PDA

View Full Version : Cheerio, lads; I'm off!

TUSooner
7/7/2006, 04:06 PM
With the Blessing, I'll be celebrating my 49th BD tomorrow by getting on a jet airplane with Mrs TU and both TU Daughters and flying acrost the Atlantic Ocean to England. Plan to stay a while out in the countryside with my Okie cousin who lives there. Also plan to meet my Okie brother & family (in-laws to our very own jerk) who are flying over on Monday. Plan to take a choo-choo train through a big tunnel under the English Channel to stay a spell with Mrs. TU's cousin, who seems to have some nice digs in the heart of Paris, France. Then it's to London for about 5 nights, then back to the Big Apple in the USA for a coupla days and then back to this crappy old New Orleans place that will likely send me into a tailspin of depression. Plus I'll be flat broke fer sure. But I'm hoping for a heckuva ride before that!

If y'all prayin' folk would say a prayer for us jet-settin' world travelers, we'd truly be much obliged. (Truly, I say.)

And if anybody wants me to bring 'em something back, better say so right now (and give me your account numbers and PINs.) :)

Later!

Fugue
7/7/2006, 04:13 PM
Awesome, be safe and enjoy.

Flagstaffsooner
7/7/2006, 04:16 PM
I've got a 25 pack of Bic razers for you to hand out to the french wimmens.

TUSooner
7/7/2006, 04:17 PM
I've got a 25 pack of Bic razers for you to hand out to the french wimmens.
That's ironical; Monsieur "Bic" was a Frenchy. ;)

NormanPride
7/7/2006, 04:18 PM
Wear an Italy jersey for me. :D

Viking Kitten
7/7/2006, 04:44 PM
Taking the Eurostar is really cool. Be sure and visit Shakespeare and Co. on the Left Bank of the Seine. There's also a fun karaoke bar right by there. While you are there, go about a block south and visit the Creperie St. Germaine (right outside the McDonalds) and have a chocolate and Grand Marnier crepe for me. Tell the crepe guy VK said hi.

Viking Kitten
7/7/2006, 04:45 PM
Go to Galeries Lafayette for me too. It's right by the Opera. My favorite department store ever.

Okla-homey
7/7/2006, 04:48 PM
Stay away from the mad cows.

Flagstaffsooner
7/7/2006, 05:28 PM
Stay away from the mad cows.I didn't see austin on the itineray.:D

SicEmBaylor
7/7/2006, 05:55 PM
I went to Britian for Spring Break my soph. year in HS. I'm standing at the ticket booth to take the train into Victoria Station when I get a tap on my shoulder. Low and behold it's one of the assistant football coaches from Fort Gibson who recognized my letter jacket.

Of all things, I run into someone else from Fort Gibson in Britian...

OCUDad
7/7/2006, 06:05 PM
Who cares? And where is is Britian? anywhere near England? :P

Jerk
7/7/2006, 06:41 PM
Have fun Kev. Whatever Kelly says about me saying stuff about you behind your back is untrue and a lie.