PDA

View Full Version : Ortiz or Shamrock?

OU4LIFE
7/7/2006, 07:18 AM
I'm leaning toward Ortiz puffing his face up again.

and I have no idea who to pick in the Silvia - Arlovski bout. I'm just hoping for a minimum of 2 rounds from them both.

fadada1
7/7/2006, 08:11 AM
heading up to rochester today for the weekend. my buddy is getting the PPV. i find myself watching spike every night it's on.

all i know is that these guys are certifiable... and i'd want them on my side in a fight. oh, and all the "old" footage of royce gracie is freaking amazing. guy was a complete tactician... and definitely knew how to hurt people. the newer guys have a lot of skill, but are more street fighters than gracie.

Boomer.....
7/7/2006, 08:32 AM
Gotta be Ortiz. Shamrock is getting way to old.

Hatfield
7/7/2006, 08:35 AM
Ortiz. Would like Ken but he is 100 years old and got worked last time the met. I doubt it gets out of the first round unless there is a whole lot of holding going on

Rhino
7/7/2006, 12:00 PM
Ortiz pretty easily.

Scott D
7/7/2006, 12:26 PM
I hope Ortiz pounds that crackhead into bolivian.

Sooner_Bob
7/7/2006, 01:00 PM
The replay of their first fight was on SpikeTV last night . . . Tito was deadly with his knees and elbows.

If it goes to the ground Tito will pound him . . . if it stays up Ken may have a shot, but not much of one.

Would any else like to see Don Frye fight Tito?

C&CDean
7/7/2006, 01:04 PM
I hope Ortiz pounds that crackhead into bolivian.

Dude, Shamrock is white. Everybody knows you gotta be black to be a crackhead. Geez Louise.

Sooner_Bob
7/7/2006, 03:12 PM
Dude, Shamrock is white. Everybody knows you gotta be black to be a crackhead. Geez Louise.

http://www.infoblvd.net/moore/south_park/shamrock_park.jpg

HskrGrl
7/7/2006, 04:41 PM
Ortiz! No question about it. Have you seen his Shirt (http://www.punishmentathletics.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=614&category_id=4&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=35) for the fight?

My husband and I were planning on going out to watch it together, but he had to go out of town for work and none of my girlfriends seem to want to watch a UFC fight. :confused: I guess I have to order it and watch it at home by myself. :(

Scott D
7/7/2006, 06:45 PM

prease exprain why Cartman's mother was on the cover of Crackwhore Magazine. (http://www.bluesnews.com/miscimages/sp-crackwhore.jpg)

dolemitesooner
7/7/2006, 06:51 PM
ORTIZ

critical_phil
7/7/2006, 07:05 PM
i thought for sure dolemite was going to pick oRitz in this fight....

KC//CRIMSON
7/7/2006, 08:43 PM
Ortiz.

I'd like to see Ortiz vs Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva II

That would be awesome. An awesome mudhole stomped in Tito that is.....:cool:

StoopTroup
7/7/2006, 09:24 PM
Ortiz.

critical_phil
7/7/2006, 09:36 PM
nothing good can come of this fight.

if ortiz wins, shamrock won't retire.
if shamrock wins, shamrock won't retire.

a loser leaves town match would be cool for this fight........

MiccoMacey
7/7/2006, 10:16 PM

Too.
True.

Ortiz, easily.

Sooner_Bob
7/7/2006, 10:33 PM

Heh . . .

The next thing you know Dan Severn will show up . . .

Sooner_Bob
7/7/2006, 10:38 PM
Holee Crap (http://www.the-dangerzone.com/pogroster.shtml)

http://www.the-dangerzone.com/POG%20JEFF%20KING

Oldnslo
7/7/2006, 11:10 PM
Ortiz, without question.

I'll also go with Silva.

KC//CRIMSON
7/9/2006, 02:52 AM
WOW! HOLY ****! The biggest fight ever announced in the history of MMA. IMO.

Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva vs Chuck Liddell in November if Chuck gets by Babalu.

Get ready to get KTFO Chucky.:D

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g175/evilmaster-mma/Chuck-Youarealreadydead.gif

MiccoMacey
7/9/2006, 09:24 AM
Biggest rip off ever.

Ortiz-Shamrock never even got started. 1:08? Are you kidding me? No way the ref should have jumped in that soon.

LilSooner
7/9/2006, 09:40 AM
I don't know what sucked more the ortiz-shamrock fight or the Silva-arvlosky(who ever the crap you spell his name). Who are you not going to throw a punch in last min. WORST FIGHT EVAR!

Not to mention fox & hound is pretty much the worst bar I have ever been to in my entire life. If your service is going to suck, you better damn well have me a pretty waitor.

MiccoMacey
7/9/2006, 11:47 AM
I don't know what sucked more the ortiz-shamrock fight or the Silva-arvlosky(who ever the crap you spell his name). Who are you not going to throw a punch in last min. WORST FIGHT EVAR!

Not to mention fox & hound is pretty much the worst bar I have ever been to in my entire life. If your service is going to suck, you better damn well have me a pretty waitor.

Neither deserved to win the fight. The best match of the night was Burkman and Meere.

LilSooner
7/9/2006, 11:53 AM
Neither deserved to win the fight. The best match of the night was Burkman and Meere.

Agreed. Here is a conversation we had at our table. When that dude bled all over the mat. How do they disinfect that? We had some dude that told me that they used bleach, then looked at me like I was the dumbest person on earth when I disagreed with him. He claims that it kills everything. Huh, if so why don't they use in in the OR?

Seriously bleach to get out blood?!?

That was disgusting.

MiccoMacey
7/9/2006, 12:00 PM
Agreed. Here is a conversation we had at our table. When that dude bled all over the mat. How do they disinfect that? We had some dude that told me that they used bleach, then looked at me like I was the dumbest person on earth when I disagreed with him. He claims that it kills everything. Huh, if so why don't they use in in the OR?

Seriously bleach to get out blood?!?

That was disgusting.

Yeah, bleach does work. You can use it to clean up (in the OR), but you couldn't use it on an open wound.

The fire department uses something called Kavacide (not sure of the spelling). Works pretty good.

Plus, it doesn't disinect the blood that already got on the other fighter. Or the new blood that was coming out of his head.

critical_phil
7/9/2006, 12:39 PM
Here is a conversation we had at our table. When that dude bled all over the mat. How do they disinfect that?

disinfect what exactly? the nevada athletic commission requires pre-fight HIV and Hep B/C screening.

LilSooner
7/9/2006, 12:49 PM
disinfect what exactly? the nevada athletic commission requires pre-fight HIV and Hep B/C screening.

I didn't know that? I know nothing about these fights. I see blood, I think I sure as hell wouldn't want to roll around in that.

Sooner_Bob
7/9/2006, 07:11 PM
That was the one of the worst UFC PPVs ever.

Sooner_Bob
7/9/2006, 07:12 PM
WOW! HOLY ****! The biggest fight ever announced in the history of MMA. IMO.

Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva vs Chuck Liddell in November if Chuck gets by Babalu.

Get ready to get KTFO Chucky.:D

That would be an awesome fight . . . I hope we get to see it.

usmc-sooner
7/9/2006, 09:04 PM
so who won?
Ortiz and Arlowski

tbl
7/9/2006, 11:22 PM
I don't understand how that guy in the first fight can lose a gallon of blood and the Doctors had to stop the fight, but Shamrock gets elbowed 4 times (I counted) and the ref jumps in. That guy is the worst ref in the UFC. Like him or not, Shamrock deserves a rematch. Also, it sucks for Tito that it's the only fight he can win. Anybody else of substance beats him any time he fights them, so I guess beating Shamrock will be his only claim to fame.

Also, the Sylvia/Arlovski fight was the worst fight evar. What a crappy night for UFC. I bet Dana White is ticked off...

Sooner_Bob
7/10/2006, 12:02 AM
Yep . . . I'll bet he's praying that The Iceman wins his next fight so he can hook up with The Axe Murderer.

Rhino
7/10/2006, 12:15 AM
The ref made the right call on the Ortiz/Shamrock fight. Four or five elbows to the face without Shamrock even putting up his arms to try to protect himself. If he would have moved his arms half an inch inward, it wouldn't have been called.

Horrible PPV.

OU4LIFE
7/10/2006, 07:26 AM
what a complete waste of money that thing was. The Josh fight was by far the best fight of the night.

that may be the first time I have ever seen a championship belt match go 5 rounds and NEVER hit the ground. JESUS that was bad. They should have taken the belt from both of them and put it up for grabs.

Frank Mir wins? Hey judges, what fight were YOU watching? Dan "giant Head" Christisen wasn't good, but he sure as heck won that fight. Mir needs to go back to drinking beer and retire.

Ice man vs. Silva....man that is going ot be great. I'm picking Chuck, mainly because I couldn't understand a single ****ing word out of Silva's mouth. Go America.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2006, 10:28 AM
what a complete waste of money that thing was. The Josh fight was by far the best fight of the night.

that may be the first time I have ever seen a championship belt match go 5 rounds and NEVER hit the ground. JESUS that was bad. They should have taken the belt from both of them and put it up for grabs.

Frank Mir wins? Hey judges, what fight were YOU watching? Dan "giant Head" Christisen wasn't good, but he sure as heck won that fight. Mir needs to go back to drinking beer and retire.

Ice man vs. Silva....man that is going ot be great. I'm picking Chuck, mainly because I couldn't understand a single ****ing word out of Silva's mouth. Go America.

I thought it was pretty funny when DW annouced Silva to the UFC crowd and there was hardly a sound like nobody knew who he was. They're getting ready to find out.:D Chuck looked real uncomfortable, he knows Silva is going to stomp a mudhole in him and he has next to no chance of winning.

OU4LIFE
7/10/2006, 10:31 AM
I just can't see Chuck being too afraid of anybody in his weight class.

opinions vary.

Hatfield
7/10/2006, 10:37 AM
the bleeder was actively moving and protecting himself.

shamrock was blocking the elbows with his face. I really think only the first 2 were clean shots and the next 2 were glancing blows...but something like that you have to make the decision quickly. I won't blame the ref even though I would have liked to see it go longer.

Hatfield
7/10/2006, 10:38 AM
here it is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ielwMhwrBOw&search=Tito%20Ortiz

jmr_77
7/10/2006, 10:48 AM
I agree with most that it was an awful PPV. The 1st fight was OK, until both fighters were pretty much covered in one fighters blood. But the cut fighter was still attempting to fight. The doctor stopped it, and the fighter wasn't happy about it. The Frank Mir fight was slow and boring, and the crowd let them know it by booing. Frank Mir was totally out of shape and was lucky to get the decision. I thought the referee in the Ortiz/Shamrock fight made a good call in stopping it when he did. In UFC they stop a fight when a fighter is not, or cannot "intelligently defend himself". After the 1st elbow from Ortiz Shamrock never attempted to defend himself. The Burkman and Neer fight was good. But the heavyweight title fight was horrendous, and the crowd let them know it too. I don't remember the last time I heard that much booing on 1 UFC PPV.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2006, 10:57 AM
I just can't see Chuck being too afraid of anybody in his weight class.

opinions vary.

Trust me, Chuck is VERY nervous. Silva is the best 205lb fighter to ever step foot in a ring. He's the current Middleweight Champion in Pride, the Current Grand Prix Champion, and is in the final four of the "Final Conflict Open Weight" tournament in Pride, which is the biggest Tourny in the world. He just KO'd Fuijita (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K17NXteK_Zw&search=wanderlei%20silva) who has never been KO'd and out weighed Silva by a good 45 lbs. Have you ever seen this guy fight? He's unreal. He has a 24-3-1 MMA Record - Has never been knocked out - And all three loss's we're by decision. He's also one of the very few people who have beaten Cro-Cop.

This is Chuck vs Rampage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEW1xeMhV3s&search=chuck%20liddell

This is Wand vs Rampage I - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oRq_0uMmZw&search=wanderlei%20silva

This is Wand vs Rampage II - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRRynD-wjT0&search=wanderlei%20silva

Sure, anything can happen. But I don't think Chuck has a prayer.

Some other highlights - http://www.youtube.com/results?search=wanderlei+silva&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

They don't call him "The Axe Murderer" for nothing.:D

Rhino
7/10/2006, 03:28 PM
Silva's biggest strength is intimidation. If you don't get intimidated, you can fight with him. His biggest weakness is over-agressiveness.

And that Iceman/Jackson was from three years ago - a lot has changed since then. Chuck is a much better fighter now. I mean, six years ago, Tito Ortiz beat Silva. Now, he wouldn't come close.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2006, 03:50 PM
Silva was a young punk when he fought Ortiz. Now he would tear Tito a new one and it wouldn't even be close. Silva is at the top of his game now and is damn near unstoppable. Nobody except for maybe Cro-Cop and a few heavyweights wants to fight him. His biggest strength is beating the living **** out of people, you don't go 24-3 all by decision -1 by intimidation only.;)

I mean this is a guy that went toe to toe with Mark Hunt at 290 pounds who is one of if not the strongest punchers in MMA and went to a judges decision.

If this fight ever happens, Chuck is going to sleep and it could get ugly. I hope it's Pride rules too, none of this UFC wussy crap.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeOtIn4KnKA&search=wanderlei%20silva

I'd be scared too if a gorilla said he wanted to f*** me.:D

HskrGrl
7/10/2006, 03:53 PM
Did anyone else start laughing when Silva was saying he wanted to "fight Chuck" and accidently said he wanted "to f@$&" then corrected himself?

I was ****ed when the Tito/Shamrock fight ended so quickly, but only because I wanted to watch Ken have his a$$ handed to him again. :D I wouldn't be dissappointed to see another rematch, but I think the article about the fight on UFC.com says it best:

...a third fight between the two would seem counterproductive at this point, given that the 42-year-old Shamrock has now lost five of his last six fights while Ortiz, 31, eyes a title shot.

I think Tito still has a little ways to go before I would feel confident about him winning in a title match against Chuck. But then again Chuck still has to win at least 2 more fights in order for an Ortiz/Liddell title match to be set. I'm sure Tito would like a rematch with him even if it wasn't for the title, though.

Sometime around the middle of the second round of the Arlovski/Sylvia match I laid down on the couch and fell asleep. I woke up during the 4th round ****ed that I fell asleep. Once I realized I hadn't missed a damn thing I was even more ****ed. That was the worst UFC ppv fight EVAR!

usmc-sooner
7/10/2006, 03:57 PM
Silva might win, but Chuck did not look intimidated or scared.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2006, 03:59 PM
Silva might win, but Chuck did not look intimidated or scared.

He will be.

Rhino
7/10/2006, 04:01 PM
Did anyone else start laughing when Silva was saying he wanted to "fight Chuck" and accidently said he wanted "to f@$&" then corrected himself? I'm so glad someone else caught that. I thought I was hearing things.

HskrGrl
7/10/2006, 04:32 PM
I'd be scared too if a gorilla said he wanted to f*** me.:D

LOL! I must have missed your post when I was typing mine. I guess that's why Chuck looked so ****ed off when he stomped up on stage. If I was a man I wouldn't be happy if some guy said he wanted to f*** me on national tv. :eek:

Rhino
7/10/2006, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeOtIn4KnKA&search=wanderlei%20silva

I'd be scared too if a gorilla said he wanted to f*** me.:D If you watch closely, you can see Chuck turn his ring back around when Silva is out of the ring.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2006, 05:11 PM
Ha. Read the comments, it's about 20/1 in favor of Wandy.;)

Wandy drops Chuck in the middle of the first round. Next day, XYIENCE stock plummets 80% ...:D

usmc-sooner
7/10/2006, 05:24 PM
so Chuck lost to Rampage and Silva beat Rampage but Silva lost to Tito and Vitor and Chuck knocked both of them out. I think it'll be a pretty good fight.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2006, 05:54 PM
so Chuck lost to Rampage and Silva beat Rampage but Silva lost to Tito and Vitor and Chuck knocked both of them out. I think it'll be a pretty good fight.

True. But the Tito/Wandy fight came down to a decision. But both Wandy/Chucky have come along ways since those fight. It just that Wandy is by far superior. It's like saying Baylor could beat Texass, true they could, but it's highly unlikely.

If big time heavyweights like Cro-Cop, Hunt, and Fuijita couldn't knock out Wandy, How in the world is little ole Chucky Liddell? Chuck has never fought anyone close to Wandy's "standing skills" except for maybe Rampage.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/10/2006, 05:55 PM
Can we talk about the upcoming Mosely/Vargas fight here or does it deserve it's own thread?

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2006, 05:59 PM
Can we talk about the upcoming Mosely/Vargas fight here or does it deserve it's own thread?

You can talk about whatever you want, you blonde goddess.;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/10/2006, 06:06 PM
Well...alrighty then...:D

Who you guys like? Who do you want to win?

tbl
7/10/2006, 06:09 PM
Boxing is now the suck.

tbl
7/10/2006, 07:06 PM
and none of these guys listed could beat this guy:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/Fedor.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2006, 07:30 PM
and none of these guys listed could beat this guy:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/Fedor.jpg

I don't think he will ever lose a fight. Ever. And the one loss he had because of a bleeding cut/referee stop doesn't count. He came back and destroyed that guy a few months later.

tbl
7/11/2006, 09:14 AM
It's weird though. His style is not that great to watch, but he stinking wins every time.

KC//CRIMSON
7/11/2006, 09:20 AM
It's weird though. His style is not that great to watch, but he stinking wins every time.

http://media.putfile.com/Pride-FC-Critical-Countdown-2004---Fedor

watch the slam on his head, then he ends it quick.

Sooner_Bob
7/11/2006, 05:52 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Pride-FC-Critical-Countdown-2004---Fedor

watch the slam on his head, then he ends it quick.

I would love to see them fight again . . .

critical_phil
7/11/2006, 05:54 PM
i caught some PRIDE on FOXSW last night.

the crazy 155 lb. guy (black dude from FL) looked really good.

Sooner_Bob
7/11/2006, 05:57 PM
I just finished latest round of Critical Countdown 2006 . . . the finals are gonna rawk.

KC//CRIMSON
7/11/2006, 06:02 PM
i caught some PRIDE on FOXSW last night.

the crazy 155 lb. guy (black dude from FL) looked really good.

They also showed a replay of Silva vs Rampage II. Brutal. I thought Rampage died the first time I saw it.:eek: