". Wish I kept the little plastic name thing-a-majigs because one plant is kickin' *** with 15 tomatoes on it and the others are barely hanging in there. All of them have at least one little tomato on them but man that one big dude I planted first looks impressive. Course the real test will come soon when my salt shaker and I visit the back porch in a week or so.
You must have a green thumb. I have tried to grow some in pots but didnt have any luck. Maybe your plant that is loaded is a Big Boy? Our Big Boys are just now coming around, but I've heard that they do pretty well in pots for experienced growers. :)

slickdawg
7/8/2006, 10:28 PM
Who is Achmed?

You must have a green thumb. I have tried to grow some in pots but didnt have any luck. Maybe your plant that is loaded is a Big Boy? Our Big Boys are just now coming around, but I've heard that they do pretty well in pots for experienced growers. :)

Arab lover?

Flagstaffsooner
7/8/2006, 11:08 PM
Maybe if I'd of said that I picked some tomatoes while playing golf, I may have been able to strike up a conversation. :PSorry, Mom. I miss growing tomatoes, but we have like a 45 day growing season here on the Mountain. Cannabis Sativa does well here, or so I hear.;)

TopDaugIn2000
7/8/2006, 11:39 PM
Who is Achmed?

By the way, are you having a nice time in California?

that's my moroccan livin-in-sin bf that my parents TOTALLY disapprove of cause he's not the little white baptist boy they always dreamed of. the board has named him 'achmed' so I just go with it.

wonderful time as always, sure don't wanna get on that plane back to okla tomorrow morning :(