PDA

View Full Version : Aggy Board Prediction 2006

tnobis60
7/7/2006, 12:51 PM
stolen from Texags boards via Uncle Rico...this is hilarious, and unrealistic. poor aggy

Sept 2nd - The Citadel

Let's face it. If we don't win by at least 30+ people will begin to talk. Sure we are breaking in a new defense, a lot of new faces, and our QB will be starting in his 3rd game, but the Citadel boasts discipline before anything else sans honor.

Aggies win big.

Sept 9th - La-Lafayette

In 2002 Reggie McNeal began his career against La-Lafayette, and in 2006 his predecessor will further his career against them as well. Defensively, this La-La team was the last opponent our defense truly dominated. Were it not for an 11 play 80 yard drive and a score with 5:35 to go in the 4th, our defense would have shut out La-La and held them to less than 150 yards of offense with negative rushing yards. I somewhat expect us to get that defensive flow going against Citadel and then continue it against La-La.

Aggies win by at least 3 TDs.

Sept 16th - Army @ San Antonio

Army prides themselves on discipline and 60 minutes of mistake free football. Last season they played Baylor and Iowa State and lost both games by a combined 17 points. This season they'll continue to work towards a huge upset, but it won't be the Aggies. Army starts off with Arkansas St and Kent State, and will meet an Aggie team fresh off two victories, beaming with defensive pride and playing in front off a huge San Antonio Aggie friendly crowd.

Aggies win by 3 or more TDs.

Sept 23rd - La-Tech

La Tech won 7 games last year, but against ranked opponents they gave up 40+ points. Offensively they can move the ball, but their defense is a huge liability, even more so than us. Look for Fran to grind them down, wear them out, and then throw up a few passes for good measure.

Aggies win by 3-4 TDs.

Sept 30th - Texas Tech

Both teams should be a combined 8-0 heading into one of the best match-ups this Saturday will offer. Will Tech's high powered O be able to pick apart the rebuilding and budding defense of the streaking Aggies? Yes. The real question is whether or not the Tech defense will be able to get their O on the field long enough to do enough damage. Another grind it out game plays into the Aggies favor.

Aggies win by a TD.

Oct 7th - @ Kansas

Kansas quickly became known for its tenacious defense last season. During a 4 game losing streak that took them out of BIG XII contention, the Jayhawks lost to OU and K-State while holding them under 20 points each. If the Kansas offense can get in gear and their defense matches last season then "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" might be a conference wide cry come Novemeber. Coach Fran is known for win streaks and crazy upsets that end them. 5-0 might just be all these young Aggies can handle.

Aggies win by a FG.

Oct 14th - Mizzou

Chase Daniel laughed at t.u. when they came calling a tad too late. Will he still be laughing or wished he would have signed on with the Longhorns when he plays in front of 84,000+ Yelling Aggies euphoric from a 6-0 record and a national ranking of 17th. The Tigers might come close, but eventually will buckle under the triple decks off Kyle Field.

Aggies win by 10 points.

Oct 21st - @ Ok State

Two years ago A&M stunned themselves and Ok-State. Last year A&M made sure the game wasn't a fluke, as they beat up on the Cowboys during a rebuilding year. Stillwater will be hell bent on stopping the undefeated Fighting Texas Aggies and their top 15 national ranking. For 3 hours these two teams will battle, but the breaks fall the way of the Maroon & White.

A&M wins by 10 points.

Oct 28th - @ Baylor

Aggies fans use to circle the date that A&M and Baylor played as a game they could miss to go hunting, get married, or clean out the attic with the temperatures cooling down. Now the date is circled as "coming to Jesus" kind of game. Is Baylor getting better? Is A&M getting worse? Can Baylor duplicate their efforts from the past two seasons? Can A&M get back to the way it was for the better part of two decades before 2004? Look for BU to throw everything but the kitchen sink at us, and rest assured that the goal posts will remain standing.

Aggies win by a TD.

Nov 4th - OU

2000 = Epic
2002 = Unforgettable
2004 = Epic
2006 = Tradition will live on as these two undefeated teams will battle for what could easily be the driver's seat in the South. OU's strength and poise vs. A&M's power and passion. ESPN Gameday will have nothing but good things to say about College Station, but the game will fall the way of the Sooners.

Aggies lose by a FG.

Nov 11th - Nebraska

Bruised but not broken, the Aggies will dig deep enough to muster out what can only be described as an ***-whooping. Nebraska loses for the 4th time and A&M regains their footing in the race for the South.

Aggies win by 3 TDs.

Nov 24th - @ t.u.

For the past two weeks the buzz has been about Tech's defeat over OU in Norman. With t.u. at two losses and A&M and OU with just one, the idea that this game means something is a gross underestimation. A&M methodically and strategically trades field position with the Longhorns all afternoon until the exact moment when its most critical. A&M scores twice to end the day, and comes to find out that OU will lose at Ok-State the next afternoon.

Aggies win by a TD.

Dec 2nd - Colorado @ Arrowhead Stadium

Dan Hawkins has the CU Buffs in the Top Ten, but they still sit one spot behind A&M in the BCS standings. A game for the ages, the Aggies power and passion takes on the precision passing and downhill running game of CU for 60 minutes. An INT return seals the day for the victors.

Aggies win by 2 TDs.

Jan 3rd - Notre Dame @ Sugar Bowl

With West Virginia and Ohio State going undefeated, the MNC game is set. A&M and Notre Dame meet in the First BCS game of 2007 at the All State Sugar Bowl. With emotions on their sleeve, the Fighting Texas Aggies fire on all cyclinders and give the Fighting irish more than they bargained for.

Aggies win by 2 TDs.

Stephen McGee will make the semi-finals of the Heisman, and Coach Franchione will take 2nd place to Coach Rich Rodriguez for Coach of the Year.

RooseveltRoughRider
7/7/2006, 12:59 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....everyone on that website needs a urinalysis.

IronSooner
7/7/2006, 01:04 PM
Wow. Delusional doesn't quite capture it.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
7/7/2006, 01:10 PM
Did he say Tech would beat OU in Norman...what is the color of the sky in his world?

Dio
7/7/2006, 01:37 PM
That's what happens when you make your Kool-Aid with collie pee.

SoonerMooner
7/7/2006, 02:33 PM
That's why they are Aggys. Completely delusional sheep-humpers.

Aggy will lose to OU by 3 TD's. Aggy will lose to texass by 3 TD's. Aggy will lose to Sand Aggy by 2 TD's. Aggy will lose to Nebbish by 2 TD's. Aggy will lose to Baylor by 1 TD.

TexanSooner420
7/7/2006, 03:29 PM
it still says something when this obvious idiot picks the aggies to win every game, EXCEPT OU, to me that shows people are afraid, very afraid.

dougsooner
7/7/2006, 03:39 PM
Really, it's just sad to see them grasp like that..... Oh yeah, and that non conf. schedule is pretty sad also. Did Bill Snyder relocate to aggie south?

soonervegas
7/7/2006, 03:41 PM
I am pretty sure OU is not going to be 9-0 and drop two out of three to Texas Tech(Home), Baylor, and OSU.

I do think the OU/A&M game will be another classic and I do think A&M will be going into that game with 1 loss or possibly less.

NormanPride
7/7/2006, 04:36 PM
That's what happens when you make your Kool-Aid with collie pee.

Post of the Century. :D

boomersooner82
7/7/2006, 04:45 PM
Wow... that's nuts. Though it is disturbingly possible with their schedule (weakest in D1?) that they can be undefeated when the Sooners head down there, I don't think he's quite accurate on his score predictions. I'm pretty sure they'll lose to texas in austin and probably stumble in four or five other games just because kharma isn't done kicking the crap out of Coach Fran quite yet. As for Nov. 4, I kind of doubt they'll have a better team than us, but we always play horrible down there so it's kind of a crapshoot.

Man they're delusional.

Snrfn4ever08
7/8/2006, 12:10 AM
aggy will be lucky to make it to a bowl game. i think by the end of the year, tamu will be in a race with okie lite for last place in the south. baylor climbs another rung in the big 12 south hierarchyHook 'em

Collier11
7/8/2006, 02:27 AM
HA!!! Its true, Fran does have a cult going down there

King Crimson
7/8/2006, 03:01 AM

the cult was there long before Fran. texags is the best laugh on the net.

usually, about once every off-season there's a "Ags this year=OU 2000!" thread.

those are great.

Snrfn4ever08
7/8/2006, 11:35 AM
when do they get to the mass suicides?

OklaUalum
7/8/2006, 01:21 PM
you gotta feel sorry for them. Their delusions of grandeur are rooted in the fact that their drought of national championships is even longer than that of their hated sister school in Austin. They haven't had one since WW-2! 1939! The world has left them behind. Their band still does Sousa marches and step two drills. They still have MALE cheerleaders for Christ-sakes. The world has moved on. America has detonated a nuclear bomb; put a man on the moon, even. Once lowly programs like Miami and Florida, even BYU have risen up in that time and won.

You've got to forgive them when they go off the deep end like that, and understand what it's embedded in.

RedstickSooner
7/8/2006, 02:44 PM
it still says something when this obvious idiot picks the aggies to win every game, EXCEPT OU, to me that shows people are afraid, very afraid.

Frankly, with a list that delusional, I wish they would've picked us to lose.

After all, we've had waaaay more trouble in College Station than we should have this century.

Louisiana Husker
7/8/2006, 03:15 PM
It seems to me that that Aggie is more Techtarded than the Techtards.

The Consumate Showman
7/8/2006, 05:41 PM
I say the ags of the south lose 6 to sand aggies, whorns, baylor, Manginos, Nebbish, and OU. This will be Franny's last year down there. I woudn't be too surprised if Mizzou and okie light don't give them a run for their money as well. More proof that they should have kept R.C. down there....

oumartin
7/8/2006, 09:18 PM
did anyone think OSU would beat OU in norman in 2001?

Flagstaffsooner
7/9/2006, 10:31 AM
http://www.newprophecy.net/Marshall_Applewhite_aka_Do.jpg
"aTm will be the National Champions"

SoonerDood
7/9/2006, 02:37 PM
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

OKC-SLC
7/9/2006, 02:49 PM
when do they get to the mass suicides?
Every minute that goes by is a minute too late, I say.

Spek, by the way.

JohnnyMack
7/9/2006, 10:28 PM
I hate the football board lately.

Snrfn4ever08
7/9/2006, 10:59 PM
I hate the football board lately.
why, you don't like pointless babbling and speculation about the upcoming season mixed in with making fun of rival fanbases?

Collier11
7/9/2006, 11:25 PM
The only thing better than talking about Ou football is making fun of other football teams??? :)

Snrfn4ever08
7/9/2006, 11:28 PM
The only thing better than talking about Ou football is making fun of other football teams??? :)
exactly

olevetonahill
7/9/2006, 11:38 PM
The only thing better than talking about How GREAT OU football is, is making fun of other football teams??? :)

fixed ;)

goingoneight
7/9/2006, 11:49 PM
The only thing better than talking about THE GREATNESS OF OU Football is making fun of how bad other football teams are??? :)

Fixed... better.

goingoneight
7/9/2006, 11:58 PM
:Okie-Aggy Board:

boby reid is gonna be beter than vinse yung We gots Bowman now so we are rekrooting outofstate that ken only mean good things

we just needed a year to break in a new coach. look what OU did with stupes in his secund yeer we gonna be big 12 champs this yeer

i hate ou-s marco polo thing bumer sooner... ORANGE POWER!!!

I cant wait till we play ou then well be on our way to kansas sity

mack brown paved the way for orange power to rain hi

all of our team is coming back in 2006 well shirley beat ou this yeer

i hate bary switser

theirz no way we lose to texas without vinse to save thim in 2006

god blesse boon pikenz

i hate uo.

:Okie-Aggy Board:

God I'm bored...

goingoneight
7/9/2006, 11:59 PM
I totally didn't intend for the little embarassed face to end up there, but I'll leave it in the spirit of how embarassing they are to OUr state!!! :D

mdklatt
7/10/2006, 09:49 AM
did anyone think OSU would beat OU in norman in 2001?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
7/10/2006, 11:20 AM
:mad:

sooneron
7/10/2006, 11:33 AM
Someone should go over vocab with that ag. He doesn't know what predecessor means.

Mac94
7/10/2006, 11:50 AM
His predictions aren't bad until the last two games of the year. With our schedule it is within the realm of possibility that A&M is undefeated going into the game against OU. Some might jump up and down and say we have no chance against Tech, but considering the game is in College Station and the last two A&M-Tech games at Kyle Field ended up as overtime affairs (Tech won in 2002, A&M won in 2004) it isn't difficult to imagine a close Aggie victory there.

As for the game against you all, it isn't hard to imagine another close game there, either. The past three in College Station have been classics, and it isn't a stretch to say this year could follow that trend.

As for the Husker game, I'd be shocker if we beat them like this guy is predicting, and a win in Austin right now seems very remote.

Of course, things would have to break our way in some of these games, and this guys assuming we don't pull off one of our "brain fart" games (see Baylor in 2004) and lose to an "inferior" team.

My own little prediction is that we go 8-4 with loses to Tech, @Oklahoma State (brain fart game), Oklahoma, and @ Texas.

Collier11
7/10/2006, 12:21 PM
With our schedule it is within the realm of possibility that A&M is undefeated going into the game against OU. .

And Bobby Reid is going to be the next vince young :rolleyes:

Mac94
7/10/2006, 12:27 PM
Collier11 -

Okay, which games are we a lock to lose and why (before the OU game)?

Collier11
7/10/2006, 12:50 PM
First of all its kinda hard to say anyone is a lock to lose before the season even starts other than the games like midd tenn state against OU and games like that. That being said, IMHO I think Fran has lost or is on the verge of losing these players, especially if they dont play well early. I would assess your schedule like this-I think Tech, Kansas, Mizzou, Ok-state, and Baylor are all losable games for A&M. Im not saying they will lose them but based on the past two years I dont see how you guys go undefeated through that stretch

Collier11
7/10/2006, 12:52 PM
I could easily see A&M coming out of the pre-OU schedule as a 7-2 or 8-1 team at best, or a 5-4 team. They are just toooo inconsistent for me to say that they can win conf games, especially on the road

Mac94
7/10/2006, 01:33 PM
That's pleny fair, and I agree with you. I do think we'll be 7-2 going into the OU game.

But, given that these games are also winnable (yes, we could lose, but they are games we could also plausibly win). That's all I'm pointing out, that if the ball bounces the right way, it isn't far fetched to say we could be undefeated headed ito our game with you all.

sooneron
7/10/2006, 02:12 PM
Probablity of wins
Citadel- High
Lalaf - very probable
Army - very probable
Lateck - probable
sand aggy - 50%
Ku - 48/52
Misery - probable
osu - hmmm, 60%
baylor - 62/38
OU - 30% , based on past games there
nebbish - 50/50
UTerus - 15%

Those are my best guesses

King Crimson
7/10/2006, 02:24 PM
the big question is will ATM have a defense this year? Darnell was not, to my mind, a real home run hire in any way, shape, or form. can't be as bad as Torbush, though.

Texas Ag fan over on their sites seem to assume that it's universally acknowledged that Steven Mcgee is probably the greatest, gutsiest, most ***-kicking football player on planet earth.

maybe he is, maybe he isn't. if the Ags don't win 8 games with that OOC schedule of patsies...then Fran will be swinging from a rope under the interstate bridge.

Sooners78
7/10/2006, 05:58 PM
I predict they lose to KU, OU, OSU, and Texas. Texas Tech in collie station is a toss up.

badger
7/10/2006, 08:33 PM
give aggy credit--

he knows A&M's gonna lose to OU.

Soonerfan1993
7/10/2006, 10:51 PM
I have them losing to OU, TX, KU, TXTECH, NEB and Bowl game to finish 7-6.