PDA

View Full Version : Swimsuit Model!!

slickdawg
7/7/2006, 09:16 AM
Friday is play in the water day at daycare. Slickdaughter loves it!

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4771/img0775medium5tt.jpg

mdklatt
7/7/2006, 09:18 AM
Good luck with this.

1stTimeCaller
7/7/2006, 09:29 AM
dude, you know Stanley is back...

Cute kid.

slickdawg
7/7/2006, 09:31 AM
dude, you know Stanley is back...

Cute kid.

Oh ****, I forgot! ;)

Thanks! She's daddy's girl!

Hatfield
7/7/2006, 09:40 AM
i have that exact swimsuit. ;)

cute kid.

skycat
7/7/2006, 09:46 AM
I'd call a foundation guy before that piano slides through a wall.

She's a cutie.

StoopTroup
7/7/2006, 09:48 AM
Very cute....lucky Parent's.

OCUDad
7/7/2006, 09:49 AM
Exchange the pacifier for a snorkel. Better to go swimmin' with.

slickdawg
7/7/2006, 09:51 AM
Exchange the pacifier for a snorkel. Better to go swimmin' with.

We're getting there. She just turned 2 and a half, but still has an
occasional fit for the pacifier.

etouffee
7/7/2006, 09:53 AM
Friday is play in the water day at daycare. Hmph. Friday is water day at our daycare, too. It's teh CONSP1RACY!!!!!!11111!

jk the sooner fan
7/7/2006, 10:19 AM
she's a cutie, was she chewing on a sharpie pen before she got the binky in her mouth?

Boarder
7/7/2006, 10:21 AM
Take the pacifier and throw it away. Period. Tell her there is no more pacifier.

You've already taken too long, so don't prolong it. My boys cried for one day and then it was on to something else.

Do it now. For the kids.

Mjcpr
7/7/2006, 10:22 AM
Do it for the children!

C&CDean
7/7/2006, 10:24 AM
Take the pacifier and throw it away. Period. Tell her there is no more pacifier.

You've already taken too long, so don't prolong it. My boys cried for one day and then it was on to something else.

Do it now. For the kids.

Winner.

I did the same thing with bottles. I collected up the bottles, had the kid help me, we carried them out to the trash, we talked about being grown up and throwing the bottles away and not needing them anymore. That night they'd whine for a few hours for their bottle, and by the next day, cured.

Parents don't do it cause it's just more convenient to let the kid have their pacifier. Suck it up and throw it away. You'll be much happier, and so will the kid.

And very cute kid BTW.

White House Boy
7/7/2006, 10:26 AM
Just throw the darn woobie in the fire place already!!!

1stTimeCaller
7/7/2006, 10:28 AM
what's the problem with a kid using a pacifier after a certain age?

Mjcpr
7/7/2006, 10:29 AM
It can damage the teeth, I think. You ever seen a kid that sucked their thumb too long? Their front teeth look like they were formed around a thumb.

Howzit, show him.

StoopTroup
7/7/2006, 10:29 AM
Winner.

I did the same thing with bottles. I collected up the bottles, had the kid help me, we carried them out to the trash, we talked about being grown up and throwing the bottles away and not needing them anymore. That night I whined for a few hours for another bottle, and by the next day, I was cured.

You'll be much happier, and so will the kid.

Hey what ever works for you man. ;)

http://www.johnnyjet.com/images/PicForNewsletterIrelandSept2005CorkBudBeerBottles. JPG

White House Boy
7/7/2006, 10:31 AM
what's the problem with a kid using a pacifier after a certain age?

Buck teeth.

It happens.

Boarder
7/7/2006, 10:31 AM
Theres an orthodontic problem, or so I'm told.

Other than that, it's a discipline thing. When they get a certain age, they don't require one for calming like when they're really young. It just becomes a habit.

You have to get some control early or the next thing you know she's crying for a new Burberry raincoat and you're out getting one.

1stTimeCaller
7/7/2006, 10:32 AM
thanks.

OUDoc
7/7/2006, 10:34 AM
http://www.dickhardwick.com/pics/teethpic.gif

Sooner in Tampa
7/7/2006, 10:35 AM
what's the problem with a kid using a pacifier after a certain age?Kids that suck pacifiers too long end up spend way too much time on messages boards, they hit on baned members girlfriends, and they get ignored by power companies. :D

Boarder
7/7/2006, 10:35 AM
PACIFIWND!

Cack
7/7/2006, 10:40 AM

you can turn 2 and a half :confused:

1stTimeCaller
7/7/2006, 10:49 AM
maybe things are different in SC but 6 months = 1/2 a year.

White House Boy
7/7/2006, 10:53 AM
maybe things are different in SC but 6 months = 1/2 a year.

This may give you a little clarity on the thought processes of Cack5:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8717/468864620gjkumjph4uq.jpg

A picture is truly worth a thousand words.

StoopTroup
7/7/2006, 10:56 AM
Why the wicky-wicky?

I think it's also called "The Shaka". :eek:

http://www.bigislandsams.com/images/shaka.gif

slickdawg
7/7/2006, 11:30 AM
she's a cutie, was she chewing on a sharpie pen before she got the binky in her mouth?

She actually had gotten into Momma's makeup. I think it's eyeliner.

slickdawg
7/7/2006, 11:31 AM
Winner.

I did the same thing with bottles. I collected up the bottles, had the kid help me, we carried them out to the trash, we talked about being grown up and throwing the bottles away and not needing them anymore. That night they'd whine for a few hours for their bottle, and by the next day, cured.

Parents don't do it cause it's just more convenient to let the kid have their pacifier. Suck it up and throw it away. You'll be much happier, and so will the kid.

And very cute kid BTW.

Well thank you Dean.

I'm gonna talk to slickwife tonight about the "brute force" method.

slickdawg
7/7/2006, 11:33 AM

Is that a hook 'em on the left hand?

jk the sooner fan
7/7/2006, 11:34 AM
Well thank you Dean.

he's right, i took my oldest off the damn things cold turkey, its the only way you can do it

it will suck for a day or two but you'll thank yourself later

colleyvillesooner
Well thank you Dean.

You're gonna "talk to her" about it? You're obviously not understanding how Dean rolls.

You walk in the house, grab the pacifier, throw it away, then inform your wife of what just went down.

:D

LilSooner
I had a friend growing up that was allowed to suck her thumb. It was gross I moved in the 4th grade and I heard she was still sucking her thumb when she was 18.

ChickSoonerFan
7/7/2006, 11:45 AM
My daughter has sprinkler day on Thursdays...highlight of the week.

Cold turkey, take it away. Three days of pure hell then never again. But she was almost 4. The longer you wait, I think the harder it may be...her teeth are fine though.

Newbomb Turk
7/7/2006, 11:50 AM
I don't think anybody has mentioned it slick, but just take the pacifier and throw it away. YWIA. ;)

Cute little girl by the way.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2006, 11:52 AM

Icy Hot invades the SC.

colleyvillesooner
7/7/2006, 11:53 AM
The longer you wait, I think the harder it may be...her teeth are fine now though. A few years down the road, who knows. Those things take time

Fixed :D

colleyvillesooner
7/7/2006, 11:53 AM
Icy Hot invades the SC.

Heh, now that's a fark that needs to happen.

Newbomb Turk
7/7/2006, 11:54 AM
Heh, now that's a fark that needs to happen.

I think it has, but I'm too lazy to look.

Sooner in Tampa
7/7/2006, 12:06 PM
I think it has, but I'm too lazy to look.Not yet, but you know that it is only a matter of time. :eddie:

Sooner in Tampa
7/7/2006, 12:48 PM
http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/8521/cack9uc.jpg

Osce0la
7/7/2006, 12:58 PM

Do it now. For the kids.
My sister kept saying she was going to take the pacifier away from her daughter. She finally just had 1 and she would let her have it when she was taking a nap or going to bed. Well, they were gone one day, so my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I took it with us when we left...Threw it in the trash at the gas station, and that was the end of that. It was quite humorous watching my sister search the house for that pacifier and yelling "I LEFT IT RIGHT HERE - WHERE IS IT?!?!?!"...The daughter pitched a fit the first night, and after that she was fine without it.

Osce0la
7/7/2006, 12:59 PM
http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/8521/cack9uc.jpg
How/why is my fark in this thread? :confused:

Nevermind...I understand now...Please, take it away before she ends up like this:
http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/6984/cack20yk.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

slickdawg
7/7/2006, 01:08 PM
Dumbazz, this is the SO. ANYTHING can and usually does happen.

:D

Remember, this thread started about my beautiful little girl. Now it's cack
holding anal lube.

Boarder
7/7/2006, 01:17 PM
Tough love is what she needed. Good intervention.

My youngest is 10 months old and I can't even remember how long ago it was the pacifier was removed. He was like 3 or 4 months, I think. Same with the oldest one. Just throw it away. They're babies for petesake. If you can't outwill a baby you're in serious trouble.

Chick...4 years old?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!!?! GAH!

Osce0la
7/7/2006, 01:21 PM
Tough love is what she needed. Good intervention.

My youngest is 10 months old and I can't even remember how long ago it was the pacifier was removed. He was like 3 or 4 months, I think. Same with the oldest one. Just throw it away. They're babies for petesake. If you can't outwill a baby you're in serious trouble.

Chick...4 years old?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!!?! GAH!
I read somewhere that it is good for them to have it the first year, as the (oh god this will get twisted around so badly on this board) sucking on the pacifier will help them when they start eating other foods, but that by 12 months you should start taking it away, and have it gone shortly after that.

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 02:03 PM
I am pleased to report back that slickdaughter is now pacifier free! :D

Thanks to all for the advice, we did the cold-turkey method, put up with
fussiness for a couple of days, and she'd occasionally ask about her
"fafier" for a week or so, but that's over now!

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2316/img0830mediumko1.jpg

skycat
7/25/2006, 02:29 PM
Cute as ever.

But what did you do to her leg?

Mjcpr
7/25/2006, 02:32 PM
I think she's taking a Howzit.

JohnnyMack
7/25/2006, 02:33 PM
Cute as ever.

:les:DHS!!!!!!!!

MamaMia
7/25/2006, 02:37 PM
She just gets cuter by the day. :)

Czar Soonerov
7/25/2006, 02:46 PM
I had a friend growing up that was allowed to suck her thumb. It was gross I moved in the 4th grade and I heard she was still sucking her thumb when she was 18.

Got her number? :hot:

Beano's Fourth Chin
7/25/2006, 03:08 PM
I am pleased to report back that slickdaughter is now pacifier free! :D

Thanks to all for the advice, we did the cold-turkey method, put up with
fussiness for a couple of days, and she'd occasionally ask about her
"fafier" for a week or so, but that's over now!

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2316/img0830mediumko1.jpg
Slick, you probably don't want to hear this, but your daughter is too old for hats, band-aids and towels. I'm sure you're quite unfit to be a parent.

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 03:31 PM
Cute as ever.

If she sees a bandaid, it SHALL go on her. She loves the things, there's been
times where she's had 4-5 on her at once.

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 03:31 PM
Slick, you probably don't want to hear this, but your daughter is too old for hats, band-aids and towels. I'm sure you're quite unfit to be a parent.

Beano, you are just now figuring that out?

stoopified
7/25/2006, 03:42 PM
I've been lucky my son Ryan is almost 2 1/2 but has never been a pacifier baby,except fo a couple of times when his teething was bad.

StoopTroup
7/25/2006, 03:46 PM
We never gave one to either of our kids.

At 8 and almost 4...they won't be quiet now.

BoogercountySooner
7/25/2006, 05:50 PM
Winner.

And very cute kid BTW.

What do you do when they are nursing?:)

mrssoonerhubler
7/25/2006, 08:38 PM
I don't have kids so I am not the authority. All I know is my bro took my neices away cold turkey when she was two. at night time she would sneak out of bed, climb into her sisters crib and still her Binky. She was a closet binky sucker for many years. she has finally grown out of it though.

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 08:49 PM
I don't have kids so I am not the authority. All I know is my bro took my neices away cold turkey when she was two. at night time she would sneak out of bed, climb into her sisters crib and still her Binky. She was a closet binky sucker for many years. she has finally grown out of it though.

That's a funny story! Kids are smarter than we give them credit for.

BajaOklahoma
7/25/2006, 11:41 PM
A binky thief! She will never live that one down.

We called them "corks," as in put a cork in it. I couldn't tell you when they gave them up, it wasn't a big deal though.

My niece loved her cork. She would have made a great cartoon - pull it out and she screamed the house down, stick it back it and instant quiet. Her dad used to do love pulling the cork out and putting it back..... he's so easy to entertain.